Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] 2007/2008 Masters A Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys, quit trying to beat Coach in the most exclamation marks in a post competition. You are not even close to his level.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think I deserved the shove he gave me though....he could have received a straight red for that one. Anyways, we'll see you next year in premier....just change your start times on friday nites please!
SCK

Was'nt he off the field when you ran him? Had we had a ref you would have been in the book, instead they sent Hadji..

However no denying that you fully deserved the win.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And if SFU were going to forfeit, they could have backed right out of cup play, as did for example, the Metro Ford side.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve1234: Off the field? Where were you?? I saved the ball from going out...If he wasn't so slow in reacting maybe he would have arrived sooner...You are right about hte ref though. He cannot do cup games let alone regular season ones. I might also mention that he gave you a gift on my offside goal. Your guy was sitting on the six yard box on the other side! I'm probably pissed for not getting 3 or 4 against you guys though...You should have started your backup keeper...in my opinion.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's just end it here ..
You guys deserved the win .. our starting keeper Paul earned his spot on the pitch by his commitment all year to training and games

i can see where the above conversations are going about Ref's and other nit picks ...Basically no where .. I know this is TTP but ... good luck in the Quarters and win the cup so we can say we lost to the cup winners

Calvin

Apr 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to ruin everyone's thoughtful and insightful predictions......

Wickham 3, Cliff Ave 1.....yes, that is the correct scoreline......I'll wait for Cliff's post first to see how much "truth" needs to be told......

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had a Columbus old-timer game so this is all hearsay, but, heard that it was a good game between Cliff and Wickham. Apparently, even with the skinny line-up last week that game was not that bad... this week with definitely a stronger line-up and we got the goal scoring breaks. Ex-Troller Bob Duggan with the first on a chip from 20, Richie with a deft Scottish chip from 5, and fellow 50's baby, Neil Sandall off a cross.

We are not helping out Sir M at all, but maybe the Westside result clinches a spot for you?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well,

I guess with those 2 results, we are done unless Westside loses their last 2 league games and we get a playoff with Sapperton.

BRM 0-1 22nd ave lions OT

They played the perfect game against us really, full marks to them. They sat back, defended and countered well. We just could not generate many quality chances.

It's fcuking February and we are probably done :(

Good luck to everyone else still in it!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That does suck Regs.

Not that it matters but did you have the full squad out today?

Unlucky.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, it doesn't matter, but since you are asking, no we did not.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Freddy, I thought it was 1-0 when I arrived. I guess it must have been 2-0.

Anyway, you deserved it.

CJ, we have already qualified if you were asking about that.

Regs, by my math, you are not yet done.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not completely done but our best chance lies in Westside losing both league games left and Sapperton making the final I think.

Everything else is at best a playoff and the worst thing that could happen probably would be Westside to finish tied with us and Sapp and the league then can't do a playoff proper (I think we would lose any tie-breaker formula).

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the Columbus/Westside game. Freddy is right. The score flattered Columbus. Westside really took it to them. Could have been much worse. Some good free kicks BTW. Looks like Hose had too many meals at Fredricos. Sorry that I couldn't meet you there Hose. Good luck in the provincials!
SCK

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs: Unlucky today...I know how it feels. To not have a very good SU team represent us in the provincials is a fcuking shame...I know our CAT team decided to not sign with us because they actually thought they'd have a chance. I never imagined they would pull off today though. They are thrilled!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What....no running off at the mouth from Hose????
Regs....shall I put you down as a fourth in our foursome?

Cheers!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Lomas 1

Played at Quilchena - a 90 X 60 pitch made up of mud and sand. Worst field in the Lower Mainland.
Lomas scored first 10 minutes in on an absolute fantastic strike which most of us, let alone that guy, could never duplicate again - out 35 yards on the touch line, he had a first time dipping rocket of a shot into the far corner. It started on a throw in 10 yards on their side of the field. He threw it 20 yards, bounced for 5 yards and "boom" full volley. That was their only chance until late in the game.
I really thought it wasn't going to be our day after we hit the cross bar and post and couldn't finish easy chances from even 2 yards out. But after Paul missed a couple sitters a brutal player (#13) started to chirp; calling Favs a plumber. Paul then scored 2 goals within 3 minutes and Gary Donald finished him off with a crushing check with 5 min to go. Got to hand it to the guy; he got up and played hard throughout. The Lomas worked and tacked extremely hard and it made for a tense flurry of back and forth soccer in added time.

A tight game, but if that game was on a regular sized pitch it would have been an easy Sapp victory.

We had 5 guys missing, thus we only had 17 guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0