Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] 2007/2008 Masters A Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 4 - Bulldogs 1 (2-0 at half)

A pretty gritty and hard working team. I have a lot of respect for those guys; they played hard and even when down 3-0 the got a nice goal back and started tackling even harder. The 'dogs' almost opened the scoring in the 10th min but Tommy cleared nicely. It wasn't a great game by any means, but quite entertaining. As usual, Paul Favs ran miles and was motm.

Arnie Meers will make his Sapp debut next week.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to hear about the loss Scotty............

It's time you played one season very close to home next year????;)

(What number do you want pal ) Me and the Meyer man were sitting at Sammy J's last night talking about you two playing together again.(Oh and yes the birds were Fantastic....)

Unlucky bud.

Come on Scotty.............

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For once we had less guys than the Firemen...Missing key guys for a number of reasons. Where have I heard that before? Played with limited subs and it almost cost us. I would say the PK was not an easy call....However, still I wonder why your keeper came out at me. He had no chance at it....Was I going to score from that angle?? The result was all we needed and we were lucky to ward off their pressure. Not much in the way of quality chances though....Rob Z. will need to go running this week again. Didn't like the offside call though...Our frontrunner was way onside and put it in the back of the net. Should have counted...
On a side note, thanks Scotty for your comment on our player. He was BIG in the first twenty five. As one of your key players said to me after the incident..."he's right up my ass." He dislocated his knee cap last time I heard.
With our guys back on Friday we should be okay. But a 9:00 p.m. start time on Friday night??What is Reuben thinking?
I'll hold off on Disneyland for another week....
SCK

SCK - give my best to Manny ... still cannot understand why he came in the way he did and it was a 70-30 ball for me. The ref gave you the game with the PK - and yes our goalie should not have touched you but to hear the ref say he almost didn't call it was unbelieveable - given it was in the corner of the 18 on the end line and the ball was already going out ... well if you are not sure you don't make the call or you even it up later which he had a few chances to do. As for the offside and you burying it - it was only because our keeper let up. But anyways ... at least the wives are happy.... off to Mexico. We'll be better, stronger, faster next year with a bit of a makeover.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot:
We will be wearing our traditional blue and black jerseys for Friday night...The turf field is right next to the lovely grass pitch correct? Missing key guys due to the start time.....big stag and guys rolling out of town to the sandy confines of Mexico and Hawaii. Should be a good one....

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK

Thanks for the Info on your jersey colour ..if were prepared we should have two kit there ...
Damn and our black jersey's are so Slimming

concerning the Grass pitch .....beside the crab grass ...it's flat

see ya Friday
T

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this weekend!

ROUND OF 16
Game 5:Columbus FC vs Westside 'A' *Columbus FC*
Game 6: Winner of Game 2 vs Sapperton *Sapperton*
Game 7: Cliff Avenue United vs Wickham FC *CA with Big M getting a shutout*
Game 8: SFU Royals vs Vancouver United * SFU Royals*
Game 9: West Van FC vs Shaheen SC *Shaheen*:D

Game 10: Surrey United vs 22nd Avenue/ICSF Lions * SU* they had 20 players at training last night and are focused!

Game 11: PCOV 'A' vs Cracovia * PCOV* No more crack this year

Game 12: Richmond United vs Inter *Inter*

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as the remaining games in this next round go ( Shaheen is through), Sir M predicts the following winners:

Westside
Sapperton
Cliff Ave
SFU Royals
(Shaheen have a bye in this slot)
Surrey Utd
PCOV
Inter

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I noticed that you didn't want to choose the exact same picks as me, so you went with Westside! Funny I was gonna pick them too cause of Columbus's long lay off! But figured that Sarge would be upset if I bet against them!;)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3-0 over RU. We scored two early and it really could have been ugly. They had some possession but really couldn't generate many scoring chances. Hopefully, a Sunday game next week....
SCK

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3-0 over RU. We scored two early and it really could have been ugly. They had some possession but really couldn't generate many scoring chances. Hopefully, a Sunday game next week....
SCK

Sck... Could have been ugly but you guys could not stop hitting the condo on the other side of granville st ... Guess i cant say much, if we losed 3 bagel.....

Your first goal, (in the first ten minutes), wasnt like you built the play from the back, it was our mistake.... we gave you that goal and you finished well .....cuz of our mistakes, you scored a second.

You were the better team, but we did not go down without a fight.....
The third goal was a HOWETSER..!!!!!!

Good luck in your Quarterfinal....

Deucy

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes....I should have mentioned your effort. You guys worked hard. Just couldn't muster many chances as RZ was not busy in net. We could have had many though...Your first goalie tried hard on all goals...Not sure what happened with him but hope he is okay. He came out rather awkward before being substituted. I don't think I deserved the shove he gave me though....he could have received a straight red for that one. Anyways, we'll see you next year in premier....just change your start times on friday nites please!
SCK

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

He CAN spell after all!! Saw Hose munchin on a few doughnuts on Hastings. I thought you only eat canoli?? Word is out that you've missed a few sessions....You'll be running it off tomorrow morning if you are on the pitch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0