Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 December/January Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And far be it from you to print out these posts to put on the wall at training or cut and paste and send out via Firemen Group Email?

:D

No danger, I've usually found the Rosenlund brothers to be fairly laid back lads.

I'm sorry, when and where do you play Columbus again?

;)

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why pay $1.06 when you can just use purple gas..... PS, I hope you guys can knock off Columbus Friday night because in the only game we had against them last year we just squeaked by.:D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why pay $1.06 when you can just use purple gas..... PS, I hope you guys can knock off Columbus Friday night because in the only game we had against them last year we just squeaked by.

That's not what I heard at the park a year ago...They apparently deserved to win and were quite distraught over the loss. As a matter of fact, they were seen having lunch on Hastings at some "wannabe" italian restaurant...You know, RF, which one...An something??
SCK

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why, oh why, is my opinion and expertise only put to good use on culinary questions? :D

And it better not be Anton's on Hastings you're talking about here in the 'wannabe' category.
Because, the portions are, well, divine to say the least...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now ColemanJ, what is going on with this whole Norgate at 1000 on Sunday game? The field is 60 meters by 20 meters, and has a baseball diamond, sacred burying ground, and a horseshoe pit contained in the northern 18 yard box. Over and above that, it is subject to a land claim. I mean Eagles and Roger ("after twenty five years I deserve the benefit of the doubt") Clemens standing shoulder to shoulder cannot fit across the breadth of the goal line...Actually now that I think of it, Eagles is hosting a bunch of us a block away for a huge Bingo game after the match, cheap smokes.

But I digress...Do you realize how fat everyone is after Christmas? I mean, can you imagine the Dancing Bear lining up at the center circle with one foot over the side touch line? If Ryan C slide tackles someone they are both going to end up in Tidey's (thats on Marine Drive, its a trophy place). I cannot imagine the state we will be in when the little Italian ex-86er makes his comeback after 6 months off, there will be no room. What about Alec Baldwin? His hair will be consistently out of bounds, and he will be gutted. What if some NSCLers get cancelled (quite likely) and come down to watch the game, where are they going to stand? Are they going to have to purchase Ultra-Suede jackets, a Killarney CD, and get a suite at the International Plaza with a balcony with an eastern exposure? Can you not get a real field this weekend? Or next weekend? Do we need a size 3 ball?

As my friend Coach would say:

COME ON MAN...!!!!!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norgate... who even knew it was still around...

Everyone was complaining about Wickham's advantage on Griffin, so Bobby thought that out of fairness he should level the playing field a bit. Let's face it, this is more like it for early New Year's games when width is an issue (there are a few guys on WVFC that I would suggest avoiding airport washrooms), you can put the Dancing Bear and Eagles in the middle of the park and use the bear cubs in the mini-goals -- mix it up a little. If Gino hadn't already threatened my life, I would sign just to tee up shots off the goal kicks. It might be a classic...

Antons... give me strength... who invited those guys to our thread -- is $$$man on holidays?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Coleman, traditionally, we have really stuggled up at Griffin.

Gino..! Now there is a name of a childhood friend! Classic!

But don't mind the Valley people, they are not us.

Again, Norgate?

Seriously.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why, oh why, is my opinion and expertise only put to good use on culinary questions? :D

And it better not be Anton's on Hastings you're talking about here in the 'wannabe' category.
Because, the portions are, well, divine to say the least...

Sorry Regs I cannot resist ... RF WTF are you doing at a restaurant that is not a drivethru ?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK....does Hose actually play:confused:...or does he just stand on the sideline holding the flag and shout verbal abuse at both teams...us because we kick something other than the ball..accidentally of course:rolleyes:...and at his own team..due to them not scoring on all the chances or not making passes or not running hard enough or or or......??:D

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Killarney CD? There's recordings of us in existence? Now that's truly frightening...:eek:

Colemanj:

If I had to count the number of times Gino threatened me when we were even on the same team I'd run out of fingers and toes (even before he runs out of thumbs).:D Then again, I don't think we ever both within proximity of the same pitch without both of us being inebriated, so I can't remember the number of times I threatened him either (possibly also at a place that might have resembled Sergio's).

Scotty:

My daemonspawn are willing to sell you some of SCK's Christmas lights to throw at Hose... I've told them several times that it's not nice to throw things at people, and to leave his hub caps alone, but boys will be boys, and this is East Van...

BTW what's wrong with Anton's? That's the only way I can afford to take the Daemonspawn out for an "Italian" meal...

Sir M:

We have a bye this week, so I will see about coming by the postage-stamp to set up an ultra-suede concession for you. I believe the International Plaza has all been converted to apartments now, and even Odyssey's has closed... heck, even the Av isn't the same anymore. What's a lad to do? No Whimpers or the Big O either - next thing you know, they'll be cutting down tree forts...

King of Suedes,

Trece

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Futbol - why not use Hose to syphon for you - it appears he's a bag of wind .... maybe RF can put him to good use on the bagpipes.

Easy there big fella. your first run on the park Sunday, your calf nearly exploded. Did you get that tire fixed. I know a good mechanic.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece v.. Please, no more talk of cutting down tree forts. I just spent half the money from last weeks bottle exchange to rid the spare room of the intruding Pine Beetle.

Now seriously, Norgate LOL! I didn't know it had posts. The last game I saw there was The NS Puffins against Dave Buck Ford where Graham Alexander Hit for the cycle and Dave Duplussie was catching and George Nangle threw a 3 hit shut out. The post game pints were at Tugs, because Daddy Long Legs was under renovations. Jay P. and Leonard were collecting Gift bags in exchange for cover charge. Other memorable games there included Glen Suter playing football in the GSL starring on Offense and defense, actually each team only had 12 players. That is not to be over shadowed by the heated cricket matches Norgate used to host, starring Dazza. Actually he never played he just suited up in the all white, to full fill his life long dream of being a nurse. After seeing him playing in the FVSL, Dazza, I think you finally achieved it.
I can't see this game being played; but if it is on, this will be well worth the trip down Cap road for the laugh. Might be a race to the field to see who gets the dugout down the first base line for their change room. I am sure the dancing Bear and Eagle will prefer the batting cage so they are able to stand up straight without hitting their heads.

When is the last time a vmsl premier game or masters premier game was played at this park? ( I use the term lightly) Eagles can you get me a deal on some salmon if I show up?

Hi, Mrs Lupoman :D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Futbol...what are you doing lurking on here this time of the morning? Are you not at work....what a minute...that's why you're here...haha!

Cheers!

kingR

Apr 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose? it's not the mechanic you should hold near and dear... possibly an orthopedic/plastic surgeon. Advice or ridicule, from someone the size of my dump this morning, is taken with great reverence. See you on Friday.:D

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece... Gino Vazzoller inebriated around parks?... must be a different Gino... maybe the one who's dad used to scream "shoot Gino" every time he touched the ball.

Speaking of the threatening of breaking appendages and Sergios, Zanatta threatens to make a return to action this Thursday night, do they make solid steel shin pads? Trece, if you see me down on the next field you will give me a ride back to LGH, right.

Daddy Long Legs... wow... that was a cool place to hang. No ultra-suede, but I had a velour jumpsuit -- now that may have been the root of all my problems...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, it was actually Gino Clemente I was thinking of...:D

Sure, you can have my old bed at LGH, and I'll give you a ride back if you promise to leave the velour jumpsuit somewhere else, like the treefort. Some things are even worth breaking the no-burning bylaws for...

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0