Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 December/January Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters 2007-2008 December Results and Banter

I wasn't out, I've been flat on my back for the last 3 days trying to shake a lung thing that's been bugging me for the last 6 months or so on and off but really bad for the last 10 days...I dream of the days when I was chasing you down with the 12YO in tow! Tell you what, I'll meet you for a donut this week around the Cambie station when I get my wind.

Great result for both teams today and our "other" CAT team, the Bulldogs too. Reading the emails leading up to today and hearing my messages this afternoon after I got my cel recharged, I would have thought we were close to defaulting both!

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Question on the whole CAT issue currently rearing it's head again.
Can any of the Westside teams be relegated or promoted?? If the Premier team was relegated and the Div. 2 team promoted, we would have 3 Westside team in Div.1.

That's almost 1/3 of the league right now.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

DV:

The team could be promoted, but you'd have to stay where you are.

:D

Steve:

Clubs using the CAT system in over 35:

Westside A/Bulldogs/B
Cliff Ave A/B
PCOV A/Lusitanos/B
Inter/22nd Ave
SFU Royals/United
Metro Ford Wolves/Ajax (not sure about these guys...)

Open clubs with an over 35 team:

Cliff Ave
Columbus
Metro Ford
Inter
PCOV
Sapperton
Surrey Utd
VFF
West Van
Westside
Wickham
Alemania
Lomas
Idiots
Shaheen
Bombastic
Romania
Lobbans
C-men

Just a few. Only one Premier team (Cracovia) is trying to go it solo.

J:

Still into the TTP Thursday night epic voyage? I need a travelling companion...

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

From the nether reaches:

Spurz 3 CAI 0. Could conceivably been about 8-0 but their keepers (yes plural) and our lack of finish held them in.

Will I be able to get my bottom feeders up to the next level? Time will tell. One of these years we intend to crack the Most Excellent Rankings...:D

No, I'm not delusional, there's just too much rum in the Christmas pudding...

Trece

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece,

With your score coming in to late for this week's SMEPRs, it could count towards the next rankings. With Metro Ford needing a break and Nordic apparently broken; I would think that the possibility is there squeeze in... bribery might be an option.

Thursday would be nice, but it is the last training/dinner/TTP session before Christmas, and with no plink session planned in Langley will probably just linger over limoncello at La Villette (that is if they have replaced their inventory after running out at the Christmas party Saturday night!)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece, I was playing at the same time as you guys on the West field.

I looked over and noticed the fancy Spurz jerseys, but alas, no signs of you.

I would have come over and shot the breeze after the game had I known you were there.

Give me a few more years, and you may see me in a Spurz jersey all year long....scary as that sounds.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Just a few. Only one Premier team (Cracovia) is trying to go it solo"

Yes, and apparently it is not working...They showed up yesterday with eight guys....
SCK

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Earlier this year we played PCOV and one of the players slags us for getting relegated from the premeir last year. Says he plays there. Then we see him a couple of weeks later playing for the div 3 PCOV B's. This is where it becomes a bit of a joke. A premier player playing in div 3. To be honest he did not look out of place.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps:

Not so scary at all; we'd gladly welcome you over to the dark side year-round. Or very round, as Dave is getting.

I was most definitely there. Missed part of the first half due to work, but there for the remainder, camped out in the middle of the back. Surprisingly, since most people say I'm far too loud for my own good:D, and it's hard to miss my ugly #13... Ask Gavin, he says he's going deaf from having to play with me in the middle. Seriously.

You should have come over. Most of the rest of the summer boys are out with us (Tommy included). The only old farts missing are the Dumpster Diver and his friends, who have defected to MF Earwax, and Taterheed who still thinks he's young enough (and has nice enough hair) to play with the young'uns and fcsushibarbytca.

Steve: that's one of the issues with the system. Seriously though, how many of their premier guys are going to want to play with the 3rd team? Except maybe for Lapa or SCP, and we'd kick them again just for missing so many of our summer league games...:D How would you propose to fix this system?

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

J:

Enjoy your limoncello; I'll just have to kick you on Saturday.:p

I'll be out for the Christmas plink with some freshly bottled bock (how seasonal is that?), regardless of what la Señora has planned for me. Futbol (no, not that FVSL doofus) comes first, and she owes me several...

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

With the Cracks losing 8-0 the other day I would be surprised if we play them next game...Something should be done about these teams that move up to Premier then go back down again. They may not even finish the season I hear. RU is another example...
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cut it back to ten teams in Premier, and one side only. Top 4 get spots in the BCs, and then the 4semifinalists in the league cup get the other spots in the BCs. (Div 1 teams allowed to compete in the league cup). Two up and two down each year.

PS The fact that a team like Inter did not qualify for the BCs last year (maybe Sapp too? I cannot remember) is ridiculous.

Not rocket science, at all.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

With the Cracks losing 8-0 the other day I would be surprised if we play them next game...Something should be done about these teams that move up to Premier then go back down again. They may not even finish the season I hear. RU is another example...
SCK

Take II - ignore the first - a quick beer does wonders for hindsight!

SCK - Perhaps you should talk to the league as I believe (and I have been wrong before!) both clubs that you mention finished 3rd or 4th during the regular season and were asked to go up rather than being promoted by right - certainly as a tester we beet Crac convincingly in the cup last year during our relegation and their so called promtion year.

Sir M - Maybe we are special but is there any other country in the world that has two divisions for any league for any other reason than to mitigate travel costs which surely isn't a facor in the Lower Mainland?

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

We don't we just amalgamate the VMSL the Island Teams (call the new league "VMSLIT" for no other reason than it sounds good) then we can have a few road trips to the Island each year ... I am sure a few lawyers would love to see that ..

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Quote: PS The fact that a team like Inter did not qualify for the BCs last year (maybe Sapp too? I cannot remember) is ridiculous.

Speak for yourself!

I have that on my Christmas wish list again this year............................Sorry SCK and WAB

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good team building dinner tonight for us...Saw a few Columbus boys as well. I think they are on a diet though....Hoping for a great start to a new year against the Cracks in January. You are on my Christmas list too Hose!! Cheers.
SCK

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Where do you young guys go? We didn't get pasta or salad with our Christmas dinner, there is growing dissatisfaction with our regular hang-out. Maybe one Thursday night we will try something new.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Where do you young guys go? We didn't get pasta or salad with our Christmas dinner, there is growing dissatisfaction with our regular hang-out. Maybe one Thursday night we will try something new.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anduccis in N. Burnaby. Decent food and good company...not bad birds as well...You won't see Sir M. there though...
SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0