Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 December/January Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters 2007-2008 December Results and Banter

Freddy said:
Sounds like it was a cold weekend. It was a little warmer here . . .

What about this one...

Attachments

• Cronica1.jpg
    Cronica1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 141

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK said that you would never see Hose in a wall ....

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter is having there Christmas and Year End party tonight at Gourmet Castle. SCK is a lock for MVP this year and Golden Boot award for his club again.
Congrats!
Yours Truly

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your right Taxman. He does not have the BALLS for it! I think the onein the middle is too cute for him though....

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Open question for all masters league's. How many teams that have masters premier teams and masters div 1 or 2 teams float players back and forth?

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here you go Taxman enjoy a little christmas cheer FVSL style.

Twas the night before before Christmas, as I made my
Final TTP posts
Not a creature was stirring, not even Phatanslow
The beers were stacked in the fridge with care
In hopes of Rangerforever soon would be there

The strippers were nestled all snug in there beds
With visions of spending $$$MANS money danced through there heads
And Sir M drinking Cognac and Taxman drinking Guiness on tap
We were reminiscing of all the 2007 TTP crap

When out in my driveway, there arose such a clatter
I sprang from the bar to see what’s the matter
Away to the window, I strained to see
Couldn’t make it to the bathroom so out the window I did pee

The moon on the breast of the peed upon snow
I had written my name two stories below
But, what to my blood shot eyes should appear
A van full of TTP posters drinking Old Style beer

With a little old driver, so lively and quick
Taxman said hey I know that Prick
More belligerent then Coach his curses they came
As he whistled and shouted and called them by name:

Now Scottyshell! Now Ballbaby
Now Whistleblower, and Dude
On , Coach ! On Blaze Army!
Hands of Stone why you so rude
To the top of the porch!
He stumbled into every wall
Now fcuk off! Fcuk off!
Fcuk off to all!

As the dry leaves out in the valley they do fly
When you run into a roadblock make sure that you lie!
So out to the Estates of $$$MAN they flew,
A van full of drunks, and Rangerforever too.

And then in a twinkling I heard on the roof
The dancing and singing of some one aloof
As I drew in my head and was turning around
Down the chimney Rangerforever came with a mighty bound.

He was all dressed in fur, from his head to his foot,
He was wearing the Sihks teams tracksuit and taking a toot
A bundle full of empties he had flung on his back,
He looked like a crackhead on East Hastings opening his pack.

His eyes how they twinkled! His head not so hairy!
His cheeks were like roses, he wished he could play just like Barry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow
For he just realized in his drunken stupor he was eating yellow snow!
The stump of a joint he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a broad face and a little round belly
That shook when he ran, like a bowl full of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a jolly old elf
I laughed when I saw him , reminded me of myself.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
He cleaned out the buffet even the bread

He spoke not a word , but went straight to his work,
And stole the rest of the beers, what a fcuking jerk
And giving me the middle finger from the side of his nose
And giving a nod off the couch when he rose.

He sprang to his van, to his team he gave a whistle
Away from the $$$MAN Estates they drove down thistle.
But I heard him exclaim,’ere he drove out of sight,

“Happy Christmas to all, and GEU Thunder your all right!”

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Very nice $$man - however, I never drink Guiness as it is too filling and turns you into Rangerforever ... Stella is much less filling along with any high quality rum......

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside does...
Whats the point. Having your premier guys help your div2 team get promoted. What happens next year? Do you increase the mix to ensure they stay up?

Is this one of the "cat" loopholes that should be closed? Playing some teams for the second time now and running into vastly different teams from the first time out. Teams with this kind of system must very rarely face the drop. How fair do people think this is?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whats the point. Having your premier guys help your div2 team get promoted. What happens next year? Do you increase the mix to ensure they stay up?

Is this one of the "cat" loopholes that should be closed? Playing some teams for the second time now and running into vastly different teams from the first time out. Teams with this kind of system must very rarely face the drop. How fair do people think this is?

Steve - well, I don't know what to say, but that's the name of the game. Our A team borrows from the B team more than visa versa. The real plan and hope is that an 040 premiere league starts up as the average age on the B team is about 45 at least. The B-boys can and are winning their league on their own. With very few exceptions, we play on the same day and often in different places. But, when the A team is short, we poach people we need to ensure we are covered.

As for playing the same team twice and having a different experience, try premiere (I think you are Div 1, right?) - that is the name of the game - injuries, work schedules and life change the line up week to week. If you want to play and stay there, you either better be young, talented and mostly healthy (Cliff Ave this year), or be like a lot of the old teams up there - talented and old, with some capabilities to pull up as needed in the CAT system. :cool:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I say level the playing ifield - over 35 is over 35 those that are old enough will join - those that aren't don't need to be weened onto the team to see that there is life after 35. The trouble is there is a ten year period where video games became popular and killed the talent pool. If you get a good over 40 league going now the over 35 could revert back to over 30 and make the system that much better.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 5 MF 0

I didn't think we'd play a depleted team like MF today. They had barely enough bodies and were not ready to play...We didn't even play the full ninety....Big M. called it twenty in the second half. For once we finished our dinner early. I think it was 5-0 twenty five in.
Hose: I even scored a few for you today. Merry Christmas to you!! Not to be outdone by Columbus though who were playjng Cracovia after. I think the Polish side had SEVEN bodies....Not sure why they were still playing.... They even asked us for a few bodies. Enjoy the holidays everyone and stay heatlhy!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus 8 Cracks 0

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 5 West Van 2. We actually had a 2-1 lead with 30 minutes to go, but, understaffed this week, ran out of gas. Once again, Merkl was unbelieveable, and Westside finished every chance they had. If they can get that lineup out consistently, with that many subs, they can easily win it all.

Quote of the the day: One of our players who is ESL gets called for yelling "leave it" by the Eastern European (not big M the other one) ref, twice. Our player tells him that FIFA changed the rule last week, and told him that he should stay up to date on his emails. The ref bought it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did not see the game, but believe that it was Sapperton 2 - Wickham 0.

Buon Natale!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

As Freddy stated above, we were looking to set up an O-40 team originally (last year) and since then we have moved up to second division as a league placement rather than getting promoted because CAT teams can't get promoted.

We only have about 13 or 14 guys actually signed on our B team and the rest of the 40 some-odd guys on the A/B roster are on A team cards as theirs is the more "involved" schedule with many more cup opportunities (as long as they compete well).

So we (the B team) often have guys with A cards playing for us who had intentions of playing 2nd div all along but have made themselves available for cup runs by signing with the Premier guys by a club decision to keep the A team as competitive as possible.

It has happened that some of the better A guys have played with us as well because of work conflicts or what have you and the teams we have played against have had guys whine about it a bit.

Is it fair? I don't think the A guys were huge factors in the games but they are premier level players playing in the second division. This issue and the ensuing complaints from non-CAT teams is why there are CAT divisions in the open league (which, in my opinion, has screwed up the league considerably).

The whole CAT topic is complicated: the original thought in the open league was to promote club organizations (like it was back in the homeland). And it certainly has benefited the clubs that were already established. But have any clubs actually formed since the CAT system came into play (I ask that question without knowing the answer)?

Look at the state of the U-21 league where you would think the CAT clubs would be pouring their efforts into, not many clubs with Premier teams there. For that matter there are a lot of open Premier teams who don't have div 1 CAT teams either. Does it screw up the O-35 league? I don't know but it certainly helps us make sure all our guys get a good run in every week and that's what it's about, right?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 5 West Van 2.

I believe that puts us 1 point away from ensuring we aren't relegated. That is still just bizarre that we can be in 6th place overall and still be a relegation situation as well as contending for top 3-4 overall. It has been a year of anyone can beat anyone, even the mighty Sapperton who everyone owes points to ;).

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter were you out at Hillcrest today? If you were I am disappointed to not have a Christmas nip with you. What was going on with the other team's goaltender, the little guy with the mullet, huge black eye, moustache and the fonzie leather jacket warming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0