Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Scot

Jun 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters Sept/Oct

BMR, nice way to start the campaign? May not be the Ranger's, but I'm sure the VMSL boys will welcome the machine in style? Good luck to you boys as the Sunday trips to the Shore will be nice!!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for the update on Sir M Antifan (tool) .
My Predictions:

Sapp. - SCP in goal:eek:
Columbus - Trevor Jones debut
Metro Ford
Surrey - sure hands Pavan in goal:confused:
Firefighters
Wickham

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey True Scot...No BRM in the VMSL this year...only Surrey United...the real machine was in Cincinnati with Tony Perez,Pete(I'll bet on that) Rose and Johnny Bench..to name a few...they're just Surrey til they've proved themselves in the VMSL...THEN and ONLY then will they be the LRM.

Cheers!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

pcov 2 sapp 2

play well to win but not good enough...sapp tied the game with 2 minutes left with a pk...fonseca scored a cracker off a free kick just outside the box in the first half and he also setup the 2nd goal...paul favaro was impressive in his debut for sapp...

hose...it doesn't seem you have a lot of friends...you should be nice to people and remember it's only game...

cheers

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

TS: Nice way to start what?? Hastings Bowl looks great. Now if they could only figure out the changerooms. SU, should note they may not have the shower facilities all by themselves...

Hose: BTW, its RZ in net as well. I wonder who you guys have??

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK said:
TS: Hastings Bowl looks great. Now if they could only figure out the changerooms. SU, should note they may not have the shower facilities all by themselves...

QUOTE]

ok but please don't ask to share my towel.:rolleyes:
For us rookies on the tour we're hoping for a consistent hot shower and dry place to have a pint...hopefully the vmsl can meet the high standards we have been used to in the bountiful valley.:D...more at 11.
I'm Inter-ested to see how we'll match up....almost all of the guys are returning + a couple new guys (skip being one.)
...probably a little older than some teams but our off-season conditioning coach (Jordy) inspired all of us.:)
Ballbaby made the cover of this year's Who would you pick to be your master? SU edition ask him for signed copies for your wives..but make sure you show him a picture so he can be more personal and make the appropriate fantasizing comments expected from a SU poster boy. Zidane is even asking for a copy for his sister. :D

hot showers, cold pints, competitive football...no injuries :cool:

Aves

Attachments

• bbaby.gif
    bbaby.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 92

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

sir m...where's the post match comments.....you still in portland with shakira???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've heard that Sir M has scooped Reedy, Ollie and Stevie Mac for the old boys... quality.

2-1 Metro-ford over WVPEG... first mild upset of the year?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 0 Surrey United( I think that's what they're called) 2

First half, United took much of the play. Could be to our lack of training I think. They've got a good group of guys who can play with the ball. We had a few opportunities as well but didn't finish them..

Second half a defensive miscue(unusual for our defender) left alone MM who obviously can finish. 1-0. Second one was an OG from our guy to make it 2-0.

We'll have to work on our fitness as we really lacked any real movement today.

Welcome to our league guys. We'll have to work on the one dressing room though....

SCK

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK - you can just call us BRM.

:D

Pretty much how I saw it as well, though I thought the first half was a battle with us maybe taking it to you for the first 5-10 minutes... someone tell Freddy there is no sprinting in Masters :eek:

Beauty day to have pints next to Playland and discuss the merits of the hellavator and foreskin ride. Beats cow-tipping any day :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was a great day for a game. I really enjoyed the game. Some hard tackles from both sides but very respectable all around. Inter will get better as season progresses. I saw some of their guys introducing themselves to one another before the game.

Nice to have a plethora of people fighting over our empties after the game. The winner was the lady in the BMW. No kidding.:eek:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's how she is able to drive a BMW.

Spotted SFU a one goal lead at half although we missed a few chances early...Second half...well..what can I say...final FF over SFU 7-2 and could've been more..for us. Two 3 goal performances from new man Andy M. and yours truly with Chuck rounding out the scoring for us. They just ran out of gas but their two goals were very well struck balls. Nice way to start the season knowing games will just get harder...now to just keep guys healthy for the Westerns.

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
I've heard that Sir M has scooped Reedy, Ollie and Stevie Mac for the old boys... quality.

2-1 Metro-ford over WVPEG... first mild upset of the year?

You are correct Regs...

Sir M wasn't at the game, but does know that a/m three did not play this week (along with some 13 others)...will leave to JAGS to report...

Congrats to all winners in week one...lookinf forward to week two...

PS if you are planning to go to a bar in Portland called Bonanza (or something like that) dancing when you are really hammered with a bunch of birds from the girls team, be advised that it is a gay bar, and vodka/red bull is $7.50 USD.

Rankings will be up in a couple weeks...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Balls:

welcome to Vancouver's east side, where the can ladies drive bimmers, and a park with two fields has only 2 change rooms...:rolleyes:

Personally, I still blame SCP...:D

Trece

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

will leave to JAGS to report...

With Sir M/Shakira out of town dancing up a storm at a alternative lifestyle bar in Portland (not that there is anything wrong with that), JAGS was given the duties of interim Gaffer of WVFC in Week 1. The first sign that the planets were not aligned for us on this night was my poor selection of Seymours Pub as our meeting place. Meet time was 6:15pm, but Spada decided to get a jump on things, so he and Dickens met there at 4:15pm to ensure that they were adequately hydrated. Phone call #1 from an unnamed player, but it is very close to Len Sharris ...... "JR, I might be a little bit late, I cannot find any clean underwear for after the match tonight. Do women at the John B Pub really care about clean underwear?" 65 minutes into the drive out, phone call #2 from Big Mario who is at the park "JR, should I be worried that it is 5 minutes before kickoff and I'm the only player here." We honestly arrive at the pitch at 7:25pm, after being in traffic for 70 minutes. After a 5 minute stretch, and a few arm farts, we were ready to start off the 2006/2007 Winter campaign in style. Phone call #3 from D-Man "JR, I am still at work, but should be there by half" (he actually never arrived). So, we have 12 players to start the game and 2 of them are goalies. Now onto the game ......... Strangely enough, we started a touch slow and had a tough time getting a feel for the ball and our legs under us. 10 minutes in, we take a corner, but fail to wait for Bro to join us in the goal area. He is behind the net after chasing the ball for our quick corner.:confused: :confused: I know he is talented, but tough to score from behind the net. We lose possession on the corner and Metro Ford had a 3 on 2 counter attack. Planks makes a great save, ball bounces around for a bit to new Metro Ford signing Frank F., who slots it nicely inside the post. We equalize 10 minutes later, when young Dickens undressed their R back quicker than he used to pick up a bird at Buffalo Bills in the mid 90's (recently married, so does not do that anymore). Sends a nice cross to Bro (who this time is on the correct side of the net) who heads one home. 1 - 1 and we are playing a touch better. 10 minutes later, a carbon copy goal by Fiddler again. 2 - 1 at the half. At the half, a few hamstrings ready to blow, so we put Big Mario in net and pull out the secrect weapon of Planks (who has never played out in his life) and slot him in at Centre Mid with 30 minutes left. We carried the play in the 2nd half, but could not score. Joe Billy given the Red by Miro for tell him (and with no profanity, I might add) that he thought this level of a game was a bit above him and might want to consider dropping down to a 2nd Div or U12 game. Final score 2-1 and there goes our undefeated season ending our streak of zero in a row. Few pints afterwards in the closet of a changeroom out at Mundy. The pitch at Mundy is giant, but they need to use more than 3 40watt bulbs at the south end of the field. Overall, I did not think we played that bad, just did not get the bounces that we hoped might give us the away tie. Onto Richmond next week for our home opener. Hopefully a few more bodies next week and Sir M back in charge.

JAGS

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

jags: wow!!! we are schedule to play your team a week from friday at burnaby lake at 8pm. if your team needs a meeting place to car pool, your more the welcome to meet at our club around 1pm in the afternoon. this way your team will be well hydrated and i will even thrown in a couple dozen bifana sandwiches. let brolly know that we have speakers at club in case he wants to speaker dance. let me know if this work's for you because i will need to hire extra security in case sir m brings some bonanza friends with him...

cheers

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

The a/m Andy M. sent a shiver up my spine...

Like Sir M, down south dancing for the weekend -- downtown in San Fran so guard was up and wallet was emptied.

Unfortunately no Jags to report for the Wickham tilt, but assume that 13 players probably missing as well -- the lineups at Starbucks always give us problems on Sunday mornings. Any lurkers out there see the game? Trying to decide between Whitecaps or Wickham Friday night...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Week two Masters Prem predictions (please note these are NOT the official picks of Power Rankings staff:

SU at Wickham: SU

PCOV at Metro Ford: tie

Westside at VFF: VFF

Columbus at Sapperton: Columbus

Richmond U at WVan: WV

Inter at SFU...Inter

MOTW: the replay of the BC final...hopefully a better game this time around...

PS from the rumour mill...would not be surprised to see SU adding a 34 yr old striker who banged in 6 (goals) in the North American Police championships tournament in Portland on the weekend in the near future...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M said:
Week two Masters Prem predictions (please note these are NOT the official picks of Power Rankings staff:

SU at Wickham: SU

PCOV at Metro Ford: tie

Westside at VFF: VFF

Columbus at Sapperton: Columbus

Richmond U at WVan: WV

Inter at SFU...Inter

MOTW: the replay of the BC final...hopefully a better game this time around...

PS from the rumour mill...would not be surprised to see SU adding a 34 yr old striker who banged in 6 (goals) in the North American Police championships tournament in Portland on the weekend in the near future...

Sir M,

Did you mean to say SFU or SU? You have me intrigued. You have a knack for that.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0