Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
;) Hey Angryman,

Thanks for the dismal projected point total. Since we're half way there already, do you care to change it? Forget it, we like the skepticism (as Oggy has said, it's good for motivation). Since you're an ex-player with the club maybe you'd like to come and watch one of our games. We have speed, skill, and good passing (it didn't show in the first three games but has in the last two). Who knows, you might find yourself entertained. Hell, you might even find yourself cheering for us. At the very least you'd know what the fcuk you were talking about when you make your silly predictions. :)
Don't hate, participate.

I'd like nothing more than a couple of my oldest friend's team to have a decent year- it would be the first in a long time. Thanks for waiting so long to get some talent, cause it didn't make any difference when I left. :) Not to mention that most predictions on this site make it look that nobody has any idea what the fcuk they are talking about
:p
I will stick to my prediction and when you prove me wrong I'll buy the beer( for you only...I know your fcking team) How's that for a wee bit o' motivation.
When I'm on your sideline I would always cheer for you guys as I was one.

And I don't hate..it's a waste of time. This is TTP. Ask Fletch-the biggest ptaker I've ever known.

Unless this is Fletch......hmmmn :eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman said:
I will stick to my prediction and when you prove me wrong I'll buy the beer( for you only...I know your fcking team)
Obviously not well enough, though. The C-Men are paid off with dope, not beer. :p

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Obviously not well enough, though. The C-Men are paid off with dope, not beer. :p

I can't afford their dope intake per man-hell I can barely afford their beer intake per man and that's why I'm clinging to the prediction ;)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
I'd have to agree with you on PCOV and also add Bombastic to the list after seeing Kosova take them apart on Saturday. There is already a bit of a gap opening up between the top three and the rest of the pack, and the Kosova-Punjab match this weekend will probably largely determine the way things will go from here on. If Kosova can take some points of Punjab and bring them down to earth, it will make for a very interesting season. However, if Punjab roll over them it'll be very difficult for anyone to catch them.
As for Yaletown, we've been able to keep our heads, move the ball around, and win matches 1-0 like yesterday. It would be good if we could bring our goals-for average up, but as long as the defense stays solid one or two goals will always be enough. Our most immediate concern will be not to shite the bed against MacDonald next weekend. We fielded a skeleton crew against them last spring and barely squeezed out a 2-1 win, so we know not to be overconfident. They've picked up a couple of good players and definitely aren't the pushovers they were last year. That being said, we won't let them be the first team to come downtown and steal points from the Latte Boyz :wa:
I think Dismantle is a bit harsh. We were not at our best and certainly did nto deserve to win but it was 3-2 with 12 mins to go when we displayed some poor defensive play and found ourselves down 4-2. Next game with the full back line it coudl be different!

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman said:
I'd like nothing more than a couple of my oldest friend's team to have a decent year- it would be the first in a long time. Thanks for waiting so long to get some talent, cause it didn't make any difference when I left. :) Not to mention that most predictions on this site make it look that nobody has any idea what the fcuk they are talking about
:p
I will stick to my prediction and when you prove me wrong I'll buy the beer( for you only...I know your fcking team) How's that for a wee bit o' motivation.
When I'm on your sideline I would always cheer for you guys as I was one.

And I don't hate..it's a waste of time. This is TTP. Ask Fletch-the biggest ptaker I've ever known.

Unless this is Fletch......hmmmn :eek:

No, not Fletch, but a like-minded person who enjoys many of the same pastimes, such as soccer, beer, etc. (minus the nudist thing).
I'm new to the club this year along with about a half dozen others and we're building a decent team - had a rough start but are showing improvement. Look at our goals against - steady drop since the first game. Looking forward to adding to our first win and perhaps having some brews with you sometime this year. As you know, the selection in our cooler is second to none! Cheers.

Oh, and say hi to your keeper (we played on the same summer league team). ;)

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 6 Richmond 0

Glad to break the streak of 7 consecutive ties with Richmond. After we socred the first the game opened up and Richmond gave us huge space. Good clean game.

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Nk did alright for the win, however giving the team the thought that we can be beaten will bite us in the ass if we dont come more prepared.

On a different topic i'd like to adress Erion, a good soccer player sure,good person sure, good teammate i guess, but running your mouth about your team and ur goals...PLEASE 10 goals 5 games good for you i know plenty players who are better than you. Furthermore score all the goals you can now because when you play teams who know soccer (NK) your a$$ is not scoring.

So let me SLOW_IT_DOWN for you, you may have 10, and im sure you'll get more but talk the trash around here i'll smack you to the floor.

But other than that good luck :)

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hawkeye said:
Kosova is looking stronger and stonger.
I can't really argue with that, although they've been working their way through the bottom of the table with the teams they've played.
hawkeye said:
Look for them to beat SPH.
Personally, I'd love to see Kosova win or draw, but it's just not gonna happen unless Punjab fail to show up. We played both those sides on successive weekends, and they're worlds apart. That said, this will give Erion a chance to test himself against a real defense rather than a real Macdonald. :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay, thanks for the game report. Nice way to win, but quite a kick-in-the-nuts for the Dust Devils. I'm sure they'll pick themselves up, sacrifice some chickens and be back to winning ways this week though.

This week's Division 2 match of the week would appear to be the Hurricanes v. Kosova. But I was riding by David Lam on my tricycle while training for the Downtown Eastside Triathlon (running from the cops, shooting up and biking after stealing one) and caught a good portion of the Bombastic/Kosova matchup. Even with Goldenballs' (hi Erion!) wondergoals I can't imagine Kosova winning the game. I could, however, imagine their fans setting a new world griping record.

This week's other interesting game (to me, and I'm obviously all that really matters anyway) is the NKH/JB matchup. Historically speaking, the JB's have owned the 'little train that couldn't'. This year appears different but I'm betting it will still be a battle. One particular matchup to watch is the Mickster/Watcher encounter. Can two asses that big really fit on one field?

In 2A, Belmont v. Aryana looks like it might be a good tilt. I have no idea what, who, where or when Aryana is though so I think I'll leave it at that.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
I can't really argue with that, although they've been working their way through the bottom of the table with the teams they've played. Personally, I'd love to see Kosova win or draw, but it's just not gonna happen unless Punjab fail to show up. We played both those sides on successive weekends, and they're worlds apart. That said, this will give Erion a chance to test himself against a real defense rather than a real Macdonald. :D
I watched and played in 20 minutes of the Kosova BFC match and there is no way kosova will beat SPH unless there is an ambush on the way to the match and only 7 manage to show up to the match.....and one of the 7 is not a keeper.

Here is my prediction. 15 minutes in Kosova are down 1-0. 5 minutes later it is 2-0 and all of a sudden there is a war going on in the Kosova back end. By the time the war is over......4-0. SPH big center back shuts down Erion!!!:cool:

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like your dream of BFC winning against us.....
By the way we could lose against Punjab anything happenes the ball is round but we live it untill sunday and see

You ain't getting much playing time lately what's up with that?

But you are pretty good at predictin .........lol just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0