Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the Excellent Site:
C-Men 1-0 Portuguese Club
Congrats to the Loud-Mouthed Striker & Co.
Was he the goalscorer?

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
According to the Excellent Site:
C-Men 1-0 Portuguese Club
Congrats to the Loud-Mouthed Striker & Co.
Was he the goalscorer?
My god-Real gets a point and the Cgoo win...
Sitting here finishing my dinner of crow pie and a fine glass of 2005 shutthe****up...aaahhh the pain...it's so good when it stops ;)

Our B team is the victim of a 5, yes, 5 goal effort from crusty Ralph-the man has finish to burn.
A hat at halftime...comes off, has a dart and goes back on for 2 more... I am in awe....particularly cause he's as old as me :confused:
Must be a record of some sort.
Mustdrinkmorenow
oops I guess this is the wrong thread as this occured in 2cat but...
Congrats Cgoo, I guess....

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
TherapistBonefishandMicksterallcametoplayagameItstartedoffrealeventhenthingsbegantochangeYouseetheydidnothearthewhistleandfaildedtoclearthetracksThisprovedtobequitefatalthedeathofthreeoldhacks
Your rhymes are wickety-whack
Get off the smickety-smack
I would not bet that there won't be some drizzle,
that will lead to an NK fizzle.
There is one thing that TherapistBonefishMickster don't lack
and that is the ability to tear up the tracks.
So beware to all those NK stars,
who think they have come so far!!! :D

Sorry Angryman but I cannot let rickety sleepy trains lie....

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Your rhymes are wickety-whack
Get of the smickety-smack
I would not bet that there won't be some drizzle,
that will lead to an NK fizzle.
There is one thing that TherapistBonefishMickster don't lack
and that is the ability to tear up the tracks.
So beware to all those NK stars,
who think they have come so far!!! :D

Please make it stop....

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sooooooo bonefish wants to playyyyyy!!!!!!
Not bad for a first time rhymer.
The Watcher does expect an improved effort from you the next poem go round.
See you Sunday. Hope your not starring in between the pipes.
Angrywoman...you are posting way to much, get a life!!!!!

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Watcher may have talked first but your #10, the rugbylike player, really stepped in to our youngest star and the Watcher felt he needed to know that this was not acceptable behavior.

Uhh ya that was me!

In my defense it was a sitter of a 50/50 ball in the air and if you keep your head up in the starz then thats' what you'll be seeing.

I respect the talk and the advice after the game for my plantars' fasciitis and my newfound speed from the watcher , however doing the choo choo or whatever the fcuk' not very cool in my camp.

You guys won a closely contested and hard fought battle so leave it at that and don't do your train dance or whatever.

On saturday you were the better team and when we meet next time hopefully we can squeak out a win !

Good luck to all and merry fcuking christmas'

:D :D :D :D
:wa: :bronco: :wa: :bronco: :wa: :bronco:

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably not like the shite fest over at Hamilton today. Both teams played like crap. Romour around the league is that the Rangers in 2CAT are the team to beat. Maybe help out those poor souls on that NK train to hit something on the track and realize the cinderella pipe dream that was lasts years cup run.

Epic you say my friend?

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipe dream? I recall holding the cup in my hands and drinking crystal while boneheads like you were at home (probably holding something else).
...and I guess our first five wins further reinforce your pipe dream claim. . .fcuking tool. Give credit where credit is due.

Don't choke on those sour grapes.

And TR,

It was a close game with lots of sass, piss and vinegar. Not the style that NK prefers to play, but when two of our 'star' players showed up at the half, we quickly righted that ship, er, train. There were some 'awkward' challenges coming from both sides, but that was the nature of that particular game...ugly. I applaud the aggressive nature of your play, as I, a 210 pounder, also like to use my size as an advantage; however, your 50/50 tackle was from the back. But I digress. We'll beat you again.

And who was choo chooing? If an NK player choo chooed on the pitch, I would personally walk up to them and slap 'em. This being said, an NK player was heard saying "Let's get this train rolling." Mind you, this also sounds corny for the soccer pitch and should be reserved for the TTP, but it's not quite 'choo choo.' But whatever you need to pump yourself up for our next match is your business.
:p

Mickster, wear a cup next week. ;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 4
Maplewood 3

Ugly but we'll take the 3 points. GREAT to see the Fury/Signmaster tie (as predicted). Makes the standing much better to look at.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its only been 5 games into the season, but just wondering what others think of what teams have surprised you in terms of achievement and maybe underachievment?
I think the yrs most improved team is Real Macdonald. They already have a couple of points and reduced their GAA considerably. Yaletown is another team that has surprised me. I think they finished middle of the pack last yr and this yr they are in the running for promo. NK is 5-0 as well which surprises me. I haven't seen them play yet, but I' imagining they've added some new players, but good on them regardless. UNDERACHIEVERS: Portugal who is 10 points off the mark, and the Firefighters. Both Div.1 teams who are struggling this year. And the JB's are also in this category: a team that has been making runs at promo the past few yrs, but this year they have started very poorly for their standards. I'm sure theres more, but thats what I came up with so far.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeez, what does it take to get the Primos to post a match report? Saturday Kastro posted a one-line score, followed on Sunday with Teelay adding a second line. So according to the mathematical sequence, today either Big Bird or Vinnie will post the requisite three-line review. My prediction? "Primos 1-Green Devils 0. Goal scored on last play of the game. At Eldon Park."

You know, there are mandatory media obligations you have to fulfill, guys. Give us some information or I'll start telling stories about Vinnie's wife shaving his back before the game to make him run faster. You don't want that do you Vincent?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Its only been 5 games into the season, but just wondering what others think of what teams have surprised you in terms of achievement and maybe underachievment?
I think the yrs most improved team is Real Macdonald. They already have a couple of points and reduced their GAA considerably. Yaletown is another team that has surprised me. I think they finished middle of the pack last yr and this yr they are in the running for promo. NK is 5-0 as well which surprises me. I haven't seen them play yet, but I' imagining they've added some new players, but good on them regardless. UNDERACHIEVERS: Portugal who is 10 points off the mark, and the Firefighters. Both Div.1 teams who are struggling this year. And the JB's are also in this category: a team that has been making runs at promo the past few yrs, but this year they have started very poorly for their standards. I'm sure theres more, but thats what I came up with so far.
I'd have to agree with you on PCOV and also add Bombastic to the list after seeing Kosova take them apart on Saturday. There is already a bit of a gap opening up between the top three and the rest of the pack, and the Kosova-Punjab match this weekend will probably largely determine the way things will go from here on. If Kosova can take some points of Punjab and bring them down to earth, it will make for a very interesting season. However, if Punjab roll over them it'll be very difficult for anyone to catch them.
As for Yaletown, we've been able to keep our heads, move the ball around, and win matches 1-0 like yesterday. It would be good if we could bring our goals-for average up, but as long as the defense stays solid one or two goals will always be enough. Our most immediate concern will be not to shite the bed against MacDonald next weekend. We fielded a skeleton crew against them last spring and barely squeezed out a 2-1 win, so we know not to be overconfident. They've picked up a couple of good players and definitely aren't the pushovers they were last year. That being said, we won't let them be the first team to come downtown and steal points from the Latte Boyz :wa:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
If an NK player choo chooed on the pitch, I would personally walk up to them and slap 'em.
And I hope someone from your team would take the time to clean it up. Nothing sucks more than stepping in choo-choo when you're playing.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
Sooooooo bonefish wants to playyyyyy!!!!!!
Not bad for a first time rhymer.
The Watcher does expect an improved effort from you the next poem go round.
See you Sunday. Hope your not starring in between the pipes.
Angrywoman...you are posting way to much, get a life!!!!!

Hypocrite...what's the matter, am I making waves in the Watcher's toilet bowl.
I have many lives-kiss my ass Splotcher
;)

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
;) Hey Angryman,

Thanks for the dismal projected point total. Since we're half way there already, do you care to change it? Forget it, we like the skepticism (as Oggy has said, it's good for motivation). Since you're an ex-player with the club maybe you'd like to come and watch one of our games. We have speed, skill, and good passing (it didn't show in the first three games but has in the last two). Who knows, you might find yourself entertained. Hell, you might even find yourself cheering for us. At the very least you'd know what the fcuk you were talking about when you make your silly predictions. :)
Don't hate, participate.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman said:
Hypocrite...what's the matter, am I making waves in the Watcher's toilet bowl.
I have many lives-kiss my ass Splotcher
;)

Is that where you spend most of your time?

manager.

choo, choo.....

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok Tater, here you have it - Bonefish could basically sum it up with what he saw by halftime. Neither team played their best - it was chippy at times, especially in the midfield. GD's had a golden opportunity in about the 70th minute, but our keeps made a great save to knock it off the post, and it was subsequently cleared. We scored on a free kick from about 35 yards out when our sweeper knocked a sweet ball to the far post. It was headed off the post by one of our midfielders, and back to Gatts who slotted it. A bit of a melee after the goal - nothing major... ball went back to centre and final whistle as soon as the GDs touched the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0