Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, November, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a field a little further down Clark heading North, right by VCC.

I drive by it on my way to work downtown, and it seems like a decent field, and doesn't seem to be used much.

I think it is China Creek North. Near East 6th and Glen.

Any idea why it doesn't get used????

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is/was a softball diamond in one corner. The pitchers mound is probably still there. Have fun lads.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic A 2: DPR 0
well-deserved W for Bombastic in a close, clean battle that was ultimately won by Bombastic's ability to finish and the lack thereof by DPR. 0-0 at the half with the only solid chances coming off a corner kick in which our big centre-mid hammered one off his head only to go right at the goalie and Bombastic countered later with a low blast 4 feet wide of the post on an 18 yard box scramble.
Second half and we were undone by some nice ball movement by the Bombastic striker and a streaking mid fielder on a give and go and superb finish just inside the post from 12 out. Bombastic's second came minutes later on a defensive error by our sweeper who whiffed on the ball and the big Bombastic striker spun and swung and put one just beyond the reach of our keeper into the net.
That all but sealed the win, and perhaps the league for Bombastic as we were unable to capitalize on numerous chances off corners throughout the game.
Hats off to Bombastic and to a decent pitch which was a bit soggy but a godsend compared to most of the rest of the shite this city has to offer for Div 2 Men's soccer which always seems to get the shaft... Just not on this day as it was a gorgeous day for soccer, just not the result we had hoped for...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 4 - WV 1

Finally the result we've been looking for. After a couple of stinkers versus Bombastic and DPR, we've been slowly building to compete as we know we can, and it went well for us today. Final score not too reflective of the game, and WV may feel a bit slighted, but we did have the better chances and finally capitalized. A 2-1 scoreline would probably have been more accurate. Possession was tilted in our flavour slightly, and we were unlucky not to score in the first 45. WV scored off a duffed corner by our keeps and we scored 4 in the final 35 - the first 2 of which were pretty nice. Nice to get some goals on the board and we made some adjustments at halftime to make them happen.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 goasl fro us today at David Lam. Unfortunately 2 of them were on our own net. 3-2 rangers over yaletown final with us scoring 2 in last 20 minutes for the three points. Ugly game with the first half a bad game of ping pong from d to d. Second half our workrate picked up and we started to actually try and pass the ball and in the end it was enough to get the job done in an ugly game.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 4 - WV 1

Finally the result we've been looking for. After a couple of stinkers versus Bombastic and DPR, we've been slowly building to compete as we know we can, and it went well for us today. Final score not too reflective of the game, and WV may feel a bit slighted, but we did have the better chances and finally capitalized. A 2-1 scoreline would probably have been more accurate. Possession was tilted in our flavour slightly, and we were unlucky not to score in the first 45. WV scored off a duffed corner by our keeps and we scored 4 in the final 35 - the first 2 of which were pretty nice. Nice to get some goals on the board and we made some adjustments at halftime to make them happen.

Well I watched this one from the sidelines today and Teelay was very generous to WV with his comments. PGR had several glorious chances in the first half and it looked like another PGR day with no scoring touch. West Van really created nothing and their one goal was a botched corner by our keeper...who is normally great. The goals we got in the second half were from a better work rate, fitness and just being better than them. Nice to fill the net for once and PGR has been looking much better of late and starting to play a bit. WV has a couple guys who can play...and lost their striker early in the game that hurt them.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 goasl fro us today at David Lam. Unfortunately 2 of them were on our own net. 3-2 rangers over yaletown final with us scoring 2 in last 20 minutes for the three points. Ugly game with the first half a bad game of ping pong from d to d. Second half our workrate picked up and we started to actually try and pass the ball and in the end it was enough to get the job done in an ugly game.
Pretty much sums it up. Really bad control from two teams playing their second games off of turf. It's not surprising that all five goals came from set pieces. Not a great pitch for moving the ball around. Kudos to the Rangers for digging deep at the end and scrambling two goals in the last 15. They knew that a loss would put them in a bad spot, and this result has blown the group wide open again. Should be an interesting second half to the season, especially since we both have to play NK once more. The official was consistent, if not always correct, and it was a clean game by both sides. Ultimately, the Rangers deserved the three points for their effort, and we weren't able to put a legitimate chance in the back of the net due to some very poor finishing.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I watched this one from the sidelines today and Teelay was very generous to WV with his comments. PGR had several glorious chances in the first half and it looked like another PGR day with no scoring touch. West Van really created nothing and their one goal was a botched corner by our keeper...who is normally great. The goals we got in the second half were from a better work rate, fitness and just being better than them. Nice to fill the net for once and PGR has been looking much better of late and starting to play a bit. WV has a couple guys who can play...and lost their striker early in the game that hurt them.

Well I guess I was being diplomatic... West Van does have a couple of guys who can play for sure. The two 6'6" towers (who look like twins) have a very deft touch and can play well and their strikers are pretty solid. Bandcamp, congrats on going 17 for 17 today. Outstanding. :wa: Also, for the record - the ref was brilliant, even though he gave me a yellow card. :eek: I'll take that refereeing every week!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp, congrats on going 17 for 17 today. Outstanding. :wa: Also, for the record - the ref was brilliant, even though he gave me a yellow card. :eek: I'll take that refereeing every week!

Thanks Teelay for sticking to prime numbers. You're a caring, thoughtful and attentive teamate. Ref WAS excellent and also seemed intrigued by me batting 1000 with the flag...he also seemed keen on primes. Strange indeed.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Generally all teams are thrown into a hat and matchups/ draws are picked randomly. A "#1" seed could play a "#1" seed in the first round. Isn't the best system.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 CUP: The last couple of years Group leading teams have been given Bye's through the Prelims.

Preliminary Round - 15-18 games depending on how many teams are entered
Round of 32
Round of 16
Round of 8
Round of 4
Finals
Playoff between 3 and 4th place for entry to the Provinical Cup.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoff between 3 and 4th place for entry to the Provinical Cup.

For the B Cup Provincials are there 3 spots that come from the vmsl and are they all decided in the Div 2 cup???

Does anyone know how the allocations of spots work for the Provincials?

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Yaletown....did you guys win or lose this weekend? I understood from the posts on here that you guys lost but the VMSL website says that you won. It has also published our score incorrectly.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Yaletown....did you guys win or lose this weekend? I understood from the posts on here that you guys lost but the VMSL website says that you won. It has also published our score incorrectly.
Traditionally, it is up to the winning team to call Ruben and point out mistakes...which I've done several times and I'm sure BlazeArmy has already done for yesterday's game.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Traditionally, it is up to the winning team to call Ruben and point out mistakes...which I've done several times and I'm sure BlazeArmy has already done for yesterday's game.

Not yet. Although will be doing today at some point.

Thanks god todays weather didn't hit on the weekend. Tons of postponed games would have happened. Last year this would have hit on thursday, cancelled a ton of games and been nice for monday again.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any idea why NK-PCOV next weekend is already postponed on the Excellent Site? Recent results in 2A mean that PCOV are definitely back in the hunt, and that is a massive game...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re China Creek:

The field is in the part of the park north of VCC and west of Clark. There are no diamonds in the field - they're offset far enough that they don't overlap. My U15's used to share this as a practice field with the Unicorns. It's not in terrible shape, but there are a few sunken sprinkler heads that are good for a potential broken ankle. Mostly used by women's teams; the boys don't play there.

Roos 0 Unicorns 3 - watched this at David Lam after our game until we ran out of beverages. No luck and no finish for the Yellowbellies at all.

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0