Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, November, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of good battles shaping up in all 3 groups as we pull up to mid season. The push will be on to finish strong before the weather turns and winter break...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 tie between PGR and Signmaster. We scored an offside goal in about 65th minute, Signmaster pressed and scored when a defender whiffed on a clearing attempt. We had majority of possession, but Signmaster played a smart game defensively.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'A defender' is still gutted...

The bright news being that PGR starting to play some soccer. Finishing will probably be a problem all year but we're starting to control games.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp,

We all know that will be the first and last major blunder we see coming from you this year. We've all done it before and no doubt it will happen again in some distant future match (O-40's or something). :eek:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone wanting a friendly please send me a message.
Any caliber as we have 2 different teams.
Split ref costs
Field paid for by us (already)
the only bad part of this is the only 2 hour slot available on a constant.
10pm Bby 8rinks turf field 1
We have that spot all year as it is one of our practice times.

You think it sucks to play once,lol,we do it every week,,

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
dpr 2 westvan 1
i wasnt at the game, but heard it was tightly contested with Westvan going up early, dpr tying before half and taking the lead for good mid-way through the 2nd half... should set us up for a great battle with Bombastic next wkd for first overall...

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 3 - NK Hrvat 1

A battle for the top of the group probably shouldn't have been so unequal, but this game was just that. David Lam was about as decent as it gets, and the rain was nice enough to hold off. Give credit to NK, as they picked up the opener about 20 minutes in off of some nice ball shielding and a fortunate bounce that an NK forward pounded in near post. From then on in, it was pretty much YFC's game. We slotted the equalizer about 5 minutes later off of a free kick from about 22 yards that the keeper couldn't quite squeeze after saving a shot off the rebound. Another 18 yard shot was curled into the bottom left corner about 10 minutes after that, and we went into the half up 2-1. The second half was more of the same, with YFC dictating the play and NK trying to mount a counter that never seemed to get past our tight marking. NK missed a glorious chance to equalize with a man wide open from about 9 yards, but he couldn't find goal. We potted our third a few minutes later, after a shot off the post was controlled by our of our forwards and passed by the keeper for an absolute tap-in. After that NK started to really push forward, and got pretty lucky when the ref blew down a 2 on 1 break for Yaletown on the counter when a dog decided to invade the pitch. They got lucky again as a miscue by yours truly and our keeper had the ball end up right on our goal line and was cleared at the last moment.

I think the chances were probably about 12-3 for Yaletown, and NK never really looked very dangerous except when they scored their goal. Their frustration was obvious, especially when one of their attacking players started to pick a fight with one of his own and subsequently proceeded to try to injure anything moving on the pitch including our keeper. The ref was consistent, although he did miss a few calls but equally both ways. The game was mostly pretty clean, although there were a couple of injuries on suspect tackles from both sides.

I can see how NK had trouble with Rangers too, as they didn't bring a physical game anywhere near what I was expecting given all of the 'Train' references here on TTP. I'll be looking forward to the rematch, as I expect they'll be jacked up for that one at their park....:bronco:

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the train from 3 years ago was pretty different, then we moved up to div 1, lost a few and lost some more before this season started....so the train is more like the sky train now these days heh.........as for the game, i didn't really see it much as you guys controling the game, it was pretty even the whole game, the only difference was that you scored on the opportunities given and we didn't, plus we decided that its not important to shoot on your net and instead dribble around the box with our head down hoping for the best. If we seriously want to contest to go back to div.1 that we certainly have some work to do, mind you this was a far better game for us than last week

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
True enough you guys missed your chances, but we missed some beauties as well. You can say that you guys didn't think it was important to shoot, but I'd argue that you didn't get the chance..... we shut down the 18 completely except for the goal you scored and the chance I mentioned from about 9 yards. I suppose you could have taken some 25-yarders, but we all know in Div 2 those don't typically end up in the net.

We definitely controlled the game, as our midfielders had time and space to find open players and we typically weren't losing the ball in the centre of the pitch. We haven't been able to do that consistently, so when you're watching from the back like I was it was easy to see. Possession was probably only with a slight edge for us, but you guys didn't look dangerous when you did have the ball.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it was pretty even the whole game, the only difference was that you scored on the opportunities given and we didn't, plus we decided that its not important to shoot on your net and instead dribble around the box with our head down hoping for the best.
This pretty much sums up NK's troubles today. Their number 22, especially, is a very skilled player who could beat one or two players, but the third or fourth tackle would get him. The pitch was certainly not conducive to pretty passing play, but NK needed to move the ball around more in the final third. At the other end, NK threw everything forward after the third goal, and we had a lot of odd-man rushes that we should've done much better with, including a 6-on-2 surge near the end. However, our control would let us down and we really didn't trouble FCBytca nearly as much as we should have. NK's sweeper was outstanding, and did well to break up several plays where he was outnumbered, although he did have a bit of help from a certain canine ;)
With the exception of the guy who ran our keeper after getting in a shouting match with Watcher, NK were a clean team that went in hard but fair. It was nice to to have to worry about cheap hits after the play. I had my bell rung once near the end (by Mickster?), but he got all ball and I happened to be standing around like a football tackling dummy and deserved it. I'm sure the rematch will be crucial, especially as it is the last game in the return schedule.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BallLicker.....You must be on glue. You guys might have won the game but your version of events is straight out of fantasyland. This promo thing aint over. We were actually marvelling at how unimpressive your lot is. Sure Oggy is a classy guy that has some fine finish and the oriental guy that got hurt is a good player but that is about it. I swear you jerk off in the mirror while you post. Next game you will pay for your insolence.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-lects forfeited the game to us today.

Quite good for me as i am now able to watch the second half of the big game after our cat game.

yoyoyo

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
dpr 2 westvan 1
i wasnt at the game, but heard it was tightly contested with Westvan going up early, dpr tying before half and taking the lead for good mid-way through the 2nd half... should set us up for a great battle with Bombastic next wkd for first overall...

You heard right.....the game was indeed tightly contested. DPR has a sound Defense that doesn't make many mistakes and when they did we couldnt capitalize. We hit the post twice in 10 seconds which would have added to out early lead but it just wasn't meant to be. Look forward to the re-match. It was a very clean game with lil or no fouls.

Manchester09

Oct 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bosna 3 Norvans JB 2

Norvans started with only 9 players for first 20 minutes and scored two very quick goals in the first 10 minutes. Both of the goals looked the same as the keeper kicked them out and got a good bounce on them then it went over defenders head and easily into the goal. After about 25 minutes Norvans got all 11 of there guys on the pitch and Bosna started to pick the game up and basically played the rest of the half in Norvans side. With many chances to come and a few posts hit the first goal came 10 minutes from end of first half.
Long ball was sent down the right hand side and over the defenders head into the 16 with the goalie sliding out and easily put into the corner. A few more chances came but nothing else.

Start of the second half Bosna added another goal 5 minutes from start with some nice playing on the side and a few moves to push Norvans off and the ball was placed in the bottom right corner. The third goal came shortly after this one with sloppy defending in Norvans 16 where bosna had 3 chances and finally capitalized on a slow rolling ball. For the next 25 minutes Norvans did not get many chances if any at all. They finally got there stuff together but a foolish tackle was made in the 16 and allowed Bosna a PK. He shots goalie jumps ( he is a monster) and saves it , no doubt in my mind it was not going in. Last 15 minutes Norvans was all over Bosna with many chances and some free kicks, One ball actually did go in but ref called goalie interference on one of the players. Bosna did not start the game of right but capitalized on there mistakes right away. I must say though that Norvans played a much better game with 9 players then 11.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bosna 3 Norvans JB 2
I won't talk about the field, I will not talk about the ref nor about Bosna. What I will say is that this is a very frustrating year. With 18 guys signed all we could muster for kickoff was 9 guys. We then get 2 goals in 10mins and narrowly miss out on another one. We get our 2 players on the field and then get a 12th before halftime but before that we have one of our mids pull up with a tweaked hamstring. Unfortunately the stronger numbers did not translate into any advantage. Despite the same opposition sitting in front ouf us that we scored 2 quick goals on, we stopped playing as a team save for a few possesions here and there. Some subs were really needed and there were none to be had so the B-Movie that was unfolding on our side of the pitch continued. This is the worst showing for the boys in Blue in a very long while. With promotion not even a question on the table it times to earn some respect with some hard work and comittment that will need to see more than 5guys out to a training session. Rant over...

One thing I will say about Bosna, you have some skilled players on your squad but please leave the EuroFlop routines at home, that kind of behaviour is a disgrace to the sport maybe not in some regions of the world but here in Canada, it is. Nice come from behind win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0