Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, November, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR vs Kosovo was cancelled b/c Trimble Park was a mud bath. That field is done for the year barring a miraculous 2 week stretch of 15C and sun right now. The U13s & U12s have done a nice job in destroying it the last 2 weeks.

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Westside Knights, do you think the league might schedule our match (Greenies) with you as a make-up since you guys are a couple games behind?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Westside Knights, do you think the league might schedule our match (Greenies) with you as a make-up since you guys are a couple games behind?
You'll be playing that one in the spring, most likely. Unless you're three or four games back, I can't see the league giving you a midweek replay at this point.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chazling.
Og is right. The league never seems to have it together enough to take care of this stuff until they are trying to squeeze thirty cup, make up and regularly scheduled games into a twenty game window come spring time.
Then they have to try and find whatever ref they can to accomodate so many games. It seems that I only see father John and some of the other poor examples for a ref miscreants during this time. By that time, the Rattler, his FBI sidekick and the wacky new forward of ours should be on their second go round of suspensions...

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the exception of the guy who ran our keeper after getting in a shouting match with Watcher, NK were a clean team that went in hard but fair. It was nice to to have to worry about cheap hits after the play. I had my bell rung once near the end (by Mickster?), but he got all ball and I happened to be standing around like a football tackling dummy and deserved it. I'm sure the rematch will be crucial, especially as it is the last game in the return schedule.

Sounds like the way I played 10-20 years ago. These days I don't seem to ring any bells or come away with the ball. But to lump me in as a member of the "derailed" train.... come on Oggy:rolleyes: I'll be hoping to continue with the derailment when the JB's meet the train at home in a couple of weeks. At least we get numbers out for Monday night games.... until then, I'll practice my bell ringing skills:D

Mickster

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon Mickster, we all the know the only bell you'll be ringing is the dinner bell. Over and over. :D

BallLicker, you know, your first 28 posts on TTP were absolute shite, but I have to say, your 29th is far and away the biggest load of shite I've seen on these forums for a long fcuking time. Time to take your head out of your ass and get some fresh air because you are fcuking delirious.

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR vs Kosovo was cancelled b/c Trimble Park was a mud bath. That field is done for the year barring a miraculous 2 week stretch of 15C and sun right now. The U13s & U12s have done a nice job in destroying it the last 2 weeks.

Jeesh. Usually we're blaming a lack of players, the ref, or the league for our shortcomings, now we're blaming toddlers. This must be a new low. Is it too late to change our name back to Belmont?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's as bad a field as I've seen so far this year. Maybe if the City flew in Ol' Trafford's grounds crew, they may be able to make it playable, but the state we saw it in, it was pretty awful.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
that sucks for both PGR and DPR as there is little chance we will be completing our season without a new field. Any way to let the league know this and to see if the search for a new home turf can start asap?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
that sucks for both PGR and DPR as there is little chance we will be completing our season without a new field. Any way to let the league know this and to see if the search for a new home turf can start asap?
The league will take care of it somehow and move you to open fields. We had the same thing every year in the past with David Lam, which is always playable until the first week of October and then closes for the year.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez Strathcona would be ... well we all know how Strathcona can be.

Speaking of Strathcona - seems like the ideal place to put 4 brand new turf fields.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strange. After apparently booting us off Point Grey to make room for two Div. 1 CAT games, the league has now cancelled both of those. I wonder how many grass games will go on...?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy, they have reserved PG for the CIS National Championships.
Ah. That makes more sense. This weekend has been TBA on our schedule since the beginning of the season, so I was confused when they suddenly scheduled two Div. 1 CAT games there this week. That must've been an oversight, and is unfortunate for the CAT teams.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone familiar with China Creek Park? Where is it and want is it like (probably a gravel field knowing our luck)....

Just west of Clark on Great Northern Way. Little birdie tells me Bombastic trying to secure this park as their club park (all teams). Typically just used for youth/women's games I believe. Grass...and ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0