Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
BFC over Portuguese (Training looked good last night 9 PCOV lack a scoring punch)

Why would you say we lack a scoring punch? I don't make predictions on my teams games so no comment from me. See ya this weekend Georgie.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
Manager is speaking in the 3rd person.
Is that a direct result of playing in the valley?
Sunset seems alot closer than abbotsford, regardless of the condition of the pitch :p

something like that....I don't bother with the abbotsfaraway games :eek:

As for sunset, it is closer than abbotsford, but very near in pitch quality.

can somebody say....pasture?

mooooo

Cookie Monster

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with most of Vinnie's predictions:

NK Hrvat over B" United - NK to win, but it will be interesting to see how they do against tougher opponents

Green Devils FC over Westside Knights - Westside may lack scoring punch to keep up Green Devils

Primo FC over Unicorns - should be a decent game

Nomads FC "A" over Richmond FC - it appears that RFC is struggling this year

Norvan JB's over Douglas Pk. Rangers - the stronger, more skilled team should win, unless JB's have trouble scoring which may lead to a tie

The most intriguing battle will be GREEN DEVILS vs. WESTSIDE. Two good sides, so let them play!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cookie Monster said:
I agree with most of Vinnie's predictions:

NK Hrvat over B" United - NK to win, but it will be interesting to see how they do against tougher opponents

Green Devils FC over Westside Knights - Westside may lack scoring punch to keep up Green Devils

Primo FC over Unicorns - should be a decent game

Nomads FC "A" over Richmond FC - it appears that RFC is struggling this year

Norvan JB's over Douglas Pk. Rangers - the stronger, more skilled team should win, unless JB's have trouble scoring which may lead to a tie

The most intriguing battle will be GREEN DEVILS vs. WESTSIDE. Two good sides, so let them play!
The only one you will get wrong is the fact that NOmads stands for NO good. they will not beat RUFC.

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat over B" United - considering Yomama's penchant for superstition, I see NK 'squeaking by' BU with one Nick Akrop turning in a particularly shitty performance

Green Devils FC tie Westside Knights - sure

Primo FC over Unicorns - by at least three goals

Nomads FC "A" over Richmond FC - richmond slow to pick up the pieces

Norvan JB's over Douglas Pk. Rangers - by two goals

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict that Real MacDonald pickup their first ever points in the VMSL at the expense of the Socceroos who are too drunk to find the field.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gamebreaker said:
any one got predictions for div 2A this week?

lets try again with a lesson learned....

Belmont FC 2
West Van Royals 1 sorry royals,belmont are better than their record

Firefighters "C" 1
Signmaster SC 1 porkchop and the boys muck out a tie

Aryana FC 0
Bosna SC 3 no idea really but bosna looks better

City FC Cobras
Burnaby Fury ......????

Maplewood United 3
Cleo's FC 3 even matchup i think,lots of goals

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Che,

I'm never passing the ball to you again....not that I ever made an effort to pass it to you before, since I would get the same result if I just passed it to one of the opposing team's players. I will see you tonight at practice where I will injure your 'good' ankle. :p

Don't talk about Yomama like that!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
I predict that Real MacDonald pickup their first ever points in the VMSL at the expense of the Socceroos who are too drunk to find the field.
Speaking of the kangadevil himself......we are still waiting to hear from you Peta!!!!! What is going on with the belovid Soccerooos!!!

Could Ronnie's manage a draw or could we even imagine a vicory?????? Please god please!!

Cookie Monster

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say that after looking at some of the results of the first 2 weeks and knowing some of the teams in the 3 groups; I think group 2B looks to be the strongest overall. I know each groups has at least 2 or 3 teams that are really good, but when you look at the entire group, 2B seems to be the best. I think every team has at least 1 tie after 2 weeks, and except for maybe 2 or 3 blow outs (all which appear to have valid reason) the games seem quite close. 2A has decent teams across the board but no real strength in the top half (this should be a tight group) and 2C has a few really good teams up top but their bottom half is a joke. I guess we'll find out more as the season goes on and in the cup rounds when these groups will face eachother.

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
westside knights versus green devils is the pick of the matches this weekend,the knights have looked reasonably impressive in their opening fixtures while the devils made hard work of the nomads.both teams play good football but i tip the devils to shade it as one of their out of form players just got laid for the first time n he's got a bounce back in his step,expecting big things from him but then so was the girl!

Roy Keane

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green Devils were ruling midfield against the Nomads last weekend, when they changed it around in the second half, for what reason i dont know. A guy called Thomasso was playing shite when they decided to take off the other guy i dont know why he was playing really good. The devils are no great shakes and have a few weaknesses particualy that thomasso guy along with there tall goal keeper.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils Advocate said:
westside knights versus green devils is the pick of the matches this weekend,the knights have looked reasonably impressive in their opening fixtures while the devils made hard work of the nomads.both teams play good football but i tip the devils to shade it as one of their out of form players just got laid for the first time n he's got a bounce back in his step,expecting big things from him but then so was the girl!
Knights have been in our Grouping for as long as I can remember. They are a group of solid ol buggers and seem to know how to grind out a win even in the toughest of circumstances even though they are getting older and older.

Quick question though Devil: With half your boys leaving Nomads to form GDs how good are Nomads this year or maybe the question should be how weak? Last year they were just beginning to put together a pretty good core for the first time but had players leaving on mass it seems (we all know why). I can only imagine they are using what was left after the departures and the best of their U21 group. Like to hear your thoughts.

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Georgie,
To be honest Nomads are a respectable team,however they are limited.may cause a number of teams a couple of problems but lack some quality but to a greater extent numbers. they dont play it around but look to play the forwards into the channels at the first opportunity and work from there.It puts pressure on the defence but it limits the teams opportunities and isnt pretty to watch. They were really up for the game against us but we should have won by a lot more,we were 3-1 and coasting till the last five mins

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Che,

I'm never passing the ball to you again....not that I ever made an effort to pass it to you before, since I would get the same result if I just passed it to one of the opposing team's players. I will see you tonight at practice where I will injure your 'good' ankle. :p

Don't talk about Yomama like that.
....I don't think you understand how a jinx works.

But yeah, I like this sudden injection of honesty! Maybe next time I do something remotely good you could just continue playing, rather than stopping to clap and congratulate me. ;)

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikashay seems to be sheepishly declining a predicition for the Fury.

I feel that they win take points from Cobras but only 3-1.

Not the 6 goals for that he feels they are worthy of in previous weeks. The Cobras were the weakest team in Div 2A 2 years ago and they don,t look to have pickup any new talent.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
porkchop said:
Rikashay seems to be sheepishly declining a predicition for the Fury.

I feel that they win take points from Cobras but only 3-1.

Not the 6 goals for that he feels they are worthy of in previous weeks. The Cobras were the weakest team in Div 2A 2 years ago and they don,t look to have pickup any new talent.

ok fine i predict fury win 6-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0