Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Last year's 2C teams just aren't doing a very good job of representin' this year. Alemania and Shaheen propping up the 1A tables, Belmont 0 for 2, and Yaletown, C-Men, and MacDonald combining for 1 win in 6 games. Including Fury, last year's 2C is 2-12 for the first two weeks. ouch.

after purusing the site for the first time in a while, i came across this post. you're forgetting the ravens, who are now ifc polonia. 2 ties in the first 2 games isn't a bad start for a team that is the same ravens team as last year. (mind you, we got our asses handed to us last night vs. richmond u.) so last year's 2c would actually be 2-2-12. not much better, but at least we've put up points in div1 unlike some of the other teams that were given spots or promoted in the past few seasons.

bukkakemon

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard that HK had a convincing win against B-United...5-0. that's 15 goals for in 3 games and only 2 conceeded. What is happening with this NK team? I hear they have much depth and can definately score based on the results thus far. good job so far boys.

manager

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
True Manager,

NK 5 - B United 0

Our keeper and sweeper used to play for B United so this is an especially sweet win for them. The game featured 5 different scorers which is always a nice sign. We look forward to the Nomads next week; a team that had our number last year.

(Strathcona Park is looking pretty nice these days, but the field we played on was brutal as it was like playing on cement).

What happened in the other games?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo - 2
Unicorns - 1

We were lucky ot come away with this one.
PK awarded in the last 10 minutes gave us the 3 points
Unicorns are a decent team and their record is definitely no indication of their ability.
As for us we played a very flat, lack-luster game...no where near where we need to be to achieve promo.

Practice is going to be fun this week :(

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semen United 0-3 Yaletown FC

We played decent, consistent football and got the job done. I'm expecting the Semen to get a bit better once they get their striker back next week, since their fairly talented midfield was frustrated by a lack of options up front.
It's always nice to win the games TTPers pick you to lose...
On to our first real home game against the mighty men from Macdonald!

-oggy oggy oggy

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Devil Himself said:
Congrats Oggy on your win today.

Any word if David Lam will be ready next week for both of our home games?
That's what the Excellent Site says. DL certainly looks beautiful right now, and it would be great to play there before it's under six inches of water like last winter. At least they put up signs to keep it from turning into a dog park again :mad:

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Yes they were, 1-1 with the Roos. Are the Socceroos really that bad?
Wow. After 21 straight losses in league and cup play, MacDonald have claimed a point. :wa:
Thanks to Socceroos for taking the pressure off the rest of us, because no one wanted to be the team that gave them that first result.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hold on, hold on, .....i've always wanted to do this!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NK vs Nomads should be a dandy since Nomads scored 6 last game
but still. TO ALL THE NOMENS <---------CHOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Semen United 0-3 Yaletown FC

We played decent, consistent football and got the job done. I'm expecting the Semen to get a bit better once they get their striker back next week, since their fairly talented midfield was frustrated by a lack of options up front.
It's always nice to win the games TTPers pick you to lose...
On to our first real home game against the mighty men from Macdonald!

-oggy oggy oggy
Their striker took the red card in our match against them and although they were nothing to special with him on the park you could tell they would be limited in any match with out him. He has excellent pace and some good skill. They have a center midfielder who will set him up for a few this year. We had a chance to sign him but blew it in some communication error.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
That's what the Excellent Site says. DL certainly looks beautiful right now, and it would be great to play there before it's under six inches of water like last winter. At least they put up signs to keep it from turning into a dog park again :mad:
David Lam will be just fine. It has one of the best sand bases around. It just needed the new turf as the re-seedign each of the last two years was poor and ususlly dug up by DOGs. Yes indeed a beautifull place to play this year it will be.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Yes they were, 1-1 with the Roos. Are the Socceroos really that bad?
You know, as much as I like to TTP out of the Roos I have to say I feel badly for them................it must suck to be them right now. At least they have one point after there first 3 games.

Roos are officially struggling in Div 2 (Week) C. And they are very quiet right now. Peta must be away. Peta lets hear what is going on with the Roos please.

Olso to answer the question: "Are the Socceroos really that bad?" I didn't think so and I am totally surprised with their result this weekend.

Anyone seen the game or played in the game that can comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0