Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Olso to answer the question: "Are the Socceroos really that bad?" I didn't think so and I am totally surprised with their result this weekend.
As I mentioned earlier, it was good that the Roos took the pressure off the rest of us. MacDonald have improved a bit, but the main thing is that if everything goes wrong for a team on the day, anyone could drop a point to MacDonald. We squeaked by them 2-1 last spring in a match in pissing rain with no subs and several players who were injured and could do little more than walk (me being one of them). They also had a very close cup game that they only lost in the last couple of minutes. In other words, it was just a matter of time before they'd get a point when things conspire against their opponents.
Or maybe the Roos just suck. :D

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2 C predicitions

Georgie's Best said:
Yaletown over C-Men (still missing their suspended striker)
BFC over Portuguese (Training looked good last night 9 PCOV lack a scoring punch)
Kosova - Agreed
SPH - Agreed (and will have won the Division by week 14) I hate to say it but I think it will be true.
Yaletown - Correct
BFC - Could have been a complete loss but tied it up with 10 to go
SPH - Correct
Kosova - Correct
I forgot to predict the Roos Matchup.

Next weeks games like this for 2 C

BFC over Roos

Yaletown over Zawisza
(this could be a draw. Zaw is a big team and can trouble but
Kosova belted them so I don't know what was up there)

Kosova over Real McDonald

Porutgese Club lose to SPH

FC SandZak tie with C Men.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Their striker took the red card in our match against them and although they were nothing to special with him on the park you could tell they would be limited in any match with out him. He has excellent pace and some good skill. They have a center midfielder who will set him up for a few this year. We had a chance to sign him but blew it in some communication error.

Actually, it was one of our midfielders that you almost signed. The striker that you mentioned played with the Nomads in the summer league, not as a striker, but mostly as a left back. He doesn't have much experience up front but has skill and was doing well in our game against you guys, until he opened his mouth :mad: . The two centre mids that played for us against Yaletown didn't play against you guys - we just signed them. I thought we controlled the first half of the game against the Yaletowners and were unlucky to be down a goal. In the 2nd half I think we got tired and reverted to sloppy play which cost us two more goals. Anyways, I'm sure that that it will start coming together for us soon and we'll get some wins.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Actually, it was one of our midfielders that you almost signed. The striker that you mentioned played with the Nomads in the summer league, not as a striker, but mostly as a left back. He doesn't have much experience up front but has skill and was doing well in our game against you guys, until he opened his mouth :mad: . The two centre mids that played for us against Yaletown didn't play against you guys - we just signed them. I thought we controlled the first half of the game against the Yaletowners and were unlucky to be down a goal. In the 2nd half I think we got tired and reverted to sloppy play which cost us two more goals. Anyways, I'm sure that that it will start coming together for us soon and we'll get some wins.
Actually that was the guy I meant the Midfielder. Did he play for you this past weekend. He's very skilled but not sure how he blends with other players. In the game we played against you I thought we were shocking in the first 30 minutes. Clearly it was my 30 yarder in the top corner that did you in:cool: . kidding of course. The score woudl have been much closer had your forward not lashed out at the ref.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Actually that was the guy I meant the Midfielder. Did he play for you this past weekend. He's very skilled but not sure how he blends with other players. In the game we played against you I thought we were shocking in the first 30 minutes. Clearly it was my 30 yarder in the top corner that did you in:cool: . kidding of course. The score woudl have been much closer had your forward not lashed out at the ref.
Yes he played against Yaletown and played quite well with two other spanish guys in midfield. You're right about his pace - definitely an asset for him. As far as blending with other players, he played well with our summer team (that's why he signed with us I think) but obviously we haven't blended together as a group in the first three games. As far as the first game, yes the score could have been closer but you can't really expect a close score when you're letting in goals from 30 yards out. It was a well placed shot though.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Jb's 5 Douglas Park 1

Norvan finally found the back of the net as well we finally remembered just how to play. Same thing every year, we start off slow.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the last ten minutes of the first half of the JBs/ Douglas Park game. It was 2-0 for the JBs when Douglas Park scored a sweet looking goal off a cross and diving header. JBs did well to pull away in the game to get the 5-1 result, but just so mickster knows, that Douglas Park goal wouldn't have come against the likes of Hags, Warlock and Yomama. :p

yomama

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
IFC Zawisa 1-6 Kosovo

For you that want to know they have some big guys but they have no foot work.I told the guys keep it on the ground and we'll be just fine.And we did with Erion getting 2 more and having 6 total in 3 games.Congrats to my old team NK they really are on the roll keep it up boys .....and we on to mac donald boys nothing for granted ...no mercy either

GoldenGoose

Apr 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours are that the Premier division will be down-sizing their league next year. Meaning less teams in premier and more being sent down to division one.

Does anyone know how this will effect div.2 teams being promoted to div.1 and div.1 teams being demoted to div.2? How many get promoted this year? :confused:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We won't know until we know...ask questions and your goose will be cooked. Get it?
:D
These decisions are decided on by a very select few people and I would imagine that the decison making process will have more twists and turns then the sea to sky highway. If you are not in the inner circle you gets no love and experience has shown that asking questions is asking for a well.... just don't ask.

-BrokenBonesForRealThisTime-

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
We won't know until we know...ask questions and your goose will be cooked. Get it?
:D
These decisions are decided on by a very select few people and I would imagine that the decison making process will have more twists and turns then the sea to sky highway. If you are not in the inner circle you gets no love and experience has shown that asking questions is asking for a well.... just don't ask.

-BrokenBonesForRealThisTime-
I actually had a short discussion with Azzi in regards to this and I would have to say you are pretty much correct here.:eek:

It started out very good and then when the questions got difficult I was asked to leave!!!

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
They must've emptied the cooler after that miracle.

Not just the cooler....I am struggeling for words to describe what happened last week. I am getting heckled by Will Azzi for crying out loud. Even in our own pub people are cruel...no free beer for the team. Things are not looking much better for our game against Bombastic, we are struggeling to field a team....too many injuries. I might have to come out of retirement ,dammit.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Not just the cooler....I am struggeling for words to describe what happened last week. I am getting heckled by Will Azzi for crying out loud. Even in our own pub people are cruel...no free beer for the team. Things are not looking much better for our game against Bombastic, we are struggeling to field a team....too many injuries. I might have to come out of retirement ,dammit.
Pray for the rains then Peta. Our squad looks good this week with a full compliment of players.

Honestly I feel for you. All of us were just hoping it was someone else (you guys in the end) That took the punishment:knvb:

Where have you been anyway. These are your first posts all season. Avoidance???? And of all weeks to come out of hiding!!!!!!!!

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Where have you been anyway. These are your first posts all season. Avoidance???? And of all weeks to come out of hiding!!!!!!!!

I thought I would keep a low profile for a few weeks in order to get some piss taking ammo, however the joke is on me. As far as our game is concerned..I don't think it will take place at Memorial, that field is probably back to it's swampy worst...Adanac top might be the field where it will happen.
Hey Georgie, you are the only one who cares for us and I treasure your kind words,But Please Stop Being So Gay ....you are creeping me out.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
I thought I would keep a low profile for a few weeks in order to get some piss taking ammo, however the joke is on me. As far as our game is concerned..I don't think it will take place at Memorial, that field is probably back to it's swampy worst...Adanac top might be the field where it will happen.
Hey Georgie, you are the only one who cares for us and I treasure your kind words,But Please Stop Being So Gay ....you are creeping me out.
Excellent....you are back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0