Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Predicions, Results & Banter October, 2005

If this rain keeps up, the games will be cancelled anyways.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Temple vs Wick

Missing three starters last week hurt us large, but we SHOULD be back to full force this week. We only use one 'A' player, and only when he is available. Plus he doesn't start for them.

BFC vs Rino C

Rino should win 1-0, but you never know, especially with angryman around. Put some beer by the other teams goal, and he may end up notching a few.

WFCvs City
WFC 1-0 in a close one, although the rain may favour City

HIBS vs Richmond
1-1 draw. Richmond has improved, and will have full lineup.

LOBBANS vs Olympics
Lobbans 2-1, but Olympics are improving.

Aaahh Gurpy- to know me is to love me... and that means you better get to the cooler before me :D

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Georgie's Best said:
And there I thought I was going to score this weekend..........unfortunatley late in the game I can barely get myself accross center and I'm usually hanging out with the ref and helping him call off sides from the center cirlcle.

Beauty weather for a game and http://www.r-and-b.com/index.htmlR&B under the tent!!!!!

http://www.r-and-b.com/
I didn't mean you or me my good man! That's what strikers are for-complaining and scoring :D

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

angryman said:
I didn't mean you or me my good man! That's what strikers are for-complaining and scoring :D
Indeed the only ones we will put away are in 1 Ltr bottles and tins!!!!!:knvb: :knvb: :D

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sikh Temple GFC 2 - 1 Wickham FC "B"
First half was fairly even with Wickham scoring somewhat of an ugly one from about 25 yards out straight over the keeper who appeared to be sleeping only a few minutes into the game. Temple rebounded and netted one around midway through the half. 2nd half was all Temple's having numerous scoring chances, and even missing the net from literatily 1 yard out. Last few minutes they were able to put away and salvage the win.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just a quick update before hitting the ferry lineup:

WFC Rangers B 3:0 City FC Rangers

With all due respect, the score line heavily flattered City FC. Westside dominated for nearly each of the 90 minutes. Granted, the first have was all possession with less than a handful of shots -- only 1:0 at the half (including a PK launched sky-high by our leading goal scorer). But the second half became a shooting gallery at one point with the City keeper employing some sort of space-age force-field. Amazing stuff there.

Another 3 points for the good guys and -- at minimum -- a 5 point lead in the standings. :wa:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside Rino C 4 - 0 Bombastic Classic

A dominant first 45 minutes put us up 4-0 at half. In the second half Bombastic came out with a point to prove, and although they didn't generate too much offensively did manage some periods of pressure and kept us off the scoresheet. Overall a good, clean match. Glad to get out of our mini-slump.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
Just a quick update before hitting the ferry lineup:

WFC Rangers B 3:0 City FC Rangers

With all due respect, the score line heavily flattered City FC. Westside dominated for nearly each of the 90 minutes. Granted, the first have was all possession with less than a handful of shots -- only 1:0 at the half (including a PK launched sky-high by our leading goal scorer). But the second half became a shooting gallery at one point with the City keeper employing some sort of space-age force-field. Amazing stuff there.

Another 3 points for the good guys and -- at minimum -- a 5 point lead in the standings. :wa:

Its too bad we had to give up a couple of B players ( who didn't even play the CAT game ) to the div. 1 squad today. With that and no help from our A team resulted in very little possession. ( Many guys away this weekend ) With more help, the game would have been much closer. Also two very week PKs called against us. The good thing is perhaps some of the guys learned a lesson in how to play possession soccer. There is alot less running when you can at least share the possession stats. Look forward to the rematch.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:
Westside Rino C 4 - 0 Bombastic Classic

A dominant first 45 minutes put us up 4-0 at half. In the second half Bombastic came out with a point to prove, and although they didn't generate too much offensively did manage some periods of pressure and kept us off the scoresheet. Overall a good, clean match. Glad to get out of our mini-slump.

Pretty accurate Dez-our backline was shocking-the left side not having been seen at practice or a game since last season-like last week(different guys)-though obviously Rino's finish was much better than Wickham's. I don't think I touched a ball in the first 30 minutes ( all ptaking aside). Your finish was very good-4 for 6 at the least. Great passing, excellent finish.

2nd half was very different as I was shortly moved to c back and that was enough of that! We generated some chances and the first 5 forays into our back were....OFFSIDE... imagine that...an old guy playing good strategy...study the game people
:D but ultimately a well deserved win ;)

I had a dream...

soreasaurus

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe the League in it's infinite wisdom has forgot to give both Wickham and BFC Classic in 2CAT A a point each for their last game- which was a TIE-they have the game as a loss for both teams.

WHAT THE FCUK!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it was the high quality ref...........

sosickofincompetanthumans

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stranger said:
2A Cat

Sikh Temple GFC
Wickham FC "B"
Fraser Wood School
Sat/12.00pm
I'll take Sikh with a 2-1 victory. There doesn't seem to be much there for Wick on the cat team.

Bombastic SC Classic
Westside Rino "C"
David Lam
Sat/12.00pm
Rino's all the way. They won't drop another 2 points this week.

WFC Rangers "B"
City FC Rangers "B"
Hillcrest Park Ctr.
Sat/12.00pm
I'm thinking this will be a good game. Obviously a 3-0 victory for the Rangers B.................. as in WFC!

Are you kidding me with those predictions!!!! I told the guys to stop scoring at 3 just so I could make this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wa:

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Took in the Sikh vs. Wick game. The Wick team looked battered with what looked like a skeleton crew, not sure if this was due to injuries, holiday weekend, their A-team playing the same day, or merely a bad team with no subs. Sikh looked poised with plenty of subs and plenty of fans.

This game was a tale of two....the first half was all Wick, yet a couple of good Sikh chances especially with their speedy striker. Wick scored a beauty...with a chip shot that made me look in awe from the sideline. Sikh tied with a breakway and great finish. The ball came over center 10 times in the first half (...anal, but I counted) as Wick moved the ball well, especially their little center mid (side note: he was soft in the tackles). The second half started with Sikh pressuring and played with more urgency than they did in the first half. Sikh had three quality chances....with Wick having one. That being said, Sikh played well, but this game should have ended in a tie.....tough loss for Wick.....too bad suckers, div 3 is calling...too bad your in a cat. :(

-Hummer

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Its too bad we had to give up a couple of B players ( who didn't even play the CAT game ) to the div. 1 squad today. With that and no help from our A team resulted in very little possession. ( Many guys away this weekend ) With more help, the game would have been much closer. Also two very week PKs called against us. The good thing is perhaps some of the guys learned a lesson in how to play possession soccer. There is alot less running when you can at least share the possession stats. Look forward to the rematch.

Excuses, excuses. We are gald to report we used none of our A players............ as we rarely do in this division. As far as the PK's go I'm not sure where you were standing but the last time I checked a hand ball in the box is hardly a weak excuses for a PK.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

angryman said:
I believe the League in it's infinite wisdom has forgot to give both Wickham and BFC Classic in 2CAT A a point each for their last game- which was a TIE-they have the game as a loss for both teams.

WHAT THE FCUK!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it was the high quality ref...........

sosickofincompetanthumans

Angreyman, the league didn't forget, they were following the TTP and the last few games and naturally gave those two plummers a loss.

-Hummer

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hummer said:
Angreyman, the league didn't forget, they were following the TTP and the last few games and naturally gave those two plummers a loss.

-Hummer
yes I am somewhat grey(man)
As for plumbers-wicks didn't play like plummmers-they just had no finish...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

And the cracks of their asses were always showing.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stranger said:
Excuses, excuses. We are gald to report we used none of our A players............ as we rarely do in this division. As far as the PK's go I'm not sure where you were standing but the last time I checked a hand ball in the box is hardly a weak excuses for a PK.

Thats funny!! As I recall some of you where playing div 1 last year and may years prior. Your squad had alot more div 1 experience than the team we fielded today... And the hand ball was a bad bounce ( not intended ) , in a position you never would have scored on anyways( I call that weak ). And for excuses, we have none. Today we where out played. Our next game will be a battle though.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Thats funny!! As I recall some of you where playing div 1 last year and may years prior. Your squad had alot more div 1 experience than the team we fielded today... And the hand ball was a bad bounce ( not intended ) , in a position you never would have scored on anyways( I call that weak ). And for excuses, we have none. Today we where out played. Our next game will be a battle though.

One guy from last years div 1 team.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2- Wick 1

Wickham played well in the first half, as our guys were not playing as hard as we should have been.

Second half we woke up, and completely dominated. Wickham only had one or two quality chances the whole game, and finished one of them. As for us, we dinged the cross bar once, one of our young players missed a header on a empty net from a yard out, and we had few just miss the net by inches.

Good clean game, definately not our best played game, but we will take the points and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0