Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2/3/CAT CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

1) This explains a few things. First time that I saw him playing with his teammates, I thought to myself: "Whao!, the Burnaby system is doing something well if Division 3 players play like this". Little did I know that he was a product of German soccer. I was really impressed with their touch and handling of the ball.

2) They not ballerinas. I have seen them go very hard on the tackles. Harder and cleaner than Norvan, Greencaps, Astro and even Meraloma.

3) 4-1 seems a pretty good dismantling of a team, for whoever got upset with this. I really hope that one day people stop with the excuses (i.e. our best players did not come/were injured/ we got a red card/we gave easy goals, we did not care about the cup, etc). All that is part of the game. You do not give away goals or get red cards for nothing. You were put on those positions by the other team.
Burnaby Athletic is a better team than Norvan, no doubt about it and the score shows it.

4) In the same way, my opinion is that Burnaby is a stronger team than Campo Atletico and are the favourites to win the game. No shame on this. There is always a better team than yours. The issue for us is to prepare accordingly and try to come away with a win when dealing with a superior team.

All these show implications for the future. Burnaby Athletic and Serbia and Surrey will make the race for promotion next year even harder. Division 2 is going to be even more competitive next eyar.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

1) This explains a few things. First time that I saw him playing with his teammates, I thought to myself: "Whao!, the Burnaby system is doing something well if Division 3 players play like this". Little did I know that he was a product of German soccer. I was really impressed with their touch and handling of the ball.

2) They not ballerinas. I have seen them go very hard on the tackles. Harder and cleaner than Norvan, Greencaps, Astro and even Meraloma.

3) 4-1 seems a pretty good dismantling of a team, for whoever got upset with this. I really hope that one day people stop with the excuses (i.e. our best players did not come/were injured/ we got a red card/we gave easy goals, we did not care about the cup, etc). All that is part of the game. You do not give away goals or get red cards for nothing. You were put on those positions by the other team.
Burnaby Athletic is a better team than Norvan, no doubt about it and the score shows it.

4) In the same way, my opinion is that Burnaby is a stronger team than Campo Libre and are the favourites to win the game. No shame on this. There is always a better team than yours. The issue for us is to prepare accordingly and try to come away with a win when dealing with a superior team.

All these show implications for the future. Burnaby Athletic and Serbia and Surrey will make the race for promotion next year even harder. Division 2 is going to be even more competitive next eyar.

Ps. I also talked to Navid last night at the training field. He was really nice and pleasant and humble. ...ehem Farquea...Macho Man...take note...

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ps. I also talked to Navid last night at the training field. He was really nice and pleasant and humble. ...ehem Farquea...Macho Man...take note...

There it is folks, Soccer Coach disclosing tips on humbleness. My life is complete. Aside from that, I've shared a field with Navid a couple of times (in 6 aside co-ed rec, mind you) and it was a treat. Incredible skill and all class.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penguin. This is just a forum. No real life. No worries. People take things a bit too literal. This is just alternate persona and to add exciment and anticipation to some games. Quite different in regular interactions.

Have you heard of Wabi sabi?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Predictions...
  • Rino’s Fury A (D2B, 1st) v Harps FC A (D2B, 3rd)
  • Vancouver Greencaps (D2A, 6th) v Rich FC Olympics (D2A, 8th)
  • Rino’s Fury B (CAT, 4th) v NVFC Viking Storm B (CAT, 3rd)
  • Westside FC B (CAT, 2nd) v NK Hrvat A (D2B, 4th)
  • GN Sporting Club (D2A, 3rd) v 13th Legion FC (D2B, 9th)
  • Bby Metro Athletic (D3C, 1st) v Campo Atletico (D2A, 1st)
  • Meraloma FC A (D2A, 5th) v Royal City YSC A (D3A, 7th)
  • Gastown FC (D2B, 8th) v FC Serbia (D3B, 1st)
  • Snipers FC A (D2A, 4th) v SU Extreme A (D3A, 2nd)
  • Strathcona United (D3B, 4th) v Lobbans FC (D3A, 4th)
  • Squamish FC (D2B, 5th) v Ex Patriots (D3B, 6th)
  • GFC United Lions (D2B, 12th) v Astro FC (D2A, 7th)
  • Vancouver Strikers (D2B, 2nd) v Vancouver United FC A (D2B, 7th)
  • South Delta Rangers (D3A, 9th) v SDFC Royals B (CAT, 5th)
  • Surrey United B (CAT, 1st)v Unicorns FC (D3B, 2nd)
  • Green Devils FC A (D3A, 6th) v Bombastic FC A (D2B, 11th)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Predictions...

I know you used to play for them, but Van Utd winning this game is highly improbable.

I wonder if SU Extreme can pull the upset on Snipers, based on Snipers recent dip in form, and SU having a fairly competitive run at the top of Div 3A

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@dezza, gotta go with my old team. There's already been a couple of upsets ;)

Agree with the Snipers dip in form lately. 3A looks to be a competitive division this year!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree with @dezza re Strikers and Bombastic. I'll stick with Snipers as well. I also have Unicorns beating Surrey CAT. Unicorns are in second place in 3B solely based on the alphabet, having an identical record as Serbia.

Eastvan

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Predictions...
  • Rino’s Fury A (D2B, 1st) v Harps FC A (D2B, 3rd)
  • Vancouver Greencaps (D2A, 6th) v Rich FC Olympics (D2A, 8th)
  • Rino’s Fury B (CAT, 4th) v NVFC Viking Storm B (CAT, 3rd)
  • Westside FC B (CAT, 2nd) v NK Hrvat A (D2B, 4th)
  • GN Sporting Club (D2A, 3rd) v 13th Legion FC (D2B, 9th)
  • Bby Metro Athletic (D3C, 1st) v Campo Atletico (D2A, 1st)
  • Meraloma FC A (D2A, 5th) v Royal City YSC A (D3A, 7th)
  • Gastown FC (D2B, 8th) v FC Serbia (D3B, 1st)
  • Strathcona United (D3B, 4th) v Lobbans FC (D3A, 4th)
  • Squamish FC (D2B, 5th) v Ex Patriots (D3B, 6th)
  • GFC United Lions (D2B, 12th) v Astro FC (D2A, 7th)
  • South Delta Rangers (D3A, 9th) v SDFC Royals B (CAT, 5th)
  • Surrey United B (CAT, 1st)v Unicorns FC (D3B, 2nd)
  • Green Devils FC A (D3A, 6th) v Bombastic FC A (D2B, 11th)

Your predictions look pretty good but I would have to disagree with:

Strikers vs Van United. Strikers are much stronger team that will dominate this match and advance fairly easy I believe.

Burnaby Metro vs Campo. As much as everyone wants Soccer Coach to win and continue the great entertainment, I doubt his side can beat the tournament favourites it seems like.

Westside vs Nk Hrvat. This should be a good match but I see Nk coming out on top as they are starting to put the ball in the net. Doesn't seem like anybody thinks of them as a threat at all

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your predictions look pretty good but I would have to disagree with:

Strikers vs Van United. Strikers are much stronger team that will dominate this match and advance fairly easy I believe.

Burnaby Metro vs Campo. As much as everyone wants Soccer Coach to win and continue the great entertainment, I doubt his side can beat the tournament favourites it seems like.

Westside vs Nk Hrvat. This should be a good match but I see Nk coming out on top as they are starting to put the ball in the net. Doesn't seem like anybody thinks of them as a threat at all

NK always does well in cup
They will win this round and few more

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Based on the fact that their first round fixture was a 0-0 they won on penalties? Sure they pumped the worst team in the league 6-0 a couple of weeks back, but if you remove that fixture they've scored 4 goals in 4 games (3 league, 1 cup) since the winter break. Not sure if that qualifies as "starting to put the ball in the net"...

That being said, I have to agree with @SmartCoach in that NK and cup runs go hand in hand. If there is one team that always turns up for cup season and finds ways to win it's Hrvat. They will be a tough out in this round and, assuming they progress, in every other round regardless of the calibre of their opponents.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta div3 squad facing off against their div1 CAT team. Will be an interesting match as these two teams practice together and are all buddies. Our div3 guys have had a tough season in a competitive 3A tier, there's a pretty clear divide between the top 5 and bottom 5 in that tier. The Rangers will be missing their keeper this weekend, and were already the heavy underdog. The Royals B might be missing their striker, and a strong winger that has served them well this season.

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 3 - 2 Gastown (pk's)

Entertaining match tonight down at the billiard tables of Andy Livingston. Serbia squander 2-0 lead after missing multiple glorious opportunities to make it 3-0 but escape with victory on penalties. Nice effort from Gastown to battle back. Unfortunately undone by 2 horrific penalties that missed the net by miles. Also exciting to see div3 teams like Serbia making some noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0