Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Division 1] Results & Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:

Yowen did an excellent job of marking Jason Jordon, while Leetchy Tactics worked hard to put some pressure on the Akal defence.

All I saw was JJ ripping apart that brutal defender the entire 2nd half. If Indo had any finish, JJ would have had 2 goals and 3 assists in the 2nd half alone. If that was good defending, I can't wait for that excellent defending to come to the Prem.

The atmosphere was great. Indo is average if you take away their 3 (and I say this very loosely) "stars".

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, you're probably right, I'll get my coat.

hasanyoneusedthe"I'llgetmycoat"lineinthepast2-3years?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
hasanyoneusedthe"I'llgetmycoat"lineinthepast2-3years?
The Captain used it back in June and it only took him four months to finally leave with it.

Can we start the clock for you, then?

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ranger said:
Our shots were pretty weak...
Lucky for you as I see a couple have gone past you this year........ 44!

wow you sure know how to use the vmsl site your advantage. Too bad you guys only get to lay claim to 1 of those 44 so that makes you the second worst team in div 1b. way to go chump!

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the second worst team would be Merlomas.......

Usually players from teams as weak as yours keep their mouth shut instead of rambling on about how they might be able to salvage 1 point by the end of the season......

Just accept it and move on Bird Man!!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 4 Primos 0

Blaze pretty much controlled from start to finish. We couldn't put anything away early and Primos had 2 chances to score the first goal but after breaking the ice it was all pretty much one way traffic from that point on. Their goalie played well to keep us at 4 along with all the shoddy finishing on our part.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 1-0 DCR/Fiji.................Personally, I thought Fiji had most of the play but couldn't get a qaulity shot on goal.........Lobbans finished their chance when they had it.........still tight at the top.

P.s.....hair of the day belonged to Bob Marley from the Lobbans

DRUNKANDOUTLIKEWALKSATDOULINSPUB

Hard Ballz

B

binger barfme

Lobbans 1-0 Fiji.

Game was played very well by both teams............hard ballz is right fiji carried the play at times but lobbans responded by carrying it at other times.........Fiji did not get any quality shots and where lucky to only lose 1-zip.............I do recall a clearing header of the line while the goalie was caught in no mans land..........oh ya and the one time volley on the penalty spot that went wide.........I could go on and on but whats the point of embarrassing Hard Ballz comment on who carried the play in the game. He himself said Fiji never had any quality scoring chances.

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers 2 Sarajevo 0

A slow start for the Rangers with Sarajevo pushing hard with many chances early. Fortunately they couldn't beat Keeper who was stellar on the day. Rangers notched mid way through the first half and again at the very start of the second. After that it was all Rangers till the final whistle.

Some good skill here and there for Sarajevo, but all they do is thump it up the park and hope for the best

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 1-0 Deep fiji

True we gave them more of the possession, but once in our half they were shut down quite comfortably. For all their possession, Fiji had rarely, if at all tested our keeper! A couple of half chances at best. We did rely on the counter and could of had 2 or 3 goals late in the game from counters. 1st being cleared off the line as their keeps was nowhere and the 2nd a volley in front of net which was wasted. Fiji's front line line and midfield are solid but, the back line is well suspect. I thought Ivor was lucky to stay on the park as he threw a punch behind the play and often gave a few rash challenges. The ref, can't remember his name, had a solid performance today in the middle.

ComeOnRichmond!!!! ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just as Maze has already said, Westside enjoyed (and really enjoyed) beating Sarajevo this afternoon. Our first meeting this year was noted in the "Highway Robbery" category so it was oh-so sweet to take the full points away from them today.

With the skill of their two front men (Elvis & the other guy), it boggles my mind that they're just barely sitting atop of the Mermaids. In fact, with a 'Lomas win :rolleyes: they could be in a spot to half to play off for relegation. They seem (a little) better than that.

Huges kudos ("props", maybe?) to the Westside backline in the second half, though for helping to shut down their offence. With a make-shift defense, we had Shasta McNasty & The Ranger coming to the middle from their usual outside positions, and added Vincenzo who ended up marking Elvis for most of the 90 minutes after already playing 45 in the CAT game prior.

The first half was a bit scary (scary, but fun for me) as they were able to play the ball back to their midfielder down the middle seemingly at will. Shot after shot after shot, they came at us in the first, but we were more than happy to come away with a 1:0 lead at the half.

The second goal really seemed to deflate them a bit. Their play dropped a couple of notches in the second as it became quickly became a Westside-led match. Still, they had a close-call or two, as they are very dangerous off free-kicks: two smacked firmly off the bar.

Walks was acceptable (understatement) and looked sharp once again in a yellow top with black shorts and matching black socks. It looked as if there may have been a recent hair cut as well.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez ... just heard the news about Mobilio - tragic. Makes one think how vulnerable we all are. Condolences to CA and Mobilio's family.

tsedds

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR 0 - Lobbans 1
Seems like Lobbans never really wants possession... they can beat you with 5 mins of it on counters alone... as soon as someone figures them out, maybe they'll allow a few more goals!

Richmond 1 - Norvan 3
One of the most vicious games I've seen in awhile. If the ref had a pair, maybe he could have settled things earlier. Lots of cards, including a red to Richmond. Norvan the better team on the day, controlling the play and finishing on a few of their numerous chances, after allowing Richmond to come out with a very early lead... Richmond didn't have too many sniffs at the net after their first goal, with the exception of a late partial breakaway that ended up with a shot going wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0