Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - March-April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't suck but you like fat chicks if that's any consolation. I imagine there will be a few out in the valley next year for you. Watch out for the ones named Lulabelle and Daisy though because those aren't girls they are cows. I say this because its obvious by the way you dress that you have some vision problems. Are you going to change your TTP handle next year if you're not playing with Champlain? I'd recommend something like Humpty Numpty or Lefty Clubfoot. Well, you said to let you have it but I have to go. Hopefully this will tide you over for the time being. No need to thank me, mate.

Overrated

Mar 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signmaster 1 - Royal 1

pretty even game.... good two footer from behind 11.... that won't be remembered

how does that fat and slow signmaster team stay in contention

good luck to all next week

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting results by NK. On Friday, with a skeleton crew (5 starters including yours truly) were absent and I hear we were beat 3-1 but it was a 2-1 until the very end. And today, once more we start the game a man down and for 40 minutes hold the score to 0-0. We put in a player who came late with 5 to go and found ourselves down 2-0 going into the half. Oops! Second half begins with a second yellow to one of our players and we are again at nine men for the next 40 minutes. The score ends 2-2 though, with a glorious chance missed by us with about 10 seconds left. Good comeback for us to make us hungry for Shaheen next week. Our entire team will be there!

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2- DP Rangers 1
A decent game from start to finish. I thought we generated more chances and were unlucky to not win by a larger margin. Our backup to the backup keeper made a huge PK save to preserve the win, much like he backstopped us in last year's cup semis against EWalk! A great GWG from an unlikely source sealed the deal with about 10 minutes to play. DPR battled hard to the end are were unlucky not to tie things up late. We were happy with the win and locked up 4th place for the year, surprising considering the team we had at times this year.

Royal/Signmaster, surprised to hear that this one ended in a tie, especially since we hammered Signmaster on Friday. I thought Royal, with their full squad available, would have walked over Signmaster. This sets up an interesting final week of the season, with Royal facing the JBs (in my mind, the best team in our division), and Signmaster taking on us (RFC) in a rematch of this Friday's tilt.

With some possible mergers of premier/div 1 teams, maybe there will be more than the usual 3 teams going up from div 2, and maybe both Signmaster and Royal will get promoted. Stranger things have happened.

TS

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama,
Your 11th guy came about the 25 min. marker. Your red came about the 43 min. marker. 11-1=10 guys on the field, not 9. You guys did well in the 2nd half your 10 against our 11. We seem to have no interest in playing after 45 and marked poorly with soft tackles. Its to bad our center back had to leave the game for 15 min. to hang about in the lovely Adanac parker shitter, coming out to see the game tied. Our legs were tired from Friday when we played a wild game with Punjab. Starting the game with a total of 8 guys our 9 showing 10-15 into, the 10 showing about 25th min. Then receiving a unjustified red for 2nd offence in the 65th -70th min. ( from the refs reaction, he had no idea he was booking this guy a second time, but he had to go nevertheless) back down to 9. We managed to score 2 goals off the very few chances. 1 in the first 1 in the 2nd. Punjab scoring there 2 in the 90 min and 100 min. marker, with the end being blown on the restart. Every time the ball was kicked out, the clock stopped!! Our ref. was bruce the little chinese guy. His concept of reffing is outrageous, with an impowerment problem. He is not new to our team being the ref. in our summer league. When he gets going he hands out the cards faster than a black jack dealer. Seeing this guy in the summer is bad enough, but please not in the VMSL. Surely other teams have had problems with him.

In regards to our play off success. Hard work and a little luck can get you far. Saying us beating Bingers was a fluke is an ignorant statement. What are they premier or something. ya right, this is Div. 2, and all these teams are playing a div. 2 level. Lets see next year, how well any promoted team keeping there div. 2 roster does. Div. 1 Firefighters C, Norvan Primos combined total of 135 goals against, 25 goals for. I just don't see any power house teams this year in div 2. Davey.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some very interesting results this past weekend.

TS, thanks for keeping it interesting by taking out Signmaster. Now we'll try our part with dealing Royal a blow. You guys can be always counted on for being spoilers (we should know). Well, another season of shi$$ing the bed for the Norvan JB's. I'll go out on a limb and predict we knock of Royal 3-1.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shut up
They are not the best
You know nothing

What's the point really? If they win it (or anyone in our division) they are going to get killed next year. Alemania had their time in div 1 years ago but they are OLD and not very good. It would mean a total overhaul on their line-up.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
Our ref. was bruce the little chinese guy.

Straight black hair? Yellowish complexion? Speaks with an accent?

I think I might have seen him before.

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...

Today's a big day in Div. 2 (Section A). Richmond squares off against Signmaster in what may be Signmaster's last game. Hopefully, Richmond can pull another amazing game against Signmaster, and go up 2-0 (head-to-head) on them, and become the "spoiler" team.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tiger said:
Well...

Today's a big day in Div. 2 (Section A). Richmond squares off against Signmaster in what may be Signmaster's last game. Hopefully, Richmond can pull another amazing game against Signmaster, and go up 2-0 (head-to-head) on them, and become the "spoiler" team.

Signmaster: 2
Richmond F.C.: 0

Richmond was not going to be the "spoiler" today.
Richmond had 7 seven guys. Goalie got hurt before half.. Cant play with six.
Game called.. Pressure is now on Royal United.

Deucy

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot believe Richmond FC did not field a team, i'm sure they will come on here and give every excuse in the book but what happened today at Honda is disgracefull, mind you, it's been happening all year with various teams, brutal in my opinion. I can't remember who or when it was but some post back someone from Rmd FC was TTPing about clobbering Signmaster again today...give your head a shake man :mad:

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers said:
I cannot believe Richmond FC did not field a team, i'm sure they will come on here and give every excuse in the book but what happened today at Honda is disgracefull, mind you, it's been happening all year with various teams, brutal in my opinion. I can't remember who or when it was but some post back someone from Rmd FC was TTPing about clobbering Signmaster again today...give your head a shake man :mad:

Especially when it is such an important game, with much at stake! Oh well, what can ya do? Tomorrow is promised to be am intriguing game!

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers, don't get your panties in a knot. I didn't realize that us not being able to field a team would mean so much to you, but thanks for caring. We've had a number of injuries lately and some players couldn'tmake it today. Simple as that. Trust me, we don't like playing with 7 guys either but at least we tried to play, until our GK got injured. Most teams in our situation would've just forfeited the game, so I don't think it was that much of a 'disgrace.'
Anyways, I still think Signmaster is an average team and has no business in div 1. I don't think Royal Utd is much better, but at least they have a strong 'support system' in place that will ensure they stay up in div 1 if they get promoted.
For those in 2C, how good is Alemania this year? I saw their cup game against the Blaze 2 years ago and they were crap. We beat Shaheen in cup last year, and they were crap too. I guess they must have picked up some players in the summer time.
Anyways, for those of us out of the cup, onwards to next year. For us it means we're moving to 2B to renew an old rivalry with the NK train. I heard Watcher just bought a new book of excuses, to explain a)why his 'whole team' couldn't make the game and b)why they lost when their 'whole team' was there. Looking forward to next year already. Unfortunately the JBs keep following us around wherever we go. I've had enough of you guys, especially tie games. Mickster, the bet is back on! I'm sure one of us will finally make that leap to div 1. Time will tell.

TS

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey TS, look forward to our continued rivalry next season. Too bad about your turnout today, sucks to play short like that, I'm hoping we get a better turnout tomorrow vs Royal. Time will tell but I'm sure we'll put up a good fight regardless. Enjoy your summer!!

Mick

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Capt., we're not in any indoor leagues at Sportstown. It was hard enough to get our guys to pay reg. fees for the season, forget about forking over more money to play indoors! You must have us confused with another mediocre group of brown guys.
Good luck tonight Mickster et al., try to field a team of more than 7, we don't want to offend anyone (Mackers). No disgraces please.

TS

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS,

You not fielding a team doesn't mean squat to me, I just think that it's bad for the league and for the teams that don't get a proper game in. Teams have paid to play 18 games(or however many it is) plus Cup, if I was Signmaster i'd be pissed off. And what did I say, you'd have every excuse in the book for why you couldn't field a team, I don't care that you still played with 7, it means that Signmaster didn't get a chance at playing an even game.

mackers.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get over it already. Signmaster was probably pretty happy that they didn't have to take their chances on earning the 3 points to a team that beat them the week before. The 3 points vitrually gives them promo.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
how does it virtually give them promo....if royal win tonite ... which im hoping they do...wont there a playoff game between signmaster and royal to decide who goes to div 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0