Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - March-April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
how does it virtually give them promo....if royal win tonite ... which im hoping they do...wont there a playoff game between signmaster and royal to decide who goes to div 1

Rightyouare This Bud's 4 You... There will be a playoff game.
Royal United : 3
Norvan Jb's : 1

Norvan started with 8 players and scored first.. They made the first half interesting. Before halftime another player came that made it 9 players and it was 1-1 at half time.
J'b's hung in there. Good entertainment. Signmaster was there cheering for the Jb's but the Jb's could not get the tie for them.

Deucy :D :D :D

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal 3 - 1 JB's

Went up to N.Van with Deucy to scout the undefeated Royals tonight...

try to field a team of more than 7, we don't want to offend anyone (Mackers). No disgraces please.

well they didn't until 20 minutes in when their 8th man showed up and then took his sweet time getting ready to go in. This guy walked up to the field sat down took his time getting his boots on and then stretched for 10 minutes while his team were struggling about with 7 men. As it was though, he should have stayed on the sidelines, the JB's scored first with 7 men and it wasn't until their 8th man came on that Royal tied it up just before the half. Royal scored the go ahead 15 minutes into the second and then a third just before full time. Kudos to Norvan for putting up a fight but still dissapointing to see only 8 men against a Royal team that needed a win to force a playoff for promotion. Royal looked decent moving the ball around very well, granted things are a little easier against 8 men on a big pitch but they have a few nice players and can understand why they have not lost this year.

Cheers, mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk Deucy you beat me to it and you're right they had 9 in the end not 8, my bad...and yes Signmaster were there cheering on the helpless JB's but to no avail...it was good chatting with the lads, they seem like a good group of guys it's too bad were going to have to......well....maybe not, i'll leave it alone :D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster did take his sweet time on the sideline...perhaps it was the difficult fading light that made it hard to get the polish to shine just right on his boots.... but anyway he did make it on eventually. It was nice to see/meet some fellow ttpr's in the stands and it was unfortunate that we could only field 8-9 players. We were hoping to finish off the season on a positive note but when the phonecalls and emails starting piling up higher than my shanked goal kicks, I knew numbers were going to be tight. And it is never a good thing when I play in goal... I thought that the Royal team was a bit uninspired for most of the game. They did move the ball well but I think they would have been hard in if they had faced our full squad. We did go up early and I was unlucky to keep them off the board in the first half as a curling free kick glanced off my hand into our net for the tying goal. We managed to fight the many fires into the second half and the game was tied until a Royal winger broke into the 18 and found my 5 hole on a hard blast. With the JimBeam side tiring by the minute the pressure continued and the third goal was a sharp angle shot that went cross-net to the post and in.
I think the standings as they end up in 2A are a pretty good assessment of the teams play. JimBeam shoulda/coulda/woulda this season but despite not having a goalie for more than half the season and some shaky numbers we did give it a good run.

The Royals/Signmaster playoff should be interesting. It should be a close game as their previous two ties speak to. I can see this tilt going to Pk's

On a final note, Therapist...Beware, a certain official has a few words of..."wisdom" for ya. hehehe

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bones, I think it was Sam that Mackers was talking about. But thanks for trying to make me look good :rolleyes: Thought you played great in the pipes especially considering you couldn't move the day before. Those must be some good drugs you're on.

We would have won but the reffing sucked ;) Oops, I forgot that Rene reads these pages... just kidding Rene. Glad we made you run a little bit even though most of the play was in our end. Should be some good games at David Lam this weekend... if the rain holds off and also looking forward to seeing the playoff between Royal and Sign.

Have a good summer everyone!!

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mickster said:
Bones, I think it was Sam that Mackers was talking about. But thanks for trying to make me look good :rolleyes:

We would have won but the reffing sucked ;) Oops, I forgot that Rene reads these pages... just kidding Rene.

Have a good summer everyone!!

Dont worry Mickster... Mackers is gettin old he cant see very well anymore.
Mackers didnt even know how many players were on the field..

I noticed you were #5 and Sam #21 was the fella taking his time Stretching for 10 minutes while you guys were playing with 8 guys.

Deucy :D :D :D

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Words of wisdom for me? Very curious. I haven't had any constructive critisism for any refs lately. (especially not Rene the Ref)

Signmaster/Royal tilt should be a great match. What a way to fight for promo.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Deucy, wow you really were paying attention!!

Therapist.... looks like your drunken rants are getting you in trouble again :D

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signmaster/Royal tilt should be a great match. What a way to fight for promo.[/QUOTE]

yes it should be a great match therapist....but the skill of royal united will come out and beat signmaster ...but either of these teams will get slaughtered in Div 1 next year...they are no way near capable of playing in that division...but go royals go...go and shytkick those signmaster punks

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mickster said:
Therapist.... looks like your drunken rants are getting you in trouble again :D
See what happens when you remove your disclaimer Therapist... What happened to your "I Drink Then I Post" signature?

This Bud's 4 You said:
...but either of these teams will get slaughtered in Div 1 next year...
Someone in an earlier thread said that Signmaster was not interested in going up but in our game Monday, the stands were well represented by the boyz of David Lam and they were definitely not rooting for the Royal team.
Either team will naturally have to make changes but it will be interesting to see what comes up in the AGM and the natural course of mitosis/morphing of teams. As for the their deciding game, it is too close to call. Royals speed up front will be contained by the Signmaster backline. Signmaster's long balls will give Royal's backline some problems as Royals creativity in the middle of park will limit(possession) Signmaster's opportunities.
Last year saw some significant changes in Div1. and Div 2 really needs a rework. Perhaps a super division of more teams with only 1 match head to head and an amalgamation of CAT Teams into the non-CAT groups(Is CAT the "impossible dream") with the re-establishment of a much needed Div 3.(Div2 was way more competetive 5-6yrs ago).

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Alemania and Binger Army on to First Div. next year and the other team to go:

They played today at Mercer Park

Regulation time: Royal United 0 Singmasters 0
OT Royal United 0 Signmasters 0
PK's Royal United 5 Signmasters 6

Signmasters to First Division, but the rumour is that they don't wanna play in first div. and will sale the spot :rolleyes: What a waste

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gerry Herdenson said:
Signmasters to First Division, but the rumour is that they don't wanna play in first div. and will sale the spot :rolleyes: What a waste

This does not compute.
Why would you win promo then give it up?
Maybe for pride
But, if it is for cash, I don't think the league will allow this.
A few years back Bingers tried to give up their promo and the league refused.
BTW: Technically, you are not allow to sell your spot <<nug, nug, wink, wink>> :eek:
IMHO: Signmaster should take a try a div 1 and you never know, they could stay there for awhile.

Vinnie

Overrated

Mar 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somehow Signmaster were able to pull off an upset win in penalty shots against a strong Royal United.

To quickly answer a couple of questions.....

Please call me if you are interested in playing div. 1, i personally am not.

So as not to speak out of place..... I do not believe we, Signmaster, are interested in moving up to Div. 1. We have not practiced in at least three years and we don't plan on starting now. We plan to get fatter and slower by the start of next season, and we sure won't be any younger.

The question above as to why win..... All of our players were given plenty of minutes through out the season and yesterday was no exception. We are a social team but all of our guys play to win. With this in mind, we provide playing time for all of our guys as a social team should. We would never intentionally forfeit or give up, a game is a game and one should always try and win.

Looking forward to another year in Div 2, as mentioned before give me a call if your interested in moving up

Cheers

Signmaster player

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Signmaster. Twice in a row to shootouts vs Royal.

Will agree with Overrated in that when you step on the field you play to win and if that means winning your division then so be it. The league does not look highly of teams refusing promotion but at the end of the day I don't think they have anything written in stone saying you must go up or there is a penalty...

The beauty of it all is that Signmaster could sell their spot (wink wink) to the team they just beat twice in a shootout. If that's not rubbing their noses in it...

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't want to start a landslide of negativity but NK is more than willing to take that spot and The Watcher can guarantee that NK will not come right back down if they do. The league rules are not exactly written in stone so anything is possible. Hrvat is definately on an upswing and they are planning on getting better not worse. Alot of things can happen between now and then however, and they're first priority is to attempt the double (league/provincials). So if anybody from Signmaster is listening, drop me a line. You can find me in the VMSL directory.

P.S. Why is Signmaster beating Royal an upset? Are they not in fact at least a little better?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't Nk finish 7th out of 10 teams in there div 2 division. I agree after a nice cup run like that you guys should be in div 1 :rolleyes: . From the look of your teams victory photos it's the bad news bears play div 2 soccer.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever happened to McDirty????

I assume by the silence on this thread that McDirty is either:
a. suspended still.
b. injured.
c. left town.
d. moved to Cornwall Street as a cub reporter for the Cornwall Times.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume that your nickname on this thread is derived from the only two things that ever leave your mouth BULL and JIVE. Now were not even going to talk about what enters your mouth. Just hope you don't have to face THE BAD NEWS BEARS in the tourney. Remember they ended up champs.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately NK would be demoted faster than the Primos...............well maybe not that fast, but they would. (with the current lineup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0