Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - March-April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with Teelay you need all those things. Going from div 2 to div1 is a jump, speaking from experience....anyone telling you otherwise is on drugs. There is so much disparity in div2 whether you're in Cat or 2 A,B,C, etc determining whether one team is shite from pool to pool is tough (thank goodness for cup games), jumping to div1 is pretty tough unless you have experienced it or have players with experience. :D

bukkakemon thanks for your PMS rant and bringing all of us back to take the piss.

-Hummer
needanotherdrink...out :knvb:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Gerry our team always has trouble fielding a team on Sat. Most of us work that day and not everyone was able to get that day off vs the Ravens. I'm pissed for this weekend because the only option was forfeit and we had made plans for the Friday game since that is what was posted originally. Then it gets changed like I said and we have to forfeit. Also sad part is I'm usually the first or one of the first there so your last comment is moot.

Hey Bukkakemon whatever keep hoping you guys will someday make it to div.1. As for your comments I've never said we should win every game and yes we've had crap officiating. I've stated numerous times that games between us and other teams should have been closer or that scores aren't indicative of the games but if we can't finish our dinner then whatever they look ugly. I'm surprised you even care what I write you flake. Anyways I don't even give a shite anymore, at the end you are an amateur soccer player just like I, feel proud if you think you are something great especially since you play in the same div as this plumber :eek: . I better stop now because if you are that James kid you might try and beat me up and then hide behind the bigger guys on your team.

One last thing it seems that you have had the pleasure of warming benches in div. 1 maybe that's why you think you are a stud in div.2? I'd rather play be it in whatever div for whatever team then go sit on a bench in div.1 which it seems you have.

Once again you guys are goons. Have a nice day!!

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals defeated Cleo's FC either 4-1 or 3-1. .....Any news on the Signmaster vs. Richmond match???

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
tiger said:
Royals defeated Cleo's FC either 4-1 or 3-1. .....Any news on the Signmaster vs. Richmond match???

Tiger, Signmaster lost 2-1..............

Alemania Aldo, you're welcome........We 5-series driving, frappaccino-swilling , condo-living Renaissance men drew nil-nil against those swarthy pretenders to the throne, Shaheen. Our fake-suntanned, enhanced-breast Paris Hilton-lookalike girlfriends jumped for joy in their Manolo Blahniks. My Farsi is a little rusty, but the berating they were giving each other at the end of the match was universal, and needed no translation. Their robes flowed more than their football today, though their chances against us were about as strong as Socceroos' witless comebacks. Should anyone from Alemania wish to come and buy the team beers tonight, we're at our clubhouse (the Soho) from 7.30........

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Tiger,

Richmond FC 2 Signmaster 0

They (Signmaster) had only 10 players for most of the game. Their 11th showed up midway through the second when the score was 1-0. They pushed hard at the end but our centre mid buried one in the bottom corner off of a nice cross to the far post, and that finished them. If they had had better numbers they might have won, but having played Royal United twice already this season I'd have to say that they are the better team. I couldn't see Signmaster in Div. 1 frankly. I guess when you guys play each other on Sunday that will be confirmed one way or the other.Cheers.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well,i was hoping for a mean nothing game on sunday against ze germans however thanks to the yaletown crew,that aint gonna happen.Alemania is promoted with wins vs the fury and ravens.looks like we get to play spoiler!!
ruins my plans for a nice 10 hour day at the closing of the barnet :mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm fcuking shitfaced but I have to say one thing............

I watched, probably, one of the worst football games ever on Kensington Park today. No, it wasn't the Blaze/Westside which was mince, or the Sapperton/Westside, which was average for a premier game BUT a division two epic battle between the Ravens and Westside. It was FUKCING horrible but entertaining. Top notch goal-tending, top-notch defending, and of course top-notch finishing. I honestly thought I was watching 10 Alberts out there. It was entertaining, I must say, but in terms of football, I can only assume they were at the bottom of the league. :-@

Anyway, great stuff, lads, especially the post game cheer. God bless all of you and Tiocfaidh Ar La.

On Sunday, it is not only Easter Sunday but it is a day to celebrate all the brave Irishmen who fought to gain independence.

Tiocfaidh Ar La.

Hail Hail

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being an ex Cman ( I guess we all are if you think about ;) ) I can imagine what you have witnessed Shamrock. Being as hammered as you are you must have gotten into Fletch's extremely well stocked cooler. I'll have to ring him up for the lowdown

Bomb A sadly lost to a Nomads squad with a whole lot more pace and desire. The lads tied it at 2 only to give one up within about 4 minutes and another on the Springbok's mistake. Hopefully they can regain some pride against B United on Sunday. Hopefully the monsoon will cease as well.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
rikashay said:
well,i was hoping for a mean nothing game on sunday against ze germans however thanks to the yaletown crew,that aint gonna happen.Alemania is promoted with wins vs the fury and ravens.looks like we get to play spoiler!!
ruins my plans for a nice 10 hour day at the closing of the barnet :mad:
The Yaletown/Shaheen game was definitely our best defensive performance of the year, and if weren't such a choker, we might have even bagged one on several counterattacks in the second half. All in all, 0:0 is a fair result since neither side created many chances, and certainly no quality ones. Shaheen had a lot of corners, but we seem to actually have learned how to defend those a bit, and they didn't really trouble us.
Since Champlain forfeited our game on Sunday, we figured that we might as well watch a game instead. Unfortunately, there weren't any scheduled, so we decided to create one by taking points off Shaheen :wa:
So, if the weather isn't complete bollocks, you might be treated to a gaggle of latte-sippin' metrosexuals on the sidelines at Kensington Park tomorrow :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Billy Boy. With a moniker like that, you're one to talk. I didn't realise every thread on the site is about soccer. My mistake.

Tiocfaidh Ar La

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner said:
Rumour has Nomads is using "illegal" players. :confused:

I wouldn't pay that any mind shriner. I played summer ball with those guys - saw a game of theirs a couple of weeks back - same guys. Someone's just stirring up shite.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner said:
Rumour has Nomads is using "illegal" players. :confused:

The ref checked their cards as well as ours- I guess that's all you can ask for, although a good likeness and an uncaring/blind ref can result in some identity issues. Ultimately, they weren't that amazing, we were just quite shitty so who the fcuk knows.

OLDANDACHINGMAN

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played on their youth team last year and I was talking to a player who still plays on their U-21 team that b/c of "internal " fighting and about 10 players quiting during the break, that they do tend to stick in a ringer or 2. Whether this is true or not, I cannot say, I have never seen them play this year and do not know who they have. It's just a rumour

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner said:
I played on their youth team last year[/QUOTE

Shriner,

They didn't have a youth team last year. The Nomads started a 2cat team and U21 team this year for the first time. I played on their div2 team in past years and remember beating Bombastic on a regular basis, no ringers required. I no longer play for them so don't really care, but felt that I needed to respond because this rumour that you are insistent on keeping out there is complete crap.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard from a reliable and unnamed source (o.k., it was Yomama so make that unreliable and named) that they had Michael Owen play for them using someone's card. The ref didn't notice he wasn't a 6' 110lb Afghani with the name Buyit Aziz.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank Yomama for that info Dapotayto. I stand corrected. But you can't blame the Nomads. I mean the pressure of having to face such an elite squad as Bombastic might make many of us.... who am I kidding.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alemania 3-1 Burnaby Fury

I figured that this match would be a good one since we threw Alemania a lifeline by earning a draw with Shaheen on Friday. I certainly wasn't disappointed, and Fury gave it 100% even though they were just playing for honor. Alemania led 1-0 at the half, put another one in on a play from a short corner (no defender on Alemania's right winger, who is their best player by far :rolleyes: ). Fury pulled one back through a well-deserved and executed penalty, and Alemania finally put it away on a breakaway 10 minutes from time.
It was a very tight match, and Burnaby definitely had more quality chances than Alemania, but their strikers were unable to convert a few one-on-ones with the keeper. Congrats to Alemania, and if they beat the Ravens next week we'll have our revenge on Shaheen for knocking us out of the cup :wa:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Oggy it is no surprise that they have a chance at taking first. I said earlier this year that Alemania is the best team we've played this year. They are strong in every department but what do I know I suck and so does my team so I have no opinion. Anyways hopefully they can pull it off because out of the top 5 teams in our group I feel they can handle themselves the best in div 1, if they choose to go that is.

Alright Bandcamp, rikashay, bukkakemon and others let me hear it :rolleyes: . Tell me to shut up and no they are not the best and that I know nothing. ;) Good luck to you all next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0