Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - March-April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman said:
It was in a cat game at David Lam-not at the beach-as we weren't in your division at the beach. You get to the finals at a 5 aside beach tourney-mighty impressive-who fcukin' cares. The fact is your team played like goons there as well. Any fcukwit can take a run at someone in any game. That doesn't take talent-just a whole lot of schoolyard bravado. Go back to the playground.

Arnie says:"' Don't be a Girlieman""

Flash20

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
why doesnt anybody ever talk about royal united.....couple games left in the season and still hoping for that first place position and a spot in div 1..

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flash20 said:
is it because nobody knows anythin about them?

The only teams in 2A who have people that post are JimBeam and Richmond and from the sounds of your posts...Royal U. That and the fact that you are a new team that has no history/rivalries. Does this answer your question?

Don't worry, I am sure your mom loves you tons... :D

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nonetheless, the "Royals vs. Signmaster" battle will "hopefully" come to an end this weekend... assuming that one team performs well, and the other doesn't! ....maybe then the cup can resume play!

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy, quotes" While Shaheen has performed the best in 2C so far, I can't really see them having much fun in Div. 1 with their current squad. I think Alemania, Fury, and Belmont would all have more of a fighting chance in the upper tier than Shaheen." :confused:

Belmont is a very quick closing team with a few guys who like to get stuck in, but other than that, they lack skill....sorry but that's the truth. I watched them play and they had good fitness, but most Div 1 teams are fit, however, without skill you're not going far.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed - we lack the necessary skill to make the jump up and thankfully we have not gone and won the division :) Most of us have played at least div 1 before and know the difference. We're not interested in making the move only to have to add 5-6 bodies to compete - it's a different team then. I like the way we play and know that we're not that fun to play against and MOST div 2 teams don't have the skill to pass around our hard work. Not the case in div 1...

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Agreed - we lack the necessary skill to make the jump up and thankfully we have not gone and won the division :) Most of us have played at least div 1 before and know the difference. We're not interested in making the move only to have to add 5-6 bodies to compete - it's a different team then.

couldn't have said it better.EVERY team in div 2 this year would be crushed without making 3 or 4 changes before going up to div 1.Take a look at what happenned to primos this year which in my opinion was a pretty good team last year.one win so far...(1 better than the old boys in yellow and black :D )not to mention what the fury went thru last season when they did exactly that bandy,kept the team together.The only exception that i can think of recently would be cliff ave but anyone who knows these guys would tell you they were a div 1 caliber team playing and winning div 2 every year then ditching their spot...also the blaze who we had some good battles with last year(not sure what changes if any but they are handling their own)

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
rikashay said:
EVERY team in div 2 this year would be crushed without making 3 or 4 changes before going up to div 1.
I can't argue with you guys, and any promoted Div. 2 side would need some serious ringers if they wanted to avoid being dropped right back down. However, I think that Belmont, Fury, and Alemania's defenses would at least be able to minimize damage in Div.1, and Shaheen would be sucking up 4-5 goals a match, minimum. I'm going by personal experience, and while we struggled to put together too many chances against those three sides (the second half against Fury excepted ;) ), we had 6-7 sitters against Shaheen. While we choked and were only able to convert one and hit a few posts, any Div. 1 side would certainly bury all of those opportunities.
Perhaps Shaheen realizes this, and are now doing their best to bail on the number one spot, which is the only explanation I can come up with for their 2-2 draw with Westside last weekend. Perhaps they'll bang in a few own goals against us tomorrow, as well. :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Oggy and crew good luck with Shaheen on Friday and try to get 6 of the 6 possible points...you already have 3. Stupid f'n league and their b.s. They switch us from Friday, which we saw last week as a proposed date and all made plans for that day, to Sunday and now we can't field a team and the only option is forfeit. Sorry guys but I'm sure you won't mind the rest and avoiding 2 games in 2 days. Good luck.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I doubt Shaheen would throw their games to avoid promotion. In fact I think it's most likely that their result against the C-men last weekend was due to players missing for Persian New Year.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
rikashay said:
couldn't have said it better.EVERY team in div 2 this year would be crushed without making 3 or 4 changes before going up to div 1.Take a look at what happenned to primos this year which in my opinion was a pretty good team last year.one win so far...(1 better than the old boys in yellow and black :D )not to mention what the fury went thru last season when they did exactly that bandy,kept the team together.The only exception that i can think of recently would be cliff ave but anyone who knows these guys would tell you they were a div 1 caliber team playing and winning div 2 every year then ditching their spot...also the blaze who we had some good battles with last year(not sure what changes if any but they are handling their own)

WFC Rangers "A" in div 2C last year.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
Well Oggy and crew good luck with Shaheen on Friday and try to get 6 of the 6 possible points...you already have 3. Stupid f'n league and their b.s. They switch us from Friday, which we saw last week as a proposed date and all made plans for that day, to Sunday and now we can't field a team and the only option is forfeit. Sorry guys but I'm sure you won't mind the rest and avoiding 2 games in 2 days. Good luck.
Champkeep,
It's too bad the league changed the days. We had games scheduled at those times anyway, so it didn't affect us too much, and we'll probably have exactly 11 on Sunday. If it's clear that there is no way you'll have a team on Sunday, could you let the league know so they can post it on The Excellent Site? If it's official, then we won't bother coming out on Sunday and setting up the pitch (another "home" game far from our home ground). Thanks, and hopefully we'll get another match with whatever team you're on next year.

-oggy

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did let the league know from what I understand. I'm just informing you that our coach said we have forfeited the last match, which like I said sucks because we would have had a team apparently for the Friday match which was originally the case. Anyways good luck to all and I won't be playing against you Oggy next year unfortunately. I'm making the jump over to the valley next year since I live in Coquitlam.

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
What ever happened to the abandoned game between Alemania and Ravens. It would suck for Alemania if that game plays a role in terms of promotion chances for Alemania. Was there a verdict by the VMSL on that game that I can't seem to recall or will they replay it. If I'm on Alemania and let's say after Sunday they win both and Shaheen drops points to Yaletown I'd be pissed off. Ravens are goons, end of story.

obviously your stupid ass thinks that it was us who caused the abandonment, but in fact it was quite the opposite. after playing 2 clean games against your shite team you come out and call us goons. just like you would have won every game this season if it wasn't for the refs, bad goaltending, or whatever or whoever you consistantly blame your shortcomings on week after week. your game recaps are a joke. you're a joke. and your goaltending is obviously a joke, too. otherwise you would have been playing instead of your keeper who you say lets in shitty goals week after week. let me guess...if you were in goal all year you would have had 10 clean sheets and be fighting with shaheen for promo. it's too bad about you guys not being able to field a team on sun, because i was looking forward to reading your excellent game recap and your reasons for losing the game 7-nil.
"we could have won but we missed 2 sitters early on, then our keeper dropped a cross that I would have had...." save it for next year when you're
warming the bench in div3 fraser valley. your name should be 'chamlain's btich', because your team won't play you in goal and that's all you are.

on a nicer note, good luck to all left in cup and congrats to all teams promoted. any team moving up and looking for a 3rd or 4th string keeper/ waterbtich, it sounds like champlain's btich might be available. warming the bench in div 1 vmsl is a lot more prestigious than warming the bench in div3 fvsl. end of story. :D

bukkakemon

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
you already have 3. Stupid f'n league and their b.s. They switch us from Friday, which we saw last week as a proposed date and all made plans for that day, to Sunday and now we can't field a team and the only option is forfeit.

This excuse is moot, where were you when your team played Ravens? (and that was on Feb 5th, 2005) your team only showed up with 9 players and later in the game another one arrived. And you call "F'n league and their b.s.. Sorry Chamkeeper, but to me you and your teammates did not want to show up at games from long time ago.

Champlain's Keeper said:
We did let the league know from what I understand. I'm just informing you that our coach said we have forfeited the last match, which like I said sucks because we would have had a team apparently for the Friday match which was originally the case. Anyways good luck to all and I won't be playing against you Oggy next year unfortunately. I'm making the jump over to the valley next year since I live in Coquitlam.

Maybe by being close you can arrive on time for the games.

Good luck to you in the RECYCLING Valley

:D :D :D

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take it from me, I'm on the Primos and for the most part we got totally outclassed in Div 1 this year even after putting in a respectable showing last year. If you're going up to Division 1 from Division 2, you need 4 important things: 1. SWAGGER (confidence) - it goes a long way. 2. SKILL - can't win in Div 1 without skill. Hard work and fitness will get you respect, but not wins. 3. DEFENCE - in Div 2, you can get away with sloppy defesive play and allow 1 or 2 "soft" goals a game, but no way you can get away with that in Div 1. PLaying a 4 man defensive line doesn't cut it in Div 1 - you need 11 guys playing defence. 4. BODIES - Unless you totally walk away with Division 2, like the Blaze did last year, you'll need to add numbers and a couple of bodies to make it in Div 1.

Those are basically my impressions on the main differences between the 2 leagues. We definitely failed in 3 of those categories I mentioned (confidence, lack of defence and bodies). Good luck to all those who move up ... but as for the Primos, we're coming down, probably with a different looking team than last year. Looking forward to it.... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0