Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello guys,
Two interesting results on the weekend. Greencaps loses to GN 2-3. This confirms our prior predictions that the men in Green will not be contenders for promotion. In fact, Greencaps is now in the middle of the table when it comes to points per game ratio. My condolences to the men in Green, perhaps you have better luck next year in Division 2.

Norvan Viking Storm 0 - Campo Atletico 0. A very interesting and exciting game, which was well refereed. The result helps tremendously GN. A report on this thrilling game to follow. I do not know how the Norvan guys feel, but I assume that they too would satisfied with a night of soccer like this even though the just managed to tie the "underdogs".

Or should I start to phase out this term.... ehem... GN tied on the last minute, the Greencaps lost convincingly 2-1, and now Norvan escapes with 0-0 tie (1st,2nd, and 3rd places with games in hand). Are some of you ready to accept that indeed Campo has reorganized and turned things for the better? or are you guys sticking to your predictions and desires that Camp belongs to the bottom of the table?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Viking Storm 0 - Campo Atletico 0

The clash of two ways of seeing football, society and life, which perhaps ends up with an eloquent 0-0.

When most people step onto the field or watch a football game only see the literal meaning of the events. Twenty two people running around after a ball and one man in the middle adjudicating. Nothing more or nothing less.

However, there is so much more in a football game, and perhaps this is why is has been played for so many men across the globe and for more than a century. The field is an arena where permeating philosophical and moral ideals and arguments take place in more physical sense.

In Division 2A the game between Norvan and Campo is the battle of two ideas of how the game should be played and who should play the game.

When Norvan stepped on to the pitch and Campo followed, it is not possible for an acute observer to notice the difference. The Norvan players that entered the field where in the majority tall, athletic, strong, proud, confident (i.e perhaps on the overconfident side), and almost exclusively of a certain ancestry (i.e Northern European).

The Campo players where completely different. They were from all heights, conditions (athletic and not so athletic; well built and not so well built), some humble and others not, and from very diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. From Japan, to the Middle East, to Southern Europe to the American continent.

Those two teams are not random. They came to be this way because they are the result of a selections process which believe that football should be played by different people and in different ways. This struggle has been with us since the game left the UK.

One hand, there is the view that the ideal football player is tall, athletic, strong, fit and fast, and therefore will outplay those who do not possess those characteristics. This view also usually is tied with the view that the players should be organized in symmetrical manner, at a high tempo, and with mainly on the aerial attacks. The team is above the player.

On the other hand, there are those who believe that those ideas are elitist and exclusionary. The football game can be played by everyone and those who lack in one or two areas can compensate by excelling on other areas. The game can be played at different tempos, attacks should be varied, and players should be given room for creativity and self expression. A balance between individual and collective play where both are important. The player can be above autonomous, and more importantly players from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life can come to work together in an harmounious manner.

These clashes happen everywhere and at every level. This time happened to be in this particular game, which turned out to be quite exciting.

Campo started with the upper hand. For the first few minutes, Campo was able to keep up possession almost without challenge. Good passes on the ground, and switches of the ball combined with individual one on one batlles. The first goal opportunity came in the first five minutes. One of our winger beat the midfielder, and then the defender. A pass back on the ground, but the striker missed good contact with the ball, and the ball went wide. Norvan coaches and players seemed worried and rallying the troops. They do battle hard.

As time went by, Norvan started to make the game more balanced. The ball started to get to their attacking third more often. This happened mainly aerially. A strong kick by the goalie or the side back, and then chested or headed down, to a subsequent pass or an attempt to shot in net. They are good at this, but we had prepared for them. No real threats to our net.

About half time, our Brazilian forward receives the ball. Puts the ball between the midfielder, dribbles one center back, a gambeta to the second center back, who is desperately chasing him. The keeper comes out, and he chips the ball over. We start to celebrate, but the ball just manages to scratch the post.

The second half start and we make substitutions. They start to press with heavy numbers, so their back line becomes very vulnerable, sometimes to the point that we have 4 on 4 or 3 on 3. For some reason, they tried to soffacate the build ups on the ground, but they pay a price for it, as many attacks are very dangerouns. Our young Central American forward, out runs the winger, another gambeta to the central back, who passes by flying. A one on one with the keeper. Powerful shot to the low back post, but the goalie dives and deflects and the second forward can not touch it.

This is not to say that they did not had chances. A free kick in front of the box. Very well executed, and the ball goes less than half a foot of the top right corner. They also had a very good cross that the forward chested down to the ground and by mere luck our defender manage to slide and put the foot, otherwise, it was a goal. They also had a very dangerous 4 vs 2 situation, which I really do not now why they squandered with a gentle shot to the chest of the keeper.

One minute to the end of the game and Campo continues to press. A well organized attack and the keeper comes out to clear it, but the ball goes to our midfielder. A direct shot from half line into the net. The ball on the air, it goes above the diving keeper, and goes wide by less than half a meter, but Campo managed to get one more chance. This time we do the cross to the far post. The ball is chested down on to the feet. One on one with the keeper, but the defenders slides perfectly and saves the game for Norvan.

The big winner of the day is football. And the eternal battle of who is capable of playing the game and how it should be played continues...

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Omigod. So, I figure most times Viking Storm play Bowen Island they win by 3 or 4 goals. We caught them on an off day in the NSSL Sportsmen's league last summer and on a day when we had one of or best squads on the pitch. Got up on them early and they kind of collapsed. Summer soccer after all. Boners 8, Viking Storm 0. Thing is this is rec soccer, even in Div. 2, with teams fielding strong squads some days and weaker ones on others. When have our best 11 guys and we can compete with a lot of Div. 2 teams. When, as usual, we only have 6 or 7 of those guys and have to go to our much weaker bench, we can even struggle against mid table Div. 3 sides. I figure if Campo's boys had beaten Viking Storm 8-0 he'd have written the freaking Illiad...we know that in the VMSL in the lower divisions you just don't know a lot of times what is gonna happen. That is why you gotta be humble about the wins.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The clash of two ways of seeing football, society and life, which perhaps ends up with an eloquent 0-0.

When most people step onto the field or watch a football game only see the literal meaning of the events. Twenty two people running around after a ball and one man in the middle adjudicating. Nothing more or nothing less.

However, there is so much more in a football game, and perhaps this is why is has been played for so many men across the globe and for more than a century. The field is an arena where permeating philosophical and moral ideals and arguments take place in more physical sense.

In Division 2A the game between Norvan and Campo is the battle of two ideas of how the game should be played and who should play the game.

When Norvan stepped on to the pitch and Campo followed, it is not possible for an acute observer to notice the difference. The Norvan players that entered the field where in the majority tall, athletic, strong, proud, confident (i.e perhaps on the overconfident side), and almost exclusively of a certain ancestry (i.e Northern European).

The Campo players where completely different. They were from all heights, conditions (athletic and not so athletic; well built and not so well built), some humble and others not, and from very diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. From Japan, to the Middle East, to Southern Europe to the American continent.

Those two teams are not random. They came to be this way because they are the result of a selections process which believe that football should be played by different people and in different ways. This struggle has been with us since the game left the UK.

One hand, there is the view that the ideal football player is tall, athletic, strong, fit and fast, and therefore will outplay those who do not possess those characteristics. This view also usually is tied with the view that the players should be organized in symmetrical manner, at a high tempo, and with mainly on the aerial attacks. The team is above the player.

On the other hand, there are those who believe that those ideas are elitist and exclusionary. The football game can be played by everyone and those who lack in one or two areas can compensate by excelling on other areas. The game can be played at different tempos, attacks should be varied, and players should be given room for creativity and self expression. A balance between individual and collective play where both are important. The player can be above autonomous, and more importantly players from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life can come to work together in an harmounious manner.

These clashes happen everywhere and at every level. This time happened to be in this particular game, which turned out to be quite exciting.

Campo started with the upper hand. For the first few minutes, Campo was able to keep up possession almost without challenge. Good passes on the ground, and switches of the ball combined with individual one on one batlles. The first goal opportunity came in the first five minutes. One of our winger beat the midfielder, and then the defender. A pass back on the ground, but the striker missed good contact with the ball, and the ball went wide. Norvan coaches and players seemed worried and rallying the troops. They do battle hard.

As time went by, Norvan started to make the game more balanced. The ball started to get to their attacking third more often. This happened mainly aerially. A strong kick by the goalie or the side back, and then chested or headed down, to a subsequent pass or an attempt to shot in net. They are good at this, but we had prepared for them. No real threats to our net.

About half time, our Brazilian forward receives the ball. Puts the ball between the midfielder, dribbles one center back, a gambeta to the second center back, who is desperately chasing him. The keeper comes out, and he chips the ball over. We start to celebrate, but the ball just manages to scratch the post.

The second half start and we make substitutions. They start to press with heavy numbers, so their back line becomes very vulnerable, sometimes to the point that we have 4 on 4 or 3 on 3. For some reason, they tried to soffacate the build ups on the ground, but they pay a price for it, as many attacks are very dangerouns. Our young Central American forward, out runs the winger, another gambeta to the central back, who passes by flying. A one on one with the keeper. Powerful shot to the low back post, but the goalie dives and deflects and the second forward can not touch it.

This is not to say that they did not had chances. A free kick in front of the box. Very well executed, and the ball goes less than half a foot of the top right corner. They also had a very good cross that the forward chested down to the ground and by mere luck our defender manage to slide and put the foot, otherwise, it was a goal. They also had a very dangerous 4 vs 2 situation, which I really do not now why they squandered with a gentle shot to the chest of the keeper.

One minute to the end of the game and Campo continues to press. A well organized attack and the keeper comes out to clear it, but the ball goes to our midfielder. A direct shot from half line into the net. The ball on the air, it goes above the diving keeper, and goes wide by less than half a meter, but Campo managed to get one more chance. This time we do the cross to the far post. The ball is chested down on to the feet. One on one with the keeper, but the defenders slides perfectly and saves the game for Norvan.

The big winner of the day is football. And the eternal battle of who is capable of playing the game and how it should be played continues...
My eyes are bleeding from reading this load of bollocks
I am now off to get some Tylenol
If Campocrapo ever get to Div 1
We will all never here the end of it

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach probably gets my award for most annoying poster on a message board (including all other non-soccer forums I browse).

I'm expecting a poem next week on Campo's eloquent style of gameplay and how they can compete in the EPL as underdogs.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Soccer Coach, I know you love talking about your attacking prowess, but aren't you guys one of the lowest goalscorers in the entire division?
1) I understand that people are very reluctant to wake up from collective hallucinations. However, I did not expect that some would go to the extent of creating new accounts, spend time defacing logos, and actively spreading rumours. I guess there is little tolerance for diverse opinions, and some egos must be really hurt by words.

2) To answer your question, Macho Man. It is an issue of simple math. In the league, it is the same 5-4, 10-9, than 1-0. Rules for relegation and promotion do not count for goal differential. Out team has COMPARATIVELY the MOST EFFECTIVE defense in the entire division 2, division 1, and Premier with only 4 goals conceded (one to GN, one to Greencaps, and two to Snipers-one keeper error). This season we started to reorganize the team. You do this sequentially, first the defense, then the midfield, then the attack.
I am blessed to have very intelligent defenders who understand well strategy and tactics and are also talented.

In addition it is a bit cultural, since we have strong influence from Italian soccer, and defense preparation is considered very important in this particular way of seeing the game. It is not everyone's taste but it is working for us.
In summary, Macho Man, I might mention more the attackers, but I feel the most proud of the defenders/holding midfielders as they pour their heart every game, and as I said are very intelligent. It is hard to find players who understand systems and can adapt to situations on the go, and these boys do a very fine task, and on top of it they are keen to do build ups.

4) I went to see the field of Meraloma and it is in very bad condition. It looks more like a rugby field. Has anyone played there?

5) Big game this weekend between GN and Norvan. I really hope that Norvan wins or ties, but my feeling is that GN should win. I found GN more dangerous than Norvan (by far).

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach said:

While I like my amateur football too, and look forward to the weekly competitions for energy, diversion and enjoyment, I would have to say you have lost the plot when you go off on what I consider a baseless, flowery erroneous tract and make the above quoted statement. As a player and manager for Norvan teams over several years, I know we have had players from all walks of life, creeds and color. I will give you that it is not random in the sense that the team and its staff pull primarily from a North Vancouver associated pool which has a demographic that is different from other municipalities. To call it anything else is...well... "Base-less".

At any rate, you are one hell of a roll with your TTP commentary and are attracting fans from around the footballing world I am sure. Best of luck.

IlluminatiOut

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
pretty awesome management how Soccer Coach has all of the teams that browse this board gunning for him and his team now

maybe in their culture they play better under that kind of pressure?

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach probably lost his shot at playing Division 6 soccer in Italy and is now living vicariously thru his Campo players who seem to be the most diverse group put together in the history of soccer.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was totally thinking of @bonefish when I read this the first time.

:)
I had the pleasure of coaching vs Bonfish Norvan team 15 years ago
He had a great will to win for his team his posts on TTP were always Intelligent never annoying
We are need of Polska and the Captain on this thread
Reg can you wake them up
I know soccer coach is not Italian
Just a headache.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say what you will about Soccer Coach (seriously the guy deserves everything he gets hahaha), but he's definitely got this place as lively as its been in years.

He's brought the P back to TTP...

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
FARQUE-------Finally got to meet 'the Macedonian ref' though and if that's what $70 gets you then fcuk me that is criminal. Without a doubt the worst referee performance Ive ever seen right from the first whistle .[/QUOTE]

Are you quality footballer?What do you know about the laws of the game , as the referee's call it ?...blame the referee when the going gets tough and you cant take/face reality . What is criminal is paying a referee $70 to get yelled at by players who nothing about the rules for 90 minutes without linesmen. "then fcuk you that is criminal"

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
FARQUE-------Finally got to meet 'the Macedonian ref' though and if that's what $70 gets you then fcuk me that is criminal. Without a doubt the worst referee performance Ive ever seen right from the first whistle .

Are you quality footballer?What do you know about the laws of the game , as the referee's call it ?...blame the referee when the going gets tough and you cant take/face reality . What is criminal is paying a referee $70 to get yelled at by players who nothing about the rules for 90 minutes without linesmen. "then fcuk you that is criminal"

Am I a quality footballer? No. What do I know about the laws of the game? I'm sorry to say this, as it kind of ruins your horrible assumptions that followed but yes I do actually know the rules. Sorry about that.

You're not the referee in question are you or his wife? If so maybe we can arrange some sort of refund? That would be great thanks.

Big E

Nov 8, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another amazing run by our big'ol beauty bunch.

Before my soccer coach posts 1,000 words on yet another draw, let me save you the trouble.

1-1 campo vs meraloma. We scored 1 goal (our max as youll see in the stats) they equaled with 1.

We are amazing.
Now for coaches version! Go boss!

Big E!
New. Day Rocks.

Arch

Sep 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides the campo love/hate relationship we have going, does anybody know what the result was in the Rino vs United game. Both good teams with United looking to upset the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0