Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo have emerged as favourites for promotion. They have the easiest schedule of any team mathematically in the race. Only two of their 7 remaining games are against top five opponents. At this point it would be considered a massive disappointment and failure if they were to not win the division.

It would be nice to see Tanoa be relegated.
I agree that it would be a nice ending that Tanoa is relegated given the practice of paying players, bringing Premier players and whole attitude of taking for granted the division and feeling superior to rest of teams without working at it.

I would disagree with you with respect to the road ahead. Campo has on its way the Cerberus of Division 2A (i.e. Greencaps, Norvan, and Meraloma). Those three teams are very difficult to beat if not impossible to do so in a row. We are hopeful and glad to have the chance, but it will be a very difficult task.

"At this point it would be considered a massive disappointment and failure if they were to not win the division."
For whom? Our Meraloma/Astro/Greencaps/Norvan fans?

The season has already gone beyond expectations with very memorable moments (i.e. Macho Man and his cancanchanes having to retreat the ball from the net 7 times and not scoring once, GN scrambling to equalize and against the ropes in two games, the crushing of the Snipers, avenging previous defeats from Farquea's team, etc) . All these experiences have made the season a success already given that Campo barely survived relegation last time.

Fortunate, Campo players are very seasoned and experienced, and knowing many of the guys for several years now; I can share with you that they thrive under pressure.

It will be an interesting end of the season. Wide open with no clear favourite from my perspective (even though Campo is playing well). Every weekend things will change until the very last game.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My prediction: (and judging from the Pickem results...I'm bound to be wrong!)
NV
Campo
Snipers
GN
Meraloma

Lomas and GN must have the hardest schedule to win out to get promoted. Unlikely.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 0 - Greencaps 1
A very competitive and entertaining match. Meraloma pressed hard and the green back line was working like a donkey. But defenders survived the runs, crosses, and shots. You could feel sympathy for the guys as after every attack they were gasping for air. The greens got a throw in and a scramble left the ball bouncing all over the place. A player did an acrobatic volley and the ball went to the inside of the net. A goal with 5 minutes to go!. It could have gone either way in the game. Perhaps Meraloma was superior this night. Both teams are tied in points now, but the loss hurts Meraloma quest for promotion as they can be 6 or 9 points behind the leaders. Perhaps too big of a back to overcome. The Greencaps are two games ahead; thus, it is highly unlikely that they would surpass the others.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 0 - Greencaps 1
A very competitive and entertaining match. Meraloma pressed hard and the green back line was working like a donkey. But defenders survived the runs, crosses, and shots. You could feel sympathy for the guys as after every attack they were gasping for air. The greens got a throw in and a scramble left the ball bouncing all over the place. A player did an acrobatic volley and the ball went to the inside of the net. A goal with 5 minutes to go!. It could have gone either way in the game. Perhaps Meraloma was superior this night. Both teams are tied in points now, but the loss hurts Meraloma quest for promotion as they can be 6 or 9 points behind the leaders. Perhaps too big of a back to overcome. The Greencaps are two games ahead; thus, it is highly unlikely that they would surpass the others.

Yeah, it was a decent match, and a fair result. Both sides with numerous chances they weren't able to convert. Best chance of the first half was a late breakaway for the Greencaps, but the hard shot hit the goalkeeper's body, went up to hit his hand, then away from goal.

At the beginning of the second half, the Greencaps dominated the first five minutes, hitting the woodwork several times. I could be mistaken, but it looked like the eventual goal came from a Meraloma clearance that hit a player, then landed at the feet of an attacking Greencaps player who duly converted. A bit of rapid pinball that caught the otherwise excellent Meraloma goalkeeper off guard.

Highlight was one of the Greencaps subs winding up the card-happy referee.

CZcle_UVIAA6foC.jpg

CZcxnrtUEAAAnUd.jpg

CZcxo7ZUcAAOJ0T.jpg

Last edited:

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 2B: Vancouver United 2-3 13th Legion (Trillium Park east pitch)

13th Legion began with two goals fairly early in the first half. Vancouver United eventually drew level. The match became fiesty late on, and after a hard tackle punches were thrown by (what looked like) several players from both sides. The tall #4 for 13th Legion in particular seemed to enjoy taking several jabs during the melee. I didn't notice any red cards; only looked like one or two yellows. Then very late, 13th Legion scored the winning goal, and seconds later the referee was no doubt pleased to get the hell out of there by blowing his whistle for full-time. Ugly scenes.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, not the best actions to see. The referee seemed to have lost control of the match. 13 Legion missed a really easy goal in the dying minutes of the match. The forward could have done an easy pass pass to the free teammate, but he was selfish and shot wide.
This is not to put down 2B, but does 2B seem to be easier than 2A? I also saw the beginning of Gastown and Bombastic and I was not impressed.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, not the best actions to see. The referee seemed to have lost control of the match. 13 Legion missed a really easy goal in the dying minutes of the match. The forward could have done an easy pass pass to the free teammate, but he was selfish and shot wide.
This is not to put down 2B, but does 2B seem to be easier than 2A? I also saw the beginning of Gastown and Bombastic and I was not impressed.

YES

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart coach is in serious need of friends.wat a sad life watching all the div 2 games. Come on bud surely you have somthing better to do with your time

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's and America did their best impression of yesterday's Liverpool vs Norwich match.

2-1 America at half. At about 60' played, our RB made a great overlapping run, megged his marker and pulled back a perfect low ball to our CM who blazed it over from 6 yards out. Then 5 minutes later, out of nowhere America's striker cuts inside and unleashes a curler to the far post to put America up 3-1. It really looked like we had blown our chance to secure top spot, but then we turn around and score 4 in the next 20 mins to take a 5-3 lead and close out the game. Absolutely incredible show of character to comeback like this, and hopefully it can carry over into what we expect to be a very tough away trip next week to Squamish!

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's and America did their best impression of yesterday's Liverpool vs Norwich match.

2-1 America at half. At about 60' played, our RB made a great overlapping run, megged his marker and pulled back a perfect low ball to our CM who blazed it over from 6 yards out. Then 5 minutes later, out of nowhere America's striker cuts inside and unleashes a curler to the far post to put America up 3-1. It really looked like we had blown our chance to secure top spot, but then we turn around and score 4 in the next 20 mins to take a 5-3 lead and close out the game. Absolutely incredible show of character to comeback like this, and hopefully it can carry over into what we expect to be a very tough away trip next week to Squamish!
Nice. well done.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Selects/Serbia White Eagles 0 - Campo Atletico 2
The Serbian Eagles defended well but eventually succumbed to Campo's possession of the ball.

On a Sunday night, the Serbian White Eagles tried to put an end to the Campo's four winning streak. They defended very well and managed to keep the board free from goals for about 70 minutes. Most of the time; they had about 9 or even 10 players well organized behind the ball. However, defending is hard and tiring. As the Serbian players started to show signs of fatigue, Campo players started to make their attacks more precise and dangerous.

The ball was brought on the ground from the defensive line to the the midfielders as there was little pressure from the White Eagles. Campo players managed to stage a nice combination that left one of the dropping forwards with ample space to make a shot on goal from outside the penalty box. The goalie dived and touched the ball with his fingers, but it was not enough. It went right into the left side of the net beside the post. It was really a beautiful goal to watch.

After the first goal, the White Eagles started to press high, and started to put high numbers into the attacking side with the hope of scoring the equalizer. This opened the game, and the Campo forwards soon were able to score the second goal. One of the forwards chipped the Serbian goalie from a 1 v 1 situation. It was a very nice display of skill.

Soon after the goal, a Serbian player was shown a red card as frustration started to mount among some of their players. I can understand the situations because constantly having to defend can become quite taxing on the body and mind.

Their team has the same coach and most of the players are the same as the first game. They told us that attendance is an issue for them, so they have irregular performances. Overall, their team is always a pleasure to play (i.e clean, respectful).

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 18th in division 2A/
There are only 4 round of games to go, and promotion and relegations spots continue to be far from settled. The highlights of the week are the yet another crushing defeats to the Snipers and the unfortunate loss of Meraloma. These unexpected losses reduce greatly their hopes of promotion. Twin Arrows continue to surprise with another victory, and might be able to avoid relegation.
The other results were as expected.

Punjab Hurricanes 0 - 5 NVFC Viking Storm A Holly Park Turf - LAD 8:00 pm
A clear message by the nordics that they are back in the race to contest the title. Perhaps the favourites to win the division. They would have clinched the title by now if they would not have had the dip in performance mid-season.

Rich FC Olympics 0 - 1 Twin Arrows Minoru Park 3 Turf - RICH 9:00 pm
Twin Arrows went from the perennial and hopeless last place to unexpectedly climb out of the relegation zone. The fourth win in a row. I know that they have at least signed a couple of very good and creative players. Their current performance is above the middle of the table.

Vancouver Greencaps 1 - 0 Meraloma FC A Trillium Turf West - VAN 4:00 pm
A painful and perhaps undeserved loss for Meraloma. However, it is almost certain game over for them now. They would have to defeat GN, Snipers, Norvan, and Campo and then wait for a crazy combination of results to finish first. Almost impossible to happen.

Snipers FC A 0 - 4 GN Sporting Club Point Grey Turf - VAN 4:00 pm
The crumbling of the Snipers continue in a tragic manner. Every week they sink into a deeper hole. Four straight losses with 11 goals conceded and one scored. What happened? MasterTata would you care to give some insight? I personally thought that they were going to win the league.
Stringer should be happy that GN is back into the race. Any reports on this key game?

Astro FC 8 - 1 Tanoa FC Jericho Turf - VAN 4:00 pm
Astro exercising its muscle. I am sure that next year they will be contenders. Tanoa posed for relegation after their mercenaries have abandoned ship for greener pastures.

Bby Selects W Eagles A 0 - 2 Campo Atletico Bby Lake West 4 Turf - BBY 6:00 pm
The White Eagles posed a difficult challenge for Campo with their full squad, but it was not enough to get any points. Unlikely to get relegated. Campo has unexpectedly climbs to the third place.
At this rate we will not know the winner of the division and the relegated teams until the last or at most second last fixture. A very exciting competition.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a full team out and played like a team and dominated the game. Very surprised with Snipers as they looked disorganized and uninterested.
Should be a great finish to season, will definitely go down to the wire. Norvan has to play GN and Campo so those games will define who wins the division.
Kudos to you and Campo, Soccer Coach. I really didn't believe you guys would be towards the top of the table come end of the season, though I still think you are an egotistical prick.:finger:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0