Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
any update on the most recent Kitsilano Clasico? since the week started with weird results Astro must have beaten Meraloma and Serbia Eagles should beat the men in green? any reports.

I'm not sure where Astro claim to be based, but Jericho is in West Point Grey, not Kits. They're posh gits.

As for the match, I couldn't make it out. I see they couldn't be arsed to submit the scoreline to the league.

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very very interesting downfall for GN these past few games. Leaves promotion pretty wide open at this point with Snipers and NVFC in the mix.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge Win for Vancouver Strikers in 2B against the top of the group Rino's Fury. Assuming they get 3 points from their game in hand they will be only 3 points behind the leaders. It will be a very interesting race to follow in both groups during the remaining last third of the season for the promotion and relegation spots.

It's a pity only 2 teams promote to first div. VMSL should have kept the 3 promotion spots from div 2 to div 1. It was decreased only last season and in the favour of div 1 relegating teams just because they changed the group formation from 3 groups of 10 to 2 groups of 12 !!!

Considering how well last year's div 2 promoted teams doing in first div (Guilford FC at top of div 1 and SDFC Royals in mid table) I am sure 3 teams from div 2 could easily compete in first div.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a pity only 2 teams promote to first div. VMSL should have kept the 3 promotion spots from div 2 to div 1. It was decreased only last season and in the favour of div 1 relegating teams just because they changed the group formation from 3 groups of 10 to 2 groups of 12 !!!

Considering how well last year's div 2 promoted teams doing in first div (Guilford FC at top of div 1 and SDFC Royals in mid table) I am sure 3 teams from div 2 could easily compete in first div.

I agree that 3 promotion/relegation spots between Div1/Div2 is best. It is incredibly daunting that the ONLY way to go up is by finishing first place. So if the two BEST teams in Div 2 are on the same side, only one can possibly go up.

Gotta disagree though on your second point. This year is the exception not the rule with promoted teams. Just like between Prem and Div 1, most newly promoted teams struggle in a higher division. Harps and Gastown have both topped their Div 2 tabels and had appearances in Div 1 only to be immediately relegated. The two teams that came up with Harps last season (Romania and Sarajevo) both survived at the bottom of the table, but are desperate to stay up this season. Even the original incarnation of Smart Coach's AC Campobasso had one competitive season, before plummitting into obscurity and requiring a full reboot.

Guildford is an anomally and I think SD would admit that they are exceeding even their own expectations so far this season.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also agree that there should be 3 promotion spots to Div. 1 from Div. 2. It is true that teams often struggle when they go up a division, but I also think it is important to recognize that the second place team in A or B in any given year might be superior to the first place team in the other division. With two teams going up we make promotion based potentially on an arbitrary divisional assignment rather than the quality of teams. I don't think adding a third Div. 2 spot for promotion to Div. 3, and dropping 3 of the Div. one sides will erode the quality of play in the division substantially. It is better to have some new faces every year in any case.

The same logic should be in place in respect to promotion from Div. 3 to Div. 1. As it now stands if you don't win the division you don't go up, although the fact that a few teams have folded has meant 4 teams from Div. 3 going up in the past two seasons. But, why not just make 4 the norm if it has turned out that way in practice? Drop the bottom two from Div. 2 every year, and send up the league winners and the winner of a play off between the two teams with the best won loss record. That doesn't solve the problem of potential inequities in the quality of play that may exist from time to time in the divisions, but it at least provides hope of a playoff game for promotion for teams that finish second.

4 up from Div. 3 to Div. 2 (and 4 down from Div. 2 to 3); Three up from Div. 2 to Div. 1 (and 3 from Div. 1 down); 2 up from Div. 1 to Premiere, and 2 from Premiere down. That is the best way forward to ensure good competitive balance while providing a bit more than faint hope, or just the bad luck to be in the wrong division, for ambitious teams.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 4-1 Astro

Poor playing surface, poor Astro performance. Meraloma well worth the win and scoreline
Review of Last weekend games:

Greencaps 1 - Serbia White Eagles 2
A painful loss for the men in Green. Nothing really surprising given their approach to the game which makes their games very unpredictable. 5th place at the end of league. Farquea: Any report/thoughts?

GN 0 - Twin Arrows 1
Excellent job done by the Twin Arrows. GN has been quite over-rated in this site, but this loss was bound to happen and will likely repeat. GN won quite a few games by chance with one goal differential, which is essentially luck given its limitations. It might win a few games in the next month, but it will drop key points in the last three games. No promotion for GN. 2nd/3rd place at the end of the league. Stringer/Megatron: any comments in the loss of GN to the last place of the table?

Meraloma 4 - Astro 1
Excuses...excuses... excuses... (poor playing surface, players away, the referee, distracted by the celebrations of Campo, you name it). There is always a reason other than the real one (poor and chaotic unimaginative playing). Meraloma 6th place and Astro 8th place at the end of the league. Nacho Man have I missed an excuse?

Tanoa 4 - Hurricanes 0
With premier players and former youth national team players, Tanoa must at least be able to beat the bottom teams. They should pick enough points to surpass Astro, but Meraloma might be out of reach. 7th place at the end of the league. A terrible return on money. Tanoa should have been in first place with all the quality players at their disposal.

Snipers - NorVan (postponed - a good tactical move by both teams)
Snipers still the favourite to win the league given their point lead one, but one slip might prove fatal. If it is not first place, then second. Norvan most likely 2nd or 3rd, but can be reach 1st if it gets reinforcements towards the end of the season.

Campo Atletico 6 - Richmond Olympics 0
Campo Atletico delivered a conclusive and irrefutable victory over Richmond with 6 goals and 80 percent possession. Campo has scored 15 goals in the last four games and conceded only one. Campo has evolved into the strongest team in this division, but it might not be able to recover the lost ground from the beginning of the season. 2nd place at the end of the season, but if it gets lucky it will finish 1st. Looking forward to the day that Stringer, Farquea, Nacho Man, 18to18, accept that they were/are wrong about Campo belonging to the bottom of the table. Why is it to hard for you to accept it? Why? Why?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
or
The triumph of a soccer philosophy versus soccer anarchy.
On a sunny but cold afternoon, the Campo Atletico players displayed a symphony of passes blended with a cantata of dribbles. This cohesive style of play rendered the Richmond players incapable of mounting any effective defence or meaningful attack. The first goal came within the first 15 minutes. By the end of the second half it was 3-0. However, this was not enough. The best player of the day came as a substitute. Relative short in stature and of small frame, but full of intelligence and skill. He scored 3 goals to finish off Richmond with a decisive 6-0.

Campo did not have at least 6 of its key players. However, it did not matter. The group has learned from the experiences of the past years. It does not depend on one or two players. We will continue to work and refine on the soccer philosophy that we have embraced. If promotion does not happen this year, it really does not matter. It will happen sooner or later. The players are playing to win each match and every game is moving towards our idea and conceptualization of the game.

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 4 - Astro 1
Excuses...excuses... excuses... (poor playing surface, players away, the referee, distracted by the celebrations of Campo, you name it). There is always a reason other than the real one (poor and chaotic unimaginative playing). Meraloma 6th place and Astro 8th place at the end of the league. Nacho Man have I missed an excuse?

Did you miss the part where I said Meraloma were well worth their win and scoreline? Saying a grass field in Vancouver in mid-December is a "poor surface" isn't delving too deeply into a well of excuses, it was a bad surface that had no bearing on the result. Carry on though, you've clearly established this narrative you're going to beat us all over the head with. Without exaggerating, I think you have genuine mental health problems and come across as completely unhinged but that's a separate issue

Looking forward to the day that Stringer, Farquea, Nacho Man, 18to18, accept that they were/are wrong about Campo belonging to the bottom of the table. Why is it to hard for you to accept it? Why? Why?

Again, this is complete fantasy. Show me a post from anybody who says Campo belong "to the bottom of the table", show me please

You've constructed this narrative where in your brain we're all sitting around discussing how garbage Campo are and how your underdogs are proving everyone wrong on a weekly basis when it's just not true. In reality, nobody really cares. You're a comedy figure on here that most probably think is just a troll. Nobody could possibly be this deluded in real life

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you miss the part where I said Meraloma were well worth their win and scoreline? Saying a grass field in Vancouver in mid-December is a "poor surface" isn't delving too deeply into a well of excuses, it was a bad surface that had no bearing on the result. Carry on though, you've clearly established this narrative you're going to beat us all over the head with. Without exaggerating, I think you have genuine mental health problems and come across as completely unhinged but that's a separate issue

Again, this is complete fantasy. Show me a post from anybody who says Campo belong "to the bottom of the table", show me please

You've constructed this narrative where in your brain we're all sitting around discussing how garbage Campo are and how your underdogs are proving everyone wrong on a weekly basis when it's just not true. In reality, nobody really cares. You're a comedy figure on here that most probably think is just a troll. Nobody could possibly be this deluded in real life

1) If you do NOT care or feel threatened by the posts, then why you always rush to respond them. You do care as they show you a picture or image that seems hard for you to accept or coexist.

2) Not really surprised on your personal attacks on mental health, as it a common tactic for those who dislike freedom of expression. If you are not like everybody else, then you are abnormal, if you are abnormal , then you are mentally sick. These three categories, not being like everybody else, not being normal and being mentally sick are in fact very different but have been reduced to the same thing over and over by those who oppose freedom. (I leave it to you figure out where those lines come from).

3) This abnormality of thought or thing that you can not figure out is what put 5 goals in the net of your team. The biggest defeat even in the history of your club, so perhaps it has a logic to it and it is not as illogical as you might think that it is. Think hard before next game otherwise another 5-0 will happen again, and we both do not want this.

4) Read the threads from the beginning, and you will find the posts that you are looking for. Specially the ones from Stringer, but it really does not matter because my reality will never be yours and yours will never be mine. It is okey. This is why we are here to learn from them.

5) I genuinely look forward to the game with your team and hope that you have improved. We like challenges and not casual walks on the park.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Review of Last weekend games:

Greencaps 1 - Serbia White Eagles 2
A painful loss for the men in Green. Nothing really surprising given their approach to the game which makes their games very unpredictable. 5th place at the end of league. Farquea: Any report/thoughts?

GN 0 - Twin Arrows 1
Excellent job done by the Twin Arrows. GN has been quite over-rated in this site, but this loss was bound to happen and will likely repeat. GN won quite a few games by chance with one goal differential, which is essentially luck given its limitations. It might win a few games in the next month, but it will drop key points in the last three games. No promotion for GN. 2nd/3rd place at the end of the league. Stringer/Megatron: any comments in the loss of GN to the last place of the table?

Meraloma 4 - Astro 1

Tanoa 4 - Hurricanes 0
With premier players and former youth national team players, Tanoa must at least be able to beat the bottom teams. They should pick enough points to surpass Astro, but Meraloma might be out of reach. 7th place at the end of the league. A terrible return on money. Tanoa should have been in first place with all the quality players at their disposal.

Snipers - NorVan (postponed - a good tactical move by both teams)
Snipers still the favourite to win the league given their point lead one, but one slip might prove fatal. If it is not first place, then second. Norvan most likely 2nd or 3rd, but can be reach 1st if it gets reinforcements towards the end of the season.

Campo Atletico delivered a conclusive and irrefutable victory over Richmond with 6 goals and 80 percent possession. Campo has scored 15 goals in the last four games and conceded only one. Campo has evolved into the strongest team in this division, but it might not be able to recover the lost ground from the beginning of the season. 2nd place at the end of the season, but if it gets lucky it will finish 1st. Looking forward to the day that Stringer, Farquea, Nacho Man, 18to18, accept that they were/are wrong about Campo belonging to the bottom of the table. Why is it to hard for you to accept it? Why? Why?

GN was missing 7 starters due to suspensions, vacation and injuries but that is not to take away from Twin Arrows, they deserved full points on the night and we did not. Lucky to only lose 1-0 to be honest

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN was missing 7 starters due to suspensions, vacation and injuries but that is not to take away from Twin Arrows, they deserved full points on the night and we did not. Lucky to only lose 1-0 to be honest

I hope that you realize that you threw away promotion and the effort of a season in a naive manner (hint: a team is not made of only 11 players).

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it also in your culture to be a misogynistic prick?

A guy who's life runs on a forum problem gets most of his info on women from redtube. (Btw - misogynistic is a big english word you may not understand.)

But you know what...This is a competitive league. We like it. Another great matchup against Greencaps tonight and a 2 - 0 loss to a good group of guys.

But sweetheart, you're a cnut. And this was all fun and games about football, and great fodder, but the above quote is a little uncalled for.

So come Jan 9th, our cute girls will be back, and watching as we smile while breaking your fcuking tobillos, -- win lose or draw.

¡Feliz Navidad fcuk face!

(FYI we got a lot of respect for every other team in this division. Sincerely, happy holidays to all of you.)

Astro Vs Campo !!!!

Predictions?
Macho Man and Astro:

I see a 2-1 for Astro. Everyone has to be a winner and get along. I feel mortified that you were so rightly upset for the goals and goal celebrations and the comments of your female companions. Would you mind to enlighten us about the proper and correct way to score a goal, make a celebration, Play the game sit at the bench and drink from the water bottle?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Astro Vs Campo !!!!

Predictions?
Macho Man and Astro:

I see a 2-1 for Astro. Everyone has to be a winner and get along. I feel mortified that you were so rightly upset for the goals and goal celebrations and the comments of your female companions. Would you mind to enlighten us about the proper and correct way to score a goal, make a celebration, Play the game sit at the bench and drink from the water bottle?

Let's be VERY clear here: CAMPO IS THE FAVOURITE. This is based on your position in the table achieved in fewer games played, your vastly superior goal difference and the drubbing that you lay on Astro in the reverse fixture. I am willing to bet that your algorithm also backs this up.

Contrary to whatever world you are living in, you CANNOT make Campo the underdog in this game. That being said you personally have provided Astro with PLENTY of bulletin board material and I am sure the previous result is fresh in their minds. I would expect that they will have 11+ guys ready to run through a brick wall to get a result against Campo this weekend. Should they achieve this however, it will be AN UPSET. Not necessarily a massive one, but a pretty decent one all told.

Campo is EXPECTED to win this game. Any team with the ambition that you claim to have must find a way to get a result in this fixture, whether it's 1-0, 7-0, 4-3 or any other scoreline beautiful, ugly or otherwise. Assuming you get the 3 pts then it's job done and on to the next. Beat the teams you are suppose to beat.

There's no dodging it, if you want to be at the top of the table you must accept that the pressure is squarely on your group week in and week out. The teams below you will look at it as a game with nothing to lose (and in the case of Campo, they will likely be motivated to try and f*ck your lot over on your title challenge due to how much you seem to wind everybody in this division up on a weekly basis) and they will play with more freedom. Given everything you have said about your team, I am sure they will rise to the challenge marvelously.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updating the rankings by request....
25 DIV 2B 1635 Rino's Fury A
26 DIV 2B 1620 Vancouver Strikers
27 DIV 2A 1576 Snipers
28 DIV 2A 1575 GN Sporting
29 DIV 2A 1560 Campo Atletico
30 DIV 2B 1550 Harps FC A
31 DIV 2A 1540 NVFC Storm
32 DIV 2A 1485 Meraloma
33 DIV 2A 1475 Greencaps
34 DIV 2B 1450 Squamish FC
35 DIV 2B 1400 Vancouver United A
36 DIV 2B 1355 NK Hrvat A
37 DIV 2B 1350 America FC
38 DIV 2B 1345 Gastown FC
39 DIV 2B 1340 Euro FC
40 DIV 2A 1330 Tanoa
41 DIV 2A 1325 Astro
42 DIV 2B 1290 13th Legion FC
43 DIV 2B 1285 Bombastic SC A
44 DIV 2A 1280 Serbian White Eagles
45 DIV 2A 1275 Richmond Olympics
46 DIV 2A 1225 Punjab
47 DIV 2A 1125 Twin Arrows
48 DIV 2B 1075 GFC United Lions

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa losses to Burnaby today 2-3. Burnaby is recovering nicely. Anyone has an info on this? new players? Unbelievable that Tano crashed and burned so expectacularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0