Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

One mo' time!

PGU vs. Royal - Much respect for any team that can beat Bingers, but I'm thinking it was a fluke
Signmaster vs. RUFC - Masters of two of the least challenging divisions -- I'll choose Signmaster since they have such an interesting name
Shaheen vs. NK Hrvat - 'Cup NK', not to be confused with the enigmatic 'League NK', will continue toward the semis after a high-scoring, well-played match
Belmont vs. Kosova - Kosova will play harder, faster... and lose

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CheShouldHeBeWhite said:
One mo' time!

PGU vs. Royal - Much respect for any team that can beat Bingers, but I'm thinking it was a fluke
Signmaster vs. RUFC - Masters of two of the least challenging divisions -- I'll choose Signmaster since they have such an interesting name
Shaheen vs. NK Hrvat - 'Cup NK', not to be confused with the enigmatic 'League NK', will continue toward the semis after a high-scoring, well-played match
Belmont vs. Kosova - Kosova will play harder, faster... and lose
ShouldHe,

You got a couple wright.
Your Final four:
PGU vs Royal -Royal is too strong.
Signmaster vs RUFC B - This might take 2 hours of soccer.It will be one of the best matches of the year.
Shaheen vs Nk - Nk could prove they are the cindrella team?
They will have too close the door on Shaheens scoring ability. Shaheen knows how too score.
Belmont vs. Kosova - Bandcamp tells me how good he is so I believe him since we used to be teamates ... :D

There is your final four:

Deucy.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

RUFC to win a tight one
Royal to end a solid run
NK to beat Shaheen
as long as they don't play loosy goosy in the middle of the park. NK will pick apart their back end but will leak at least 2 goals so 3 needed for the win

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was just checking the vmsl website and saw that they are only playing two of the cup games this weekend and making the other four clubs wait for two weeks to resume play. What the fcuk is going on. Let's get this cup back in motion. Why are they not playing all the games this week. They're pushing the final back more and more every week. Someone please tell me why the powers that be are doing this. Shocking!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Signmaster vs RUFC B - This might take 2 hours of soccer.It will be one of the best matches of the year.

Deuce,

Can I have some of that stuff you're drinking/smoking? :D

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ok maybe I flew off the handle too fast. Apparently those other clubs need to do a bit of a tie breaker for braggin' rights. Unfortunately we have to suffer. Fcuk the league play for now so we can get on with the cup. We shouldn't have to lay idle so these games can be played. Finish them after the cup.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain Shamrock said:
Deuce,

Can I have some of that stuff you're drinking/smoking? :D

Captain Shamrock,

When I made that comment, I was going by Signmaster's record.. 13-2-2 is not bad.
I've seen Signmaster play since I made those comments.
I will never underestimate my opponent.

Deucy :D :D :D

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Devo said:
Ok maybe I flew off the handle too fast. Apparently those other clubs need to do a bit of a tie breaker for braggin' rights. Unfortunately we have to suffer. Fcuk the league play for now so we can get on with the cup. We shouldn't have to lay idle so these games can be played. Finish them after the cup.

Devo easy kid..... easy......... You should dip into the medical cabinet at the hospital too calm yourself down.

Signmaster have too play there last league game vs Richmond F.C.
Royal United have too play Jb's.... If they both win it looks like they will tie with 44 points.

So it looks like we are waiting two weeks to play our quarterfinal against Signmaster.

Deucy. :D

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shuffled down to David Lam with some of the lads (thanks for the Becks Claude) to see Belmont cut a swath through the swarth, and take down the Balkan Self-Imploders.....not a a bad match. Belmont phoned in their usual style: good fitness, smart passing, good positioning off the ball. They deserved to win, and did so in a canter. Their number 2 scored a hat trick and could have had twice that. Kosovo keeper saw red for mistaking a Belmont player for his dog and kicking him when he was down...in his attempts to have the ref change his mind, he told the ref to **** off; surprisingly, this tactic didn't work, and the keeper had to surrender his natty orange jersey.

Hopefully, Belmont play the self-imploding Shaheen in the next round...

....Bandcamp, if you're reading this, good luck in the next round.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

keane16,

WOW, interesting praise for Belmont ? I also shuffled down to take in the game but had a little different view of the game. I agree, Belmont did deserve to win, sort of a lesser of two evils, what I mean is that I thought both teams were shite !

good fitness, smart passing, good positioning off the ball.

You have got to be fcuking kidding me ?? Fitness....a fit team would not have conceded a goal in the last minutes against a side that were down to 10 men and then almost give up the tying goal, smart passing...I've never seen so many balls humped up the park to no one and that #13 could not find a black shirt if his life depended on it, good positioning off the ball...I don't know what game you were watching mate but I saw very little running off the ball and the odd time it did happen the pass was not executed.

I haven't seen too many Div 2 teams, outside the Cat, play this year but I have caught a few and am not that impressed, I hear a lot of talk about how much better A, B & C are than Cat and frankly I don't see it, the 3, 4 and 5 placed teams in our side would destroy both these teams today. I'm sure Deucy, Lefty, Walks and Steve1234 would agree. Anyways, my points could be a bit harsh as that was the first time I'd seen those two teams play but I was definitely not impressed. Going to see Signmaster/Richmond FC tomorrow and then maybe Royal/Norvan on Monday night. I've seen Signmaster once already a couple weeks ago, they are a good side but am looking forward to seeing how good this Royal team is, although he's never seen them play, Deucy thinks they are the team to beat :confused:

Regardless, congrats to Belmont on their win, and you did it without your allstar Bandcamp :D

Cheers, mackers.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mackers!

Slow down, turbo.........

It may not have been the best match (and to be honest, I went home at half time to get some more Guinness), but me have respeck for that team. I have to extol their virtues because doing so makes us look better, as we lost to them twice this year.....AND btw, I don't think anyone reads my posts anyway...!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

In case anybody is wondering.....Nk went up three buzz against shaheen and hit four count em four goal posts. Then thanks to some horrific coaching decisions NK started pulling out starters. Two at the half and then with thirty left out came the Watcher. Past history should have told the coach that pulling out the Watcher in a three buzz game is not smart. (see Watchers hat trick against a tough PG strikers). So Erion comes in and smokes one of the post really hard could have been four buzz right there. Then NK's keeper, with a kangaroo top, neon green trimmed sweat pants and dishwashing gloves on, gives out a terrible rebound that starts the Shaheen comeback. Another one goes through the keepers hands and he's looking shakey with still time on the clock. NK uses it's last sub to let everyone play like it's fukcing kindergarten. You just knew they were going to get another, and they did with two minutes left. Now the game is going to overtime and NK is reeling with basically a second string line up on the pitch, it was terrifying to watch. First half of OT was scorless then with 10 min left in the second session the lights went out. Thank the dear lord. The last thing the Watcher wanted to see was NK go out on penalties to inferior opposition like we did to that weak high school team club Ireland last year when NK was by far the best team in the cup. The game is being replayed on grass where NK will demolish Shaheen. Watcher out..........PS...the ref was calling everything for Shaheen in the second half. It was quite pathetic really. And that turf field is a completely different game and the Watcher hates it. It is a huge advantage for a team that plays on it regularly.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

i agree with mackers i have watched belmont a lot of poor passing only about 2or3 on team that could play cat 2 div a there was no one touch passing and bad movement off the ball . mackers you left #2 team the only one who out played richmond and beat them. if you win your next round and face point grey i can help we have now won all .our games over the 3 team we previously lost to.if you face royal i have not seen them good luck v signmaster

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

After I saw the ABD that was posted, I thought Shaheen was up to some old tricks. What confused me it was 3-3 ABD. I was thinking they were down guys and started some of the same old stuff, like threats and fighting to throw the match. ( maybe Shaheen have cleaned up there act these days!! ) Watcher, how are they going to proceed? A rematch, surley not 5 minutes and a shoot out. Davey.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mackers,

What do you mean Div 2 CAT is better than div. 2. You are on glue!! 1st of all I played Div. 2 CAT with Lobbans last year and thought it was pretty average. Some games would be good, with both teams having div 1 players available. I am playing PGU this year and on average 2B has better div. 2 players. You say 3,4,and 5 on your side would destroy many div 2 teams. PGU, 7th in our group in 2B allready knocked off Temple B 5th place cat, and Westside C 2nd place cat( with there div 1 CAT players playing ) Lastly, if div2 CAT was so strong, why are they representing only 1 of 8 teams.

Mackers, I do feel sorry for you for having to watch all that div. 2 soccer. It can be pretty slow and ugly at times. Go watch some premier, it with give you somethong to shoot for.
davey.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Mackers,

What do you mean Div 2 CAT is better than div. 2. You are on glue!! 1st of all I played Div. 2 CAT with Lobbans last year and thought it was pretty average. Some games would be good, with both teams having div 1 players available. I am playing PGU this year and on average 2B has better div. 2 players. You say 3,4,and 5 on your side would destroy many div 2 teams. PGU, 7th in our group in 2B allready knocked off Temple B 5th place cat, and Westside C 2nd place cat( with there div 1 CAT players playing ) Lastly, if div2 CAT was so strong, why are they representing only 1 of 8 teams.

Mackers, I do feel sorry for you for having to watch all that div. 2 soccer. It can be pretty slow and ugly at times. Go watch some premier, it with give you somethong to shoot for.
davey.

davey,
some Cat teams are better than div 2 teams and vice versa. With teams moving up and down, some players moving from team to team and the potential as you stated, "having div 1 players on stand-by" it would be difficult to fully argue the merits of which side is stronger. I too, have played Cat and non-cat and have seen some horrific div 2 teams this season.

Div 2 have 30 teams this season, cat 2 had 20 teams playing. IMO the top four in 2Cat A and B are strong with the others pretty shitty. You do the math my friend. ;)

Off to smoke some glue :knvb:
-Hummer

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You say 3,4,and 5 on your side would destroy many div 2 teams.
davey_bc, read my post again, I did not say they would beat many teams in div. 2, I said they would destroy the two teams I saw play today. I haven't seen all Div. 2 teams play this year and am not going to speculate on who's better, but know that there has been some trash talking going on here that cannot be backed up due to guys not seeing certain teams play. I congratulate you on beating the teams you have beat, I have not seen your team play yet so will not comment, but from what I have seen from other Div. 2 teams, again, I am not impressed.

Go watch some premier, it with give you somethong to shoot for.

Before making comments like that you should do your homework jackass, you don't even know me, I don't know you but would make a wild guess that you've never even come close, too bad.

Good luck to you and your PGU mates against Royal U. I would love to play you lot if we make it past Signmaster !

Cheers, mackers.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mackers,
I have come close, with 2nd and 3rd place finishes on different teames in the last 8 years ( not with PGU ). Your comments on saying Belmont and Kosovo are shite and can't pass the ball I question. I know both those teams and they both have some pretty good players. Sometimes field conditions can make for a crap game, or 2 teams having a crap day. I know David Lam Is getting pretty run down, bumpy in the middle with some water not draining off.

It is easy to sit on the side line and cretique 2 div. 2 teams on there ugly style, and I have done the same myself. But once you enter a game things are always a little different.

Perhaps you are correct with how well your team would have done against one of those 2 teams on that field. In that case you guys must be clearcut div. 2 champions.
I hope you can back up your shite up now. No pressure. Davey

PS: Now wouldn't that be funny if Belmont beat you guys in the final. You would have some explaining to do mackers. Cheers

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Mackers,
I have come close, with 2nd and 3rd place finishes on different teames in the last 8 years ( not with PGU ). Your comments on saying Belmont and Kosovo are shite and can't pass the ball I question. I know both those teams and they both have some pretty good players. Sometimes field conditions can make for a crap game, or 2 teams having a crap day. I know David Lam Is getting pretty run down, bumpy in the middle with some water not draining off.

What r u smoking? I agree with Mackers, I have seen Belmont play this year and they are shite. Like I had posted earlier

Quote: 03-24-2005, 12:43 AM "Belmont is a very quick closing team with a few guys who like to get stuck in, but other than that, they lack skill....sorry but that's the truth. I watched them play and they had good fitness, but most Div 1 teams are fit, however, without skill you're not going far....."COLOR]

There passing is shite, but they make up for it in their closing ability. I guess the old Belmont boys who left the team were the passers. As for making it further in the cup than other div 2 teams......don't even get me started. :confused:

Crappy fields make it difficult to pass on I agree, however, seeing as both teams have to play on them and one team is shite, your logic doesn't hold here. Secondly, I bet you can count the number of good fields on one hand vs. the number of shitty ones.

davey Stick to Ping Pong like me.....the table is flat and you don't need to pass. :D
-Hummer

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hummer said:
What r u smoking? I agree with Mackers, I have seen Belmont play this year and they are shite. Like I had posted earlier
[/COLOR]

i agree with both of you guys that belmont don't play the prettiest brand of soccer but what they do well is grind,muck,tackle,and really piss you off and get under your skin.From the sidelines it does look like shite but it is a difficult style to play(win)against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0