Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

Gurps said:
Yaletown FC 2 Ronald McDonald 1

Hey Keane16, why don't you stop worrying about what I am typing, and concentrate on why you lot beat probably the worst team to ever set in Div two by only one goal. :D

Well Done!

:wa:

GULPS,

before you start tickling yourself with joy at exposing our dirty little secret, were mortified that we nearly gifted them points a few weeks ago, but we had a shocker of a game.........Oggy was pretty forthright (ON THIS FORUM, no less!) about our performance, so we don't hide behind poor results with excuses. Your feeble attempt at a slag falls flat.

But since you mention it, you drooling village idiot, we helped extend the season for Alemania by drawing Shaheen last week who, the day we played them, sat in first place in our group.....

btw, what does "ever set in div. 2 mean.....?"

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Hey Deuce, good luck the rest of the way in the Cup. You guys have a good team, and should do well.

Gurps dont get too soft right now.. This is ttp. :D :D :D
Thank you for the compliment. We will do our best too represent..

Sorry to hear about your cup run coming too an end..
What the hell happened? Sounds like you could finish cuz of PGU played 10 guys behind the ball...

Keane 16,

I was at yesterdays quarterfinal... There were moments of terrible soccer..
And thats a fact my friend.

Deucy.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Deucy,

I agree, there were bad moments..........on second glance my original comments were stretching it a bit, BUT when my point in all of these rants is that, though the game might be lacking, there's usually a skilled player (or more) who plays well enough to make the game worth watching.......otherwise, why bother, right??

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:
Here's my take on PGU ... they ARE shite.

The best analogy I can give you is to liken them to the Minnesota Wild. Do they have skilled players? No. Are they a joy to watch? No. Are they tough to play against? Yes. Will they win it all? Definitley not.

They play an incredibly boring defensive system, with 10 men behind the ball at almost all times. For them, I guess it's the right thing to do because they just don't have the talent to play an open-style of game.

I can only hope that Royal knocks them out, because I think it would be very unfortunate for them to get anywhere near the finals and possibly represent the VMSL in the Provincials. You can only grind out so many wins, and at a provincial tourney with multiple games in a short time-frame they will get slaughtered.

Dezza,

Don't forget this is only div. 2, all the players with a ton of skill are playing at a higher levels. So what do you expect!!

I don't know much about the temple game cause I missed it, but the last two games our goals where nice. A volly against westside c, one timer and a nice header against bingers. So to say we have no skill is absurd. I never would have joined these guys if there was no skill. We do play a system that defense is a priority and it can be boring to watch.

Maybe Belmont and PGU can muck it out in the final. In the battle of the "lunch buckets and hard hats". ( Its probably a long shot though ) Davey

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

keane16 said:
Deucy,

I agree, there were bad moments..........on second glance my original comments were stretching it a bit, BUT when my point in all of these rants is that, though the game might be lacking, there's usually a skilled player (or more) who plays well enough to make the game worth watching.......otherwise, why bother, right??

Keane 16,

This is ttp, and you have too expect some harsh banter..
I wanted too know what quality of competition was left in the cup..
So I took a drive downtown... There were some good players on the field yesterday , BUT there were moments that the quality of play was lacking both teams...
There were not alot of simple balls played. There were way too many simple mistakes too count.. Congrats too Belmont they did what they had too do too win.

Deucy. :D :D :D

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Maybe Belmont and PGU can muck it out in the final. In the battle of the "lunch buckets and hard hats". ( Its probably a long shot though ) Davey

PGU is definately on some type of role. Temple, Rino C, and Bingers who have not lost in league play... Thats pretty good...

BUT, you'll have to beat Royal United, RUFC B's or Signmaster.
All three teams have a combining loss column of 3.

GoodluckDeucy :D

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Deuce said:
Keane 16,

This is ttp, and you have too expect some harsh banter..
I wanted too know what quality of competition was left in the cup..
So I took a drive downtown... There were some good players on the field yesterday , BUT there were moments that the quality of play was lacking both teams...
There were not alot of simple balls played. There were way too many simple mistakes too count.. Congrats too Belmont they did what they had too do too win.

Deucy. :D :D :D

...............i agree.

(good luck next week......)

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

keane16 said:
...............i agree.

(good luck next week......)

See there you go.... good stuff.

Thank you for the good luck!!!!

Is anyone going too answer my questions earlier today about how a Div 2 team qualifies for the Provincials.?

Deucy.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Deuce,

Depending on how many spots the VMSL gets, it varies between four spots and two spots year to year. Last year I think the VMSL got four spots.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Quick....someone pass me a tissue

I second the motion !

keane16,

If you think #2 is skillfull I would love to play your team. Belmont win by grinding it out, they are not a skilled team but they muck it out, make good on their chances and have done well doing that this year apparently. You can't call me an armchair quarterback, I play the fcuking game dumbass. And as for not sending out compliments on TTP, maybe you should go back and read some of my posts, you'll find plenty but remember, this is TTP(take the piss) if you cannot handle receiving and giving it out then beat it !

I will give credit when it is due and have done so at times this year but if it's shite I will put in my two bits and yesterday's Belmont/Kosova match was just that.

Cheers, mackers.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

keane16 said:
were mortified that we nearly gifted them points a few weeks ago

btw, what does "ever set in div. 2 mean.....?"

btw, what does "were mortified" mean?

Its always funny when someone on TTP brings up a grammar mistake as a piss take, and makes a grammar mistake while doing it. :D

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Deuce,

Depending on how many spots the VMSL gets, it varies between four spots and two spots year to year. Last year I think the VMSL got four spots.

Gurps,

Who went last year to the provincials from the vmsl?
Was it the final four?

Deucy.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

keane16 said:
Furthermore, it's a fcuking embarrassment to see how much armchair quarterbacking, and sideline expertise this site gets.......I can't remember the last time one of you (too many of you cavilers to list) said anything approaching a compliment to how ANYONE in this division plays.......

Keaner,

Thanks for inspirational words you nard!
I'm sorry did I accidently turn on my computer and visit Oprah's website.....this is Take the Piss if you don't like it, play Ping Pong it's a great sport.....davey bc seems to like it. :wa:

As for your comments of #2 on Belmont, he has speed I give you that (there's my compliment), but talent he doesn't have period!

As for taking the piss out on other players that's the fun you twat. Why would I take the piss out on my fellow team-mates when I can do it at practice. :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Deuce said:
Gurps,

Who went last year to the provincials from the vmsl?
Was it the final four?

Deucy.

Richmond FC
Westside Rino C
Elephant Walk A

Richmond FC vs. Westside Rino C was the Div 2 Cup Final
Elephant Walk A I believe won a playoff against Bombastic A, the other semi-finalist loser to determine who got the provincial spot.

City FC Blaze
Cliff Avenue Utd.
Westside Rino C
Burnaby Fury

Blaze vs. Cliff was the Div 2 Cup Final.
The semi-final losers were Westside Rino and Richmond FC, but Richmond couldn't field a team so they picked Burnaby Fury to go (because they won their division maybe?)

FYI, according to bcsoccernet.com:
The Keith Millar Cup will be held the weekend of June 3 to 5, 2005 in Burnaby and Coquitlam. Schedule TBD.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

holy fcuk whats with all these cat players thinking their respective teams will stomp all over most of div 2??has it really improved that much in two years??
2 years ago with firemen "c" we pissed all over that league with 4 or 5 wins in double digits!!wow,they must have sorted it out cuz it was a gongshow :D
the top teams in their divisions in all of div 2 will be close in skill and fitness and would give a good run.trust me alot of the teams have former div 1 regulars on their squads but football is a team game and it takes a team effort to win consistently,not one or two standouts.burnaby fury has had the same team for pretty much 10 years,scrimmage once a week and consists of heavy alcoholics but will play ANYBODY who wants a game....give us a ring before next season!!

ps....deuce,mackers et all...who's still on that richmond 2 squad of yours,walker and the old boys still around??we had some pretty good battles in the past

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:
Richmond FC
Westside Rino C
Elephant Walk A

Richmond FC vs. Westside Rino C was the Div 2 Cup Final
Elephant Walk A I believe won a playoff against Bombastic A, the other semi-finalist loser to determine who got the provincial spot.

City FC Blaze
Cliff Avenue Utd.
Westside Rino C
Burnaby Fury

Blaze vs. Cliff was the Div 2 Cup Final.
The semi-final losers were Westside Rino and Richmond FC, but Richmond couldn't field a team so they picked Burnaby Fury to go (because they won their division maybe?)

FYI, according to bcsoccernet.com:
The Keith Millar Cup will be held the weekend of June 3 to 5, 2005 in Burnaby and Coquitlam. Schedule TBD.

Dezza,
Thanks for the update.. I had no idea about Provincials for Division 2.
Cheers Deucy. :D :D :D

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

rikashay said:
holy fcuk whats with all these cat players thinking their respective teams will stomp all over most of div 2??has it really improved that much in two years??

ps....deuce,mackers et all...who's still on that richmond 2 squad of yours,walker and the old boys still around??we had some pretty good battles in the past

Rikashay,
Walker is reffing these days. Belfast cowboy,Mackers , Eggman and Lean would be the old boys still around on the B team

Deucy

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

rikashay said:

Can't say what it was like 4 years ago but after playing my first year in CAT and a few games last year as a fill in when needed I can only say there are a few solid teams in CAT 2. As for bragging to the extent I'm reading. Could be a little over the top.

I think it has more to do with the fact that some of the Div 2 teams still there are beatable on any given weekend. We lost to Shaheen on penalties after giving up a late..late goal in regulation. After the game one of the guys asked us if we were our A team and not the B team?

I would say there are 6 CAT 2 teams capable of doing quite well in Div 2.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie's Best Can't say what it was like 4 years ago but after playing my first year in CAT and a few games last year as a fill in when needed I can only say there are a few solid teams in CAT 2. I would say there are 6 CAT 2 teams capable of doing quite well in Div 2.[/QUOTE said:
You have to remember that the league, for the first time, moved all of the stronger cat teams into the "A" side. You played in Cat "B" this year where the ones who did poorly last year, have no real team affiliation, or have their "A" teams in Div 2 reside.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow - Belmont and its lack of skill is taking a beating! We're not pretty but we do have enough guys who know how to win (several were missing on Saturday btw) to get the job done - we're still in the cup aren't we? Not a fluke either, just look at our season in divisional play as we are a new, merged team that took a few weeks to get going. Talk all you want about how your team would kill us - until it happens I won't believe it.

As for #2 - he scores goals in BUNCHES and gives defenses fits with his speed. Say what you want about his skill but he has scored at least 2 goals per game for as many games as I can remember. I'll take that over a 'pretty' player any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0