Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers Army
Cliff Ave
Club Ireland
Fiji FC
IFC Polonia
Richmond United 'A'
Sarajevo FC
Sporting Punjab Hurricane 'A'
Vancouver Lobbans
Vancouver Olympics

Post talk here

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div 1 B

Club Ireland to win this year with Sporting Hurricane a close second......
Thanks for the confidence Alikira, but I wouldn't count out Vancouver Olympics from being a part of the season-long battle.

I definitely believe we're in a stronger position than last season to remain in the top two till the very end. I also believe 1 'B' is the tougher side of Division 1 this year.

Looking forward to a very competitive season with lots of great match-ups.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers,

Burnro

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September 07'

Here are my predictions:

Richmond United "A"
Cliff Ave. United PICK: CLIFF
Minoru Turf
Sat/ 4.00pm

Punjab Hurricanes "A"
Lobbans FC
Mercer Stadium PICK: Punjab
Sat/ 7.00pm

Club Ireland "A"
Vancouver Olympics
Manoah Steves #2 PICK: IRELAND
Sun/ 2.00pm

Fiji FC
IFC Polonia
Hastings Bowl North
POSTPONED

Binger's Army
Sarajevo FC
Coq. Town Ctr. Turf
POSTPONED

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 1 Vancouver Olympics 1

Club Ireland had to hang on in the second half to earn the point.......a couple of posts/crossbars by the Olympics, one in each half.

Club I was missing 3 regulars by the looks of things so I'm sure the Bhoys will take the point and move on.

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cliff Ave 1 Richmond Utd 'A' 0

Pretty good game. Took a while for both teams to get into it as would be expected with first game of the year a little rust was seen. Cliff had the majority of the pressure in first half and the early parts of the second (when we scored our goal). After that, Richmond pushed players up from all parts of their squad and applied much pressure, but our keep made some great in close saves. All in all, a fair result i'd have to say. Looking forward to this weeks game against Club I (if there is one with this damn civic strike)...as they're supposedly some of the stiffer competition in this group.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Took a while for both teams to get into it.

Took you even longer for you to get your post game summary out.

If Club I have all their bodies out, you're definitely in for a tougher game. Prediction: CI 3 - Cliff 1

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can anyone from Van Olympics or Fiji advise why the game at Kensington South was postponed. We are playing there tomorrow but not sure if the field is playable.

Thanks

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cliff Ave 0 Club I 1

Word from our manager was we(cliff) were able to get a turf field, but Club I didn't want to play on turf? Game was changed to Kensington Park South field, which has seen better days...regardless both teams had to play on it. Back and forth during the first half, but both teams played strong defensively and held their own. Second half was pretty much the same. Club I scored near the 80th min mark on a questionable but close non-offside call. Cliff can only blames themselves in the end though as they squandered several close opportunities.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cliff had one chance in the second half.......the breakaway which the CI keeper saved......Cliff's 4 - 3 - 3 was interesting. The field was terrible and made it very difficult for both teams. As for Club I not wanting to play on turf? I doubt it, especially when they knew the condition of Kensington. BTW, StevieG, what is your home field? :confused:

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

hastings bowl, we had the chance to grab the new turf fields at bby north secondary, but preferred to try our luck on grass...seems it wasn't the best decision so far!

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was not the turf that Club I. did not want to play on it was the 9 p.m. start on Sunday night!!!!

We also offered a Richmond field on saturday,Sunday or tuesday evening.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Sidewinder

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 6-1 Lobbans 'A'

Not much to report, as the Bhoys were in excellent form today...the game was over 20-mins in...2 goals from great build-up, then another two from OG's, as a result of high pressure on the shoddy Lobbans backline. Another couple of goals in the 2nd half and a sympathy goal tossed into our own net by yours truly, to make Lobbans feel better.

6-1 final score and well deserved for the Hoops...onto Sarajevo next week!

Burnro

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

As Burnro stated a solid result for the Hoops out at King George yesterday. Two great build up goals aswell as a couple of gifts fortunately made the game easy for us. I don't think Lobbans had all their squad out, as they only had 1 sub:confused:

A solid start to the season, keeping pace with a Punjab squad at the top of the table...Any words of wisdom regarding Sarajevo..?

CIC

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sarejevo (sp?) has not much to offer...although us idiots still cannot capitalize on anything. Huff the ball forward, of those, half were shanked of the park. Should be a stroll in the park if you can put a couple early goals in.

akhtarmo

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

why hasnt fiji fc played ne games yet?

Fiji

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We had to postpone our first game of the season and last week the grass was too long!!! We tied Binger's Army 2-2 today

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 2-0 Sarajevo

Another solid performance by the Bhoys today, taking care of business early on and unlucky not to have buried a few more along the way, with a couple of good saves by the Sarajevo GK and a crossbar backing him up in the second half. Sarajevo didn't offer much in attack, typically looking for an over-the-top ball to a lone striker, who couldn't keep himself onside.

A great 3-points and on to IFC Polonia next Saturday.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Polonia are on a poor run of form to start the season and hopefully we can continue their trend with a good result at home after RUFC got their first win of the season off them.

An early season game of importance for Van Olys tomorrow night at PG Turf versus Fiji. VO needing a victory to keep pace with ourselves and PH.

Any reports from other games....Klaus..?...Fiji...?....Stevie-G..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0