Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter, & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kaiser said:
Aaahhhhh........no you're not

Was thinking the same thing........:)

Binger's - 3 games........3 goals for NO goals against. That's what I noticed about them when they played Westside. Their defense is ROCK solid and they have a very competent keeper.....

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Was thinking the same thing........:)

Binger's - 3 games........3 goals for NO goals against. That's what I noticed about them when they played Westside. Their defense is ROCK solid and they have a very competent keeper.....
Very true but a lack of finish up front may cost us down the line. I would never be bold enough to say we will win the division but we are definately tough to play against. Now watch us get trounced this weekend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kaiser,

Your team has an excellent work ethic and I would be VERY surprised if anyone beat you soundly. I don't think you'll go undefeated obviously but I know every team that plays you will know they've been in a game. Ask Westside.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
my defence is uber, I can't wait to play the army, I noticed their scores back in the div 2 days, they didn't score much there either....something tells me i'm gonna have to be a very special keeper for the rest of the season to get sum points for our boys

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
my defence is uber, I can't wait to play the army, I noticed their scores back in the div 2 days, they didn't score much there either....something tells me i'm gonna have to be a very special keeper for the rest of the season to get sum points for our boys

Every post you work in something about your own play...when will it end?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another weekend of interesting matchup's, so here we go...

Westside FC “A”
Club Ireland "A"

Richmond Utd. "A"
Pegasus SC "A"

NK Hrvat
Royal United

Binger's Army
Shaheen FC

Burnaby Canadians
Burnaby Fury "A"

Good luck this weekend lads and Happy Thanksgiving!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
its cuz my posts are about "ME" perhaps

and "I" say a tie for this weekend

I know your posts are about you...that's my complaint! Have a read around the site why don't you and see how many others post about their own exploits on the field. Once you've gone and done this and IF it sinks in...try it on for a change :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 1 Westside 1

I heard that Club Ireland took the piss out of them and were VERY unlucky not to take all 3 points.

GIRUY

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Club Ireland 1 Westside 1

I heard that Club Ireland took the piss out of them and were VERY unlucky not to take all 3 points.

GIRUY

I'm pretty sure body language said it all as both squads walked off the pitch at the end of the match. We took it as a loss and they were happy with the result. 1-1 was fair. We dominate possesion in the first half but do very little with it...particualrily in the last 3rd. Everytime they have the ball they hammer it up the pitch and into our keepers hands. It kind of reminded me of Ireland in the 94 World Cup. Second half we get an early penalty and score. Was it justified Alikira? Absolutley...unlucky but justified. A clumsy tackle on a guy who hadn't even taken a touch yet. Anyhow I'll let guys go on and on about its merit. I can only go by what i saw on the touch line 5 yards away (thats right i was on the bench) Like an quality side does (rolling eyes) we decide that throwing 11 men into the box for the last 20 minutes is a good tactic and Club I comes with some pressure and are eventually rewarded with a good turn and strike from 15 yards out....3 minutes previous to that we miss a sitter from 6 yards and then a breakaway 2 minutes after their goal. Club I had a few chances in the box on some good balls through but with noone on the other end. I'm still wondering who these great signing are though...seemed like it was the same old guys from Club I doing the damage. Good match by their centre back and by CIC who finally woke up when he went up front (although ive never seen a guy get away with so much before...full credit to him of course) I dub Club I the Bolton of our league...they ain't pretty but they'll play hard and get results. ;)

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
I'm pretty sure body language said it all as both squads walked off the pitch at the end of the match. We took it as a loss and they were happy with the result. 1-1 was fair. We dominate possesion in the first half but do very little with it...particualrily in the last 3rd. Everytime they have the ball they hammer it up the pitch and into our keepers hands. It kind of reminded me of Ireland in the 94 World Cup. Second half we get an early penalty and score. Was it justified Alikira? Absolutley...unlucky but justified. A clumsy tackle on a guy who hadn't even taken a touch yet. Anyhow I'll let guys go on and on about its merit. I can only go by what i saw on the touch line 5 yards away (thats right i was on the bench) Like an quality side does (rolling eyes) we decide that throwing 11 men into the box for the last 20 minutes is a good tactic and Club I comes with some pressure and are eventually rewarded with a good turn and strike from 15 yards out....3 minutes previous to that we miss a sitter from 6 yards and then a breakaway 2 minutes after their goal. Club I had a few chances in the box on some good balls through but with noone on the other end. I'm still wondering who these great signing are though...seemed like it was the same old guys from Club I doing the damage. Good match by their centre back and by CIC who finally woke up when he went up front (although ive never seen a guy get away with so much before...full credit to him of course) I dub Club I the Bolton of our league...they ain't pretty but they'll play hard and get results. ;)

I like that last line, quality. :D

Notcher you hit the nail on the head with your lot taking the match as a loss and us being happy with the draw. Now don't get me wrong, we aren't happy to only get a point, but in a match like that, you need to take what you can get. Good character on our part to keep patient and get the equalizer with less then 15 to go.

As you so kindly pointed out, I, along with the squad woke up a bit in the 2nd half. After you scored, IMO you lot seemed to take your foot off the gas and we're content to play counter attack against our pressure.

About me getting away with stuff? What are you on about, the big Gorrila Gebbe at the back was all over me but hey, that's the game :D:cool:

A good battle against some not so friendly opposition, Maze et all ;)

John,

One meg lastnight, not on Smally though :)

Happy Thanksgiving lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0