Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions - November 2006

Bingers 2-2 Canadians

Our inability to finish has again left us without three points we deserved, although bby put in a solid effort and will be pissed not to walk away with a win. Bby was up 2-0 and we tied it all up in the last 5 minutes. We hit posts, crossbars and even the keeper point blank a few times, but couldnt put it in the back of the net to save our lives. We will need to seriously improve if we think we should be at the top of div 1. Congrats to Bby though, they almost embarrased us big time.:eek:
Up next, the grudge match against Westside.:mad:
Go Army!

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any update on the City Blaze and Westside Rino game? I went to Point Grey this afternoon around 5pm and nobody was at the field.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Strictly Business said:
Any update on the City Blaze and Westside Rino game? I went to Point Grey this afternoon around 5pm and nobody was at the field.

City FC was up 1-0 at 35minutes - the ref called the game because the lights didn't come on......for the life of me why Westside didn't try to figure out the light problem during WARM-UP is beyond me

We asked repeatedly during pre-game why the lights weren't on and the response from Westside was simply that they were "working on it".........

Not sure what the outcome will be on this one.......

SB - I trust you guys will have the lights figured out for next Satuday:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See you then.......

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westdide/Blaze game..

Game ruled incomplete, according to the excellent site. As much as I/we were hoping for Westside to steal some points, it never looked likely at any point during the 35 minutes played. Westside are horrible. The penalty for Balze was a no-brainer after the #13(div 3cat at best) bundled over a Blaze player in an unthreatening area of the box. This is the same player who, during a 2cat game earlier this season, screamed at the ref for an offside from a throw-in, and the same player who took a straight red for throwing an elbow at one of our players.

As for my opinion as to what should come of this game is that Blaze should be awarded the match, simply because of Westsides lack of preparation or stupidity. It's Westsides home game, it's Westsides home field, and they know it gets dark before 5pm. I'm glad I made the trek all the way out from Coquitlam:mad: fcukin nobs!!

Glad to finally shake you by the hand 6'5". I finally figured out the fyv. Bloody cryptic.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

4STGMP said:
City FC was up 1-0 at 35minutes - the ref called the game because the lights didn't come on......for the life of me why Westside didn't try to figure out the light problem during WARM-UP is beyond me

We asked repeatedly during pre-game why the lights weren't on and the response from Westside was simply that they were "working on it".........

Not sure what the outcome will be on this one.......

SB - I trust you guys will have the lights figured out for next Satuday:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See you then.......

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

4ST,

The lights not coming on was nothing to do with lack of trying on our part... From warm-up to the point that the ref called the game we tried everything we could to get the lights on and put calls in to anyone we thought could give us info on why they weren't coming on.

Sorry that you guys had to make the trek and not get in the game. Looking forward to the replay...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did you call anyone from the other Westside teams?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
Did you call anyone from the other Westside teams?

The only number I had with me was Catliff's. He got back to me to say that he didn't know anything, but I could try calling the PG School teachers... Allina or Brion. By that time the ref had called the game.

CoolGuy

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well said gilzinho...you guys definately deserved the game given the amount of possession you guys had. Lack of finish may cost you guys promotion against Westside or Pegasus, other than that, you guys have a stellar defense! And you are correct again; for us to be up 2-0 and to shite the bed to have it end a tie, we are without a doubt pissed however, we will take every point we can to avoid relegation. On the bright side, we ( bby cdn's ) are a young team with lots to learn. This was the whole CAT team moving up to play Div 1. The whole squad is from U 19 and U 21 with only 2-3 guys with Div 1 experience. Learning and battling every week. On to the 2nd round....

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You can blame the Parks Board for the lights.
They're programmed to not go on before 5pm.
With day light savings coming about recently...

Hope you sleep better knowing that Inspector Blake.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

No... we can blame you. It is your field and your responsibility to make sure that everything is set to go.

Besides... the ball was in your end for 33 of the 35 mins played. It will help your goal differential at the end of the season to accept the 1-0 loss and move onto next week.

Hugs and kisses,

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector Blake said:
Glad to finally shake you by the hand 6'5". I finally figured out the fyv. Bloody cryptic.

Cheers... just 5 weeks too late ;)

iguessicanchangemyautosignaturenow...:D

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv said:
No... we can blame you. It is your field and your responsibility to make sure that everything is set to go.

Besides... the ball was in your end for 33 of the 35 mins played. It will help your goal differential at the end of the season to accept the 1-0 loss and move onto next week.

Hugs and kisses,

I dont play for Rino's......

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who knows how many games will be played this weekend if we get hit with this new storm system, but based on yesterday and so far today, we could get a full round of games in...hopefully!

Westside FC “A”
Binger's Army

Club Ireland "A"
NK Hrvat

Royal United
Pegasus SC "A"

Burnaby Fury "A"
Shaheen FC

Burnaby Canadians
Richmond Utd. "A"

Good luck this weekend if we play lads!

Burnro

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have a favour to ask of some westside players. I know there is a fella who plays for you named Daniel Haggart. I used to play with him at Cap college and apparently we are having a reunion party/game (probably not in that order??), would it be possible for you to get the message out to him??
Maybe just get him to sign on to takethepiss and send an email to:

jpa30@telus.net

Thanks lads...see you friday night!!

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

gilzinho said:
I have a favour to ask of some westside players. I know there is a fella who plays for you named Daniel Haggart. I used to play with him at Cap college and apparently we are having a reunion party/game (probably not in that order??), would it be possible for you to get the message out to him??
Maybe just get him to sign on to takethepiss and send an email to:

jpa30@telus.net

Thanks lads...see you friday night!!

He must play for Westside Rino's...no Daniel on our side

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 1 Binger's 0

It was a pisstake if that can be said of a 1-nil game. Our keeper never had a shot and their keeper did well. Cracker of a goal in the 15th min or so. You can see why they're a stingy side....

Hope you're man found his wallet...

gilzinho

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Outworked, outplayed, outperformed.......Outclassed

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze 1 - Punjab 1

Good game at Point Grey tonight with lots of intensity. First 30 minutes Delta carried the play, next 30 Punjab carried it and the final 30 both teams traded opportunities for the winner.

All in all a tie is a fair result - not what either team was looking for but we'll move on - nice to have the 6 point cushion on the Hurricanes. #10 for Punjab easilly the MOTM - dangerous all over the park

A VERY frustrated 4ST OUT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0