Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was that the same ref that reffed NK vs Binger's? If it was do't be surpriesed. It is all an act for him. Mr drama fango on the march again. Looks like Chile will stay in div one. Good on them. Tough bunch of guys. Nico is the leader.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love hearing all these gripes about refs because it's so infantile 95% of the time.

Fact: reffing is neither fun nor lucrative. It's a thankless endeavor that is more masochistic than anything. Unless you are a ref, have ref experience in the past or intend to become a ref you ought to go f*** yourselves. You try managing 22 has beens and never will bes who often exhibit the maturity level of an adolescent for 90 minutes. Not easy, and not fun.

Fact: you win the game by scoring more than the other team, not by who is in charge of the whistle. No elaboration needed here.

Blaming others, particularly exogenous parties, is about as effective as banging your head against the wall. I suggest remedial action in the form of training harder. Improve your fitness, team cohesion and individual skill and see what happens. We are playing men's Div 1. rec soccer for Christ's sake...enough whining and moaning about the poor refs.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's funny I see they have 5points in 6 games with 4th&5th place teams more points fewer games played.Yeah they're a lock.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like people probably did encroach and that your emotions have convinced you to the contrary.

Had the keeper not saved it and a striker was encroaching you would be equally upset, and posting about bad referees.

Alot of fingers seem to be pointed at external forces, such as referees, as reasons for teams losing points, perhaps it's time people started looking at aspects of the game that they can control, and start working on that.

It's always going be tough to get something out of a game when you concede 3 goals, perhaps some defensive work is needed, then you would be taking 3 points when you score 3 goals. Looking at past results your team are yet to keep a clean sheet with 15 goals against in 6 games, but have scored at least 2 goals in each game (bar the shut-out against NK). It seems like you have an obvious problem, and if solved could survive the cull this year.

JMHO

I think that this is a correct assesment of E. de Chile's woes, the ref calling it back is bogus, however a penal is 90% goal before it's even taken...our issues lie in the crease and with the amount of mistakes the keeper made...three poor interventions by the keeper and three goals against. Chile is solid and I am convinced that with a keeper who gives them a save when it matters, we will shoot up the standings...coincidentally our #1 is at CAP trying to win a national title, only time will tell, but when you have the ball as Chile does in most of the games and score at a reasonable pace, like Chile does, it's just a matter of time before the trend stops...Chile has one problem and it will get fixed sooner rather than later. pd

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love hearing all these gripes about refs because it's so infantile 95% of the time.

Fact: reffing is neither fun nor lucrative. It's a thankless endeavor that is more masochistic than anything. Unless you are a ref, have ref experience in the past or intend to become a ref you ought to go f*** yourselves. You try managing 22 has beens and never will bes who often exhibit the maturity level of an adolescent for 90 minutes. Not easy, and not fun.

Fact: you win the game by scoring more than the other team, not by who is in charge of the whistle. No elaboration needed here.

Blaming others, particularly exogenous parties, is about as effective as banging your head against the wall. I suggest remedial action in the form of training harder. Improve your fitness, team cohesion and individual skill and see what happens. We are playing men's Div 1. rec soccer for Christ's sake...enough whining and moaning about the poor refs.

Exogenous? Really? Do you keep one browser tab on thesaurus.com at all times? :rolleyes:

Unlike the rest of Div 1, we've apparently lucked out with good refereeing performances the last 3 games. We had Miro, Captain, and Sasa (a new guy I've never seen before). Our results were 1 tie, 1 loss, and 1 win. All were fair outcomes based on the play, and not influenced in anyway by the referees. So thanks to the referees for doing such a good job at our games. Keep up the good work! :wa:

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's funny I see they have 5points in 6 games with 4th&5th place teams more points fewer games played.Yeah they're a lock.

I think he meant HK Harvat, but I will tell you that as soon as Chile gets a keeper who stops the ball CONSISTENTLY, they will make up a lot of given away points...count on it...too much skill on their side with 1 glaring hole that is becoming ever so evident.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Chile just call out their own keeper (who made a pk save, only to have it called back because his careless teammates encroached) for playing shitty? Ouch. I wonder if he'll even show up to play for them this weekend knowing that he's just going to get replaced by the Cap keeper when the college season is done.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was that the same ref that reffed NK vs Binger's? If it was do't be surpriesed. It is all an act for him. Mr drama fango on the march again. Looks like Chile will stay in div one. Good on them. Tough bunch of guys. Nico is the leader.

Actually, they will be demoted to division two as 9 teams go down......as the current standings sit.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Chile just call out their own keeper (who made a pk save, only to have it called back because his careless teammates encroached) for playing shitty? Ouch. I wonder if he'll even show up to play for them this weekend knowing that he's just going to get replaced by the Cap keeper when the college season is done.

Yes, and the Cap keeper will not be winning a National Championship. Douglas College will take that honour this year with the league's two leading scorers jumping in to the Richmond starting line-up. Richmond hasn't won a game yet and I'm pretty sure the young lads will help a few things. :)

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 1 Richmond will be drooling over these kids IF Premier Richmond doesn't need them. Although, Premier Rmd REALLY needs some scoring, so I doubt it, but we'll happily take the quality youth.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond premier needs a keeper. That is for sure. The guy now is a good second keeper not as a number one. Drops tomany balls in the box and does not talk the game from the back. Rest of the team is very good.Never say no to youth. Future depends on them.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real questions is will Richmond enter Imperial Cup or Div 1 cup this year?

By last year logic, it will be Div 1 cup..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real questions is will Richmond enter Imperial Cup or Div 1 cup this year?

By last year logic, it will be Div 1 cup..

Robino, thanks for the update on the club. :)

We'll keep you guessing right until the last minute as you seemed rather interested with the decision. :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Smoking gun". NK vs Cliff Ave this weekend . Batle of MBI strip. All I can say. If NK beats Cliff NK has a spot in top five in the league. That will sand Watcher mad. Boys will feed off of it and go basters. True test for Cliff. Balkan Sting vs Calabrian cayotes. Is somthing worth while to go see. Only rain gods could spoil it. Old fox must be thinking of a ploy how to beat NK. I just do not think Cliff has enough to do that.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and the Cap keeper will not be winning a National Championship. Douglas College will take that honour this year with the league's two leading scorers jumping in to the Richmond starting line-up. Richmond hasn't won a game yet and I'm pretty sure the young lads will help a few things. :)

I don't know Captain, Cap is strong if they get Milad back, he's hard to stop and coincidentally Cap started having a hard time when he got injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0