Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div.1] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League standings heading into March

1 'A'
1 Norvan SC "A" 14 - 33
2 Wickham FC "A" 14 - 28
3 Vanc. Lobbans "A" 14 - 27
4 Richmond United "A" 15 - 27
5 Deep Cove Royals 15 - 25
6 Vancouver Olympics 13 - 19
7 City FC Rangers "A" 15 - 16
8 Serbian White Eagles 16 - 14
9 PCOV 13 - 10
10 Vanc. Firefighters "C" 13 - 0

1 'B'
1 Indo-Akal FC "A" 16 - 40
2 Sikh Temple "A" 16 - 38
3 Cliff Avenue United 16 - 26
4 City FC Blaze 14 - 21
5 WFC Rangers "A" 15 - 21
6 IFC Polonia 14 - 19
7 Club Ireland "A" 16 - 19
8 IFC Sarajevo 15 - 18
9 Meraloma FC 14 - 12
10 Norvan Primos 18 - 4

Feb stuff is here http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7149

Post away...

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Official Result:

Sarajevo 1 Temple 0

Congrats to Indo. Good luck in premier.

Bridesmaids forever :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear that Temple has lost a super star and that Larsson lost a latenight side-kick with Titus heading back east to T.O. becoming the new asst. coach of the Lynx. Not sure if he will be playing or not, but it would be nice if he would post once and a while on TTP.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
I hear that Temple has lost a super star and that Larsson lost a latenight side-kick with Titus heading back east to T.O. becoming the new asst. coach of the Lynx. Not sure if he will be playing or not, but it would be nice if he would post once and a while on TTP.

hos

I can only assume you're being sarcastic, HOS, but then again you're an SFU grad. His posts were second to none a few weeks ago and it would be great if we could have that sort of piss-taking all the way from Toronto. Good luck, Dick Tit. We'll all be rooting for you, buddy.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Indo/Akal for earning promotion. You were really lucky when you humped us before Christmas. If we had scored 5 more goals, it would have been a closer game.

Well done, Gilly/Sandman and everyone else involved with the team. It really is a difficult thing to earn promotion, no matter what division or league it is in the world.

I'm putting an early call in here but I honestly believe Club Ireland will be involved in the promotion battle next year. I won't be playing and there will more than likely be some extremely positive additions to the squad.

Finally, we're officially out of the relegation playoff zone. Congrats to Burnro for coming in and doing a great job.

Hail Hail

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oly 1 - Lobbans 1
Saw Inspector Blake and the rest of the Lobbans have a tough battle with Olympics. My only comment:
when you really need a win, why is "Dumas" celebrating a tying goal by whipping off his shirt and parading around with a couple minutes to play, instead of getting the ball back to centre?!

Congratulations Indo/Alka, the best team won. Now it is still unofficial, so in the last game make sure all your players are eligible!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My only answer is that he doesn't score too many :rolleyes: Plus his english is a little weak, so after screaming for him to retrieve the ball and realising he couldn't hear/understand, I simply turned to the ref and said could he hold the time. A little more effective :cool: The game was difficult only cause we couldn't score from numerous chances. They were given one clear chance which was easier to score than miss, but he missed :eek: Then the same guy, I think, scored from a brutal deflection, which left Marco stranded. We were spent after the 60-70 min. mark, having only had 11 guys at kick off with a 12th man showing up later. That doesn't normally happen in the Lobbans camp. We usually have too many guys to get all on the park, just not today which made the last 30min incredibly difficult. Wickham with the only real chance of challenging Norvan for promotion now.
Good luck to both of them.....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
soca said:
they should pick up some guys for next year though.

What it wasn't enough that they took 4 players from Khalsa this year. It should be interesting next season with what looks like two very good teams coming up, Indo and Norvan, perhaps two seasons in a row where the teams that go up stay up, like this year, both Croatia and AFC have done well enough to stay out of relegation, leaving that to Peg and either Trollers or Weakside.

Capt., I was not joking about the asst. coaching job and it would be fun if he posted more, great stuff that one night.

hos

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Indo/Akal on a well earned fight to premier. Temple just couldn't buy a goal today against Sarejevo. To be honest the scoreline flattered us .....it should have been 3 or 4 nothing! ....our keeper made some great saves to keep us alive but in the end Sarejevo got the lone goal. Well reffed game by Angelo but it makes me wonder if the Sarejevo trainer ran out of the special Spray he used on them everytime one of their guys got shot by a sniper from the trees. ....bunch of pansies :rolleyes: ....take a hit!

p.s....good luck Sandman, Gilly, Lakeshow next year in premier!

Hard Ballz

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Indo/Akal on a well earned fight to premier. Temple just couldn't buy a goal today against Sarejevo. To be honest the scoreline flattered us .....it should have been 3 or 4 nothing! ....our keeper made some great saves to keep us alive but in the end Sarejevo got the lone goal. Well reffed game by Angelo but it makes me wonder if the Sarejevo trainer ran out of the special Spray he used on them everytime one of their guys got shot by a sniper from the trees. ....bunch of pansies :rolleyes: ....take a hit!

p.s....good luck Sandman, Gilly, Lakeshow next year in premier!...the better team won.

Hard Ballz

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the result of Wickam and PCOV I suspect Wickham won but don't know for sure, can someone cure my curiosity?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I'm putting an early call in here but I honestly believe Club Ireland will be involved in the promotion battle next year. I won't be playing and there will more than likely be some extremely positive additions to the squad.
I can only assume you're being sarcastic, Captain, or are you an SFU grad too?

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK so I got an answer but I am uncertain if it is correct, can someone else verify this score?

bazza

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Insp. Blake, have you ever played Premier soccer? or have you just watched from the sidelines and talked about how much better you are from the guys actually playing. I may not be the most skilled defensemen,but atleast I am out there contributing to a winning team, and if I have to move from my natural position on the feild to one that my team needs me at I am willing to do so even if "I don't have much ability" at that position. Afterall thats what being a well rounded player is all about and I am happy to contribute to a winning cause however I can, how about you?

harry feltersnatch

Mar 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey HOS, How did akal take away Khalsa players when they were actually Akal players playing for Khalsa because they didn't have a team in the VMSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0