Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Septemberl 2006

Keeper said:
Last week I was biting my tongue regarding a certain play where a Binger defenceman acted like a goalkeeper and made a beauty save inside the six without so much as a sniff at a whistle. But as has been said elsewhere, it's water under the bridge. ;)

I don't know the name of last night's official, but he's been around for ages.

http://www.takethepiss.com/multimed...-WestsideFCA2-1RichmondUnited008_original.jpg

Keeper, is that Salems Lot FC playing against Westside.

Sport Punjab

Sep 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 2 - 0 Westside Rino FC

A rather easy game for us. We played hard for the first hour and shutdown for the remaining half hour. Rino are not good as most people think, they are average at best. On to Sarajevo next week, how are they?

Our goal scorers:

Pammi Birring
Sirp Thind (diving header)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde said:
Definitely back in for next summer (and that Taterheed too, if he ever shows up:) )

Hi Stew. One day I'll make an appearance on a soccer pitch again. Not today though. Sitting here at work while the boys take on Burnaby (with hopefully a much better result than last week). Actually, Watcher said to phone him after the game and he'll tell me about all the goals he scored.:rolleyes:

P.s. Watcher is a copy carbon of Ronaldo. In other words, funny teeth, bad haircut and oversized belly.:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze 5-1 Lick-em FC

One sided... man of the match was the Wickham keeper.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

yeah uhmmmm watcher didn't score any :D and i didn't either :p

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv said:
Blaze 5-1 Lick-em FC

One sided... man of the match was the Wickham keeper.

Congrats to Delta Metro United for their first points in the VMSL.
Well done boys....!

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why don't they change their freaking name then. Blaze FC is soooooo tsawwassen. ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

next year OD... next year. :D

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Changing the name of a team is not as easy as you think. The league doesn't like these "takeovers" or "buyouts". The Sportstown to Firefighters situation was sneaked through - apparantley the league wants to stop such things from happening again.

Sandman

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

A few things, Burnro. :) JL's crossbar was before the goal.....:D

The free-kick was from 35 yards out. Probably didn't need a wall........at least from where I was sitting. ;) :)

I think it was a penalty and I also believe Peg was very lucky to have 11 men on the field at the end of the game. Number 8 with a harsh 2 footed tackle in the center of the park.....clipped the top of the ball and followed through.......The lad would not have been shocked to be sent off.......Their coach knew this and subbed him immediately........

Peg looked very tired in the second half surprisingly. They have a very good player up front(I think the fella who scored the free-kick and the first goal) but I'm pretty sure they will drop a few points along the way.

We know Westside is not going to win it.....so it should be wide open this year....

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
We know Westside is not going to win it.....so it should be wide open this year....
I wonder how fishing is going to be this time of year. ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

amazing insight 2 games into the season...

Mastan

Mar 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well i guess a 2-0 scorline was an alright result for Sporting , considering westsides grabing , clutching and everything else the tried to slow down Sportings forwards that kept making there D look like a group that belongs in Div 2 at the best !

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Instead of me looking it up, how does the promotion/relegation to and from Premier work for the Div 1 teams...?

Cheers

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

crafty cokcney said:
Instead of me looking it up, how does the promotion/relegation to and from Premier work for the Div 1 teams...?

Cheers

Crafty Ol' Boy:

Top team in each of 1A and 1B goes up, bottom team from Prem "A" and Prem "B" goes down.

Gotta win to move up.

4ST OUT!!!:bronco: :bronco:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

For now, you guys are correct however checkout:
http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/vmsl/12284-vmsl-premier-meeting-tonight.html
where you will see the League is trying to reduce the number of teams in the Premier Division. Their idea was 3 Prem teams down this year and only 1 Div1 team up. The Premier teams voted and passed it, but the Div1 teams voted against it. I believe the vote was defeated 6-5 and the story I heard was that the Blaze had sent a letter with an absentee vote of "whatever Azzi" wants. You guys may want to attend such meetings in the future if you have an interest in earning promotion.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

NK 3 Burnaby Canadians 0.

I tell you it sure feels a lot better than losing 5-0 to Club I. It was very depressing. However the boys showed up at practice determined to not let it happen again and that was nice to see. So this week it was 0-0 at the half in a tight contest. NK deserved to be up but could have potentially gotten in trouble, then lost, and that would have been a real downer. The Watcher told the boys at the half that they haven’t gotten the reward for their stellar effort yet and to try even harder but inside I was wondering if we could actually do it or if the capable youth of Burnaby would take over the pace. The Watcher was elated to see that there is a whole new level of play to be tapped and that his pre-season comments were indeed not off the mark (except for Club I hobbling back to Ditchmond). The Train should not fall any farther in the standings than they currently sit now and have the talent to maybe topple the teams above them. Really looking forward to the rematch with Club I mainly because their old grey haired coach told us to go back to Div 2 where we belong. Wouldn’t it be fitting if he had to eat that shite. In his defence though, he appeared to be justified with his comments on that day.

PS…….. our keeps deserved a shut out this week for his super efforts in the first week where he appeared to be the only NKer who belonged there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0