Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Septemberl 2006

well, basic summary is: Club I played well, they deserved to win without a doubt and they will be one of the better teams this season. We had a few chances but most went wide, really only one great shot and a good stop by Club I keeps. For most part it was a break away after a break away pretty much the whole game. One thing is for sure though next game vs Club I and really the other teams will not be of this status, it was a good lesson for the n00bs in div. 1. :D

I suppose you were the striker no9? club i champ?? If it was you, than, you played well. I played vs in the summer league in richmond on wednesday (remember I got a concusion that game)

oh and as far as that incident happened in the box, I just want to make it really clear that I didn't punch you guy, I was lucky that the ref was in the right place as it seemed to many that I did, all I did was push him off me. I am a little smarter than that to get a red card and leave my team in a hella lot of trouble. anyways gg by you guys

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

FCbytca, is Mark coaching your team this year?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

negative, unfortunatelly mark is no longer w/ the team

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, got to hear about it on Saturday; he reffed my kids' team, and did a credible job.

Did Da Potaytoheed show up?

Looks like the summer season prepared you more than you thought it would - especially with "breakaway after breakaway..." :D

Who was your ref?

Trece

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FCB:

From my point of view, it looked like you threw a cheap shot but it's over now, water under the bridge.

TV:
Our ref was Hadgi(sp?) He was garbage for both teams though:rolleyes:

Anyone know what kind of shape McMath Secondary is in?:confused:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

McMath normally = bad. It doesn't appear to have regular watering done on it, kind of like Central Park yesterday. Last time I was there, it was really brown...

ps - your favourite ref can be found nearby...:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

club_i_champ said:
FCB:

From my point of view, it looked like you threw a cheap shot but it's over now, water under the bridge.

TV:
Our ref was Hadgi(sp?) He was garbage for both teams though:rolleyes:

Anyone know what kind of shape McMath Secondary is in?:confused:

Shite. I reffed there on Saturday. I told Arnold over a week ago to get off the field but apparently he hasn't listened.....Steveston would be a better option........

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

FCbytca said:
I played vs in the summer league in richmond on wednesday (remember I got a concusion that game)
Sounds familiar... some lackey from Club I kicked me in the face when i was down after a save in summer league a few years back... had to take a year off to have my mug rebuilt since it was broken in 4 spots...

... but it's over now, water under the bridge :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv:

Actually, in the game that FCbytca was talking about, nobody hit him - he whacked the back of his head on the ground hard enough that the phone started ringing and wouldn't stop. CIC and most of his friends actually behaved themselves that game....:rolleyes:

Trece

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FFS, get over it.........Club Ireland is the cleanest team around.......

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
FFS, get over it.........Club Ireland is the cleanest team around.......

Not sure about that, while I have seen far worse teams, I remember a few years back Club I having some big goon comitting a brutal tackle on Dave Morris after he popped 2 in the net, might have broken his leg if he didn't see it coming at the last second.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big goon? Don't recall that......but Dave Morris dives more than Greg Luganis so I'm sure it wasn't that bad. In fact, isn't he one of the players in the league who gets paid? If he gets paid for his dives, he would certainly earn more than he ever did with the Whitecaps.......BTW, where is he playing now?

I remember the game well.......he did ****-all and was completely marked out of the game.......scored a penalty and then when CI pushed up for the tying goal, he scored an offside goal. Yes, I remember it well......at Kensington South.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
Big goon? Don't recall that......but Dave Morris dives more than Greg Luganis so I'm sure it wasn't that bad. In fact, isn't he one of the players in the league who gets paid? If he gets paid for his dives, he would certainly earn more than he ever did with the Whitecaps.......BTW, where is he playing now?

I remember the game well.......he did ****-all and was completely marked out of the game.......scored a penalty and then when CI pushed up for the tying goal, he scored an offside goal. Yes, I remember it well......at Kensington South.

It is not how you score but the fact you score!!After all not everyone here knows how all the goals in league play were scored.Either way you lost!Bite the bullet not the leprechan!
I played alongside dave on select teams.I wish i had him teammate again.But now i am a defender.Thinking of maybe moving back to forward again.
Doesnt luganis have like 19gold medals?:rolleyes:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

just happy to get some banter going in here!!! :)

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The older Whitecap players are no longer allowed to play in the VMSL during the Fall Season, they train year-round now, but I belive he plays in the indoor league at 8 rinks. If and when they are allowed to return I would assume he would return to Temple and without the Temple guys even having to pull out their pocketbook. I believe last year he was helping run some of Temple's youth soccer schools.

RATU

Jul 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler said:
I believe last year he was helping run some of Temple's youth soccer schools.

better than working at saffron i guess;)

Shagaholic

Sep 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gettin paid with some wicked Indian food from Saffron...not a bad deal.

gotta love that butter chicken!

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

crnogorski fudbaler said:
It is not how you score but the fact you score!!

Indeed. Do you remember how many we scored in both games against your lot? Enough to earn us 6 points.:)

Any word on what this Burnaby Fury team are like?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

well, for the start Fury don't have me in net :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money