Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Match Day 1 - Sept 09/10 2006

Group A

Richmond United A
Pegasus SC A
Westside FC (Rangers) A
Shaheen FC
Club Ireland A

Group B

City FC Blaze
Meraloma SC
Wickham FC A
Lobbans FC Hellas A
Westside FC Rino A

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Septemberl 2006

Cliff Ave. have not left their senior team to the youngsters, as have been rumoured. They were a mix-n-match of old and young but with only one or two younger lads, to be honest. And they stated that this was their first division team.

Actually, you played the team that played in Div 1-CAT last year. They have now moved on to the O-35s and are playing in div 1.

Not that this has any real relevance to anything:D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vinnie isn't div 1 Cat only for Premier teams second teams? Not that that has any real relevance to anything. ;)

Good luck with promo.

Dap good luck staying healthy.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze 0 - 1 Punjab Sporting

We had the chances... they got the goal. They were a well organized team. They deserve a lot more credit than anyone is giving them.

Hope the lad with the knee disaster is going to be ok... looked bad.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnro said:
Quite suprisingly, since neither Keeper, Stranger, or Notcher have posted any predictions for Div. 1 'A', I'd better start things off, so come on lads, let's see what you all think about our opening weekend fixtures!

Richmond Utd. "A"
Burnaby Canadians

Pegasus SC "A"
Royal United

Binger's Army
Westside FC “A”:wa: :wa: :wa:

[B]Shaheen FC
Burnaby Fury "A"
NK Hrvat
Club Ireland "A"

I'll give you the win but soomething tells me you will tie!!!...................bite!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Richmond United 1 Burnaby Canadians 1

To be honest, there didn't seem to be a lot of intensity in the game........I caught the second half. Perhaps the first half was better......

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

RUFC 1 - 1 Bby Canadians

The score does tell it all here. The game was uneventful, lacked quality, and overall both teams came away dissapointed in only getting a point and in how they played.

RUFC probably deserved better missing two breakaways while I don't think Bby had any real chances (thier goal was an OG off of a defected shot)

Bby are quite young, very fit and quick, and played a disciplined system that will keep them competitive all year.

~J~

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

John,

Your goal was an own goal too. :) Two breakaways were missed and Burnaby lacked anything up front.....To be honest, I thought Burnaby would be a lot better......

I thought they had a few lads that didn't look fit......their backline was okay but they will be middle of that pack when all is said and done......if they keep the same squad. They only had 1 sub.......

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Alikira,

Mid pack is what I would expect from them too.....at best in this side of Div 1. But with just one sub they could be in real trouble as the year goes.

We certainly will need to be better and in a hurry. This side of the division though will have points being lost all over. Any predictions on how many points it will take to win the side this year?????????/ I think it has been plus 40 the last few years but I think this year is will be lower..........say 38!

Good luck to those tomorrow.......may you all get a point:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Come on, Club Ireland. :D

I agree......NO team is going to run away with although according to Stranger, everyone should just hand the trophy to Westside now........:D

CoolGuy

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Perfect analysis by JOHN and ALIKIRA,

We BBY are a young and inexperienced squad. Half the squad consist of youth players coming straight to mens soccer. Mid pack seems reasonable given our work ethic, attitude and energy. RUFC with a few more chances and possession. First game as a team for BBY, no exhibitions! 1 sub didnt help either, work commitments may prove costly in the future. We will happily take the point and move on to NK Hrvat next week!

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

uhrrrmmmm cool guy, so still playin eh??? it will be good to see ya next week

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bend over, NK Hrvata.........:) Welcome to division one.....

Club Ireland 5 The NK Train 0

Looking forward to the game report............;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bingers Army 1 Westside Rangers 0

Westide Rino 2 Sarajevo 0 (about 30 minutes in)

Sport Punjab

Sep 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv said:
Blaze 0 - 1 Punjab Sporting

We had the chances... they got the goal. They were a well organized team. They deserve a lot more credit than anyone is giving them.

Hope the lad with the knee disaster is going to be ok... looked bad.

From what I saw, City Blaze don't really look that great. They are the typical kick and run type. The defender gets the ball, looks up and kicks it to his forward. No midfield buildup whatsoever. The only chance I remember the Blaze having was off on a corner when the ball was cleared off our line by our defender. Other than that it was nothing note worthy. We on the otherhand had about 4 one on ones with their keeper in which he was able to save 3 of the 4. If it weren't for him, the game would have been over in the first half, kudos to their keep.

Interesting how both teams viewed the game differently.

Goal scorer for us was Pammi Birring.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wickham 2-0 Cliff Ave.

Cliff Ave. is a brand new team. All the older guys are moved on to the Masters league. Average age is around 20. Quick and fast but in experienced. They have a few skilled players that can cause some trouble.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sport Punjab said:
We on the otherhand had about 4 one on ones with their keeper in which he was able to save 3 of the 4. If it weren't for him, the game would have been over in the first half

Well done Sixfyv:cool:

Fully deserved 3 points today for the Hoops in a game which had a card happy referee. Three red cards in a ten minute span ten minutes into the second half left the game 10 vs 9 for Club I. After that, a walk in the park.

Credit to NK's keeper (FCByta I beleive) who did'nt have much help today, but managed to stone me over and over..:(

Any other results?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Disappointing start to our season today. It took Westside about 20-25 minutes to settle down (opening day jitters, I suppose), but towards the end of the half, Binger's was starting to look a little fatigued and our chances were starting to come.

Unfortunately, the Violet Army was already one up thanks to a nice looping strike from 20-25 yards.

After that it was basically a empty attempt at making a come back. Binger's defended very well, and it seemed that we could've had until Thursday and still not score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0