Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February 2006

Could be more then the Plaza this week Gurps. Friday night plaza, bring the indoor boys out, Saturday should be a party assuming Temple wins, just might have to appear at that if your going. Sunday if your Cat team wins a game again finally I will have to come out and celebrate that as its been a while.

Hard Ballz, I watched the first temple vs. fiji match, and wow, you guys were lucky to come out on top in a temple dominated match. We still got some cold days ahead which could be troublesome for you guys.

Agreed though both teams still got a few testers left. The facts are a Temple victory and they have to screw up in both of thier last games. Lobban's win and Temple needs a them to at least tie and win out themselves.

Should be a great game Saturday night. Both are good teams, Lobbans have a size advantage, and have a good midfield and defence, Temple defintely have an advantage in speed and should be highly motivated with that Premier spot just out of reach yet again.

Grimm, that Morris guy is at least still trying to play for the caps:wa: what's goin on davey? I know ur around on these boards

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler.....dominate this! Move on to Plaza where you can dance by yourself again:bronco: .

Hard Ballz

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple 1- 1 Lobbans Got there a bit late but a great game with great atmospere as temple sidelines were packed. Lobban's as I staed the other day with their size advantage were able to get up on a header and score at the beginning of the game. From there temple took it to them, I can't even recall Lobbans even getting a shot on net or near the net after that. It was only a matter of time before temple countered as they took it to them the rest of the game with thier speed and staminia and were able to equalize, the super sub Dave Chohan. Lobbans has no steam in the 2nd half and were simply outplayed. Lobbans GK saved the day making 2 great saves off of point blank headers. Luck was definitely on the Lobban's side, they were able to clear 4 balls right off the line, one of them actaully appeared to cross the line, but was hard to say 100% for sure from my position. Temple lads were pleased with the tie, knowing the season is in their hands. As I left I saw them backing up the car full of beers, I suspect in 2 weeks time if they get promoted they will be brining in a semi. Good luck boys. Gurps if Temple gets promoted you better bring me out to the party.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Some of what freestyler said was true. Sikh did dominate for 2/3rds of the match, I'd say. A carbon copy of the first game when the 2 sides met, when Lobbans dominated with ease. It was always going to be a difficult re-match after Lobbans came away from last weeks match against Metro Ford with mutiple injuries. We had 13 out tonight at the game - 3 of which were div.2cat players, who by the way did admirably(sp). We had 2 (not 4:rolleyes: ) cleared of the line. However, in the 1st 30minutes we could've been up by a few of goals, as Sikhs defence were no match for our aerial ability. Sikhs threw everything at us tonight, including having the game switched to turf:rolleyes: What a fvcking joke! Our keeper almost single handedly won us the point tonight, but kudos to the entire team for working hard under the circumstances. I'd have given my I teeth to play them at 2pm on Kensington, which we were supposed to. Too bad they didn't feel as strongly(or confident) ;) Things that make you go hmmmm?

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
temple vs lobbans

Caught the temple vs lobbans match last night. Like Inspector Blake said, amazing atmosphere last night with upwards of a 100-200 temple fans on the side. After the first lobbans goal, which was won cleanly off a header in the first three minutes, it seemed as though the Lobbans decided that tactically it would be better for them to defend the game and put all 11 players behind the ball. This allowed temple to play with the space and go at the Lobbans the rest of the game. It is also agreed that the Lobbans keeper was the only reason that Lobbans came out with a point, he played a heck of a game. From my count, temple had two cleared off the line, two hit the cross bar and a few crazy saves from the keeper.

I'm not sure why the inspector is pissed off at playing temple on turf. Given the weather conditions of the past month or so, i thought it was smart decision by temple to have the game on turf so it was ensured to be played. Maybe it seems inspector, the lobbans didn't feel strongly (or confident) on turf?? Besides, apparantly it was temple's home game and so I am assuming they had the right to choose which field to play on. I don't think you can call it a joke...especially as the game was scheduled since Monday and it was never originally scheduled at Kengsington. Inspector, if you could have given your teeth to play on grass what stopped you from doing the same on turf??

Although the tie did enough for temple to stay ahead of lobbans, two extremely important games left for both teams....it's not done yet.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: temple vs lobbans

The Big Boot said:
I'm not sure why the inspector is pissed off at playing temple on turf. Given the weather conditions of the past month or so, i thought it was smart decision by temple to have the game on turf so it was ensured to be played. Maybe it seems inspector, the lobbans didn't feel strongly (or confident) on turf?? Besides, apparantly it was temple's home game and so I am assuming they had the right to choose which field to play on. I don't think you can call it a joke...especially as the game was scheduled since Monday and it was never originally scheduled at Kengsington.

True, it's within the home teams right to choose where they play. The problem I have with turf, and having to play on it back to back games, is the risk of injuries. We lost 3 players the week before on turf when we played MF Wolves, which has now left us a bit thin for the remainder of the season. We lost another player last night who will also be out for the last 2 games of the season. He had to play the final 30min on a bad ankle as we hadn't anyone to replace him with. I had asked Jas from Sikh to switch the game to 2pm on grass, but the team voted in favour of the turf. Understandibly:( An afternoon game would've given us the luxury of having a 3rd sub. As I've already said; Sikh deserved the win, and we were thankful to come away last night with the point. It gives us hope. Like you said; "it's not done yet", but now Sikh are in the drivers seat.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: temple vs lobbans

The Big Boot said:
Inspector, if you could have given your teeth to play on grass what stopped you from doing the same on turf?

An ACL tear in my left knee from last friday nights game vs MF on turf. :(

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector...Shite....sorry to hear...

all the best with the recovery and hopefully we'll see you on the pitch again soon.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well it appears that next week Temple will play Binger's as Fiji are still left in cup play, and Lobbans will play Sarajevo as Peg are still standing in the Imperial Cup. Leaves a possible great last week in the race for promotion with Temple having to take on Fiji and Lobbans the Peg boys.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler said:
Well it appears that next week Temple will play Binger's as Fiji are still left in cup play, and Lobbans will play Sarajevo as Peg are still standing in the Imperial Cup. Leaves a possible great last week in the race for promotion with Temple having to take on Fiji and Lobbans the Peg boys.

March 11th:
Sarajevo vs Lobbans
Fiji vs Sikh Temple

A win for Sikh this weekend would surely salt it. Hopefully Fiji will come out for this one and not make it too easy for Sikh..

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple 1- Lobbans 1

Temple should have won this game 4-1, with a bunch of goals cleared off the line, one that looked like it went in, one of the crossbar, and a few amazing saves by their keeper.

The Temple defenders had nothing to do in the second half, as the Lobbans put all 11 men in front of their net.:rolleyes:

As for the game being played on turf, its pretty sad that the Lobbans are complaining. Its was a Temple home game, and we wanted the game to be played. I can see why the Lobbans didnt want to play on turf, half their players looked like they were about to collapse from being run into the ground.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps, sorry but i don't know who you are but i think that your logic and your reasoning on playing the game at 6pm in surrey on turf is way off. Let's be 100% honest here. A turf pitch suits Sikh Temple way more than it suits the Lobbans. We are a way stronger team on grass at a slower pace. If you are trying to tell me that the decision to play on turf was not 100% because of that then you are kidding yourself. The game itself was not very well played by my team and we did find ourselves defending for about 80 minutes. I really don't think that it was intentional, it's just what happens when your missing guys or guys are hurt and you desperately need the win. Also just to clarify, one goal was cleared off the line after i made a save and one of the Sikh guys got the rebound and out of no where Clint flew over me and cleared it off the line. If that is the one that your referring to as "might have been in" then you are sadly mistaken because he jumped right over me and i was two or three yards in front of the line. The second ball cleared off the line was done because he was there, also Clint. if he wasn't there then i would have gotten to it. Your cross-bar shot is all in your imagination. I tipped that ball over, but the ref made the wrong call and gave us a goal kick. I think the ref did a good job all in all considering the atmosphere. Oh and let your fans know that everytime one of the opposing players touches the ball above their waist that it is not hand-ball, and when your strickers dive in the box, they should get a yellow card and not a penalty shot. well done Sikhs, you definately desereved a win but only got a tie.
P.s. season series gives Lobbans 4 points and Sikh's 1 point, even though it seemed like you guys won the world cup when the ref blew the final whistle.
p.p.s. Go Fiji, i know that you are going to give 100% this week. I heared some of the Sikh players saying the Fiji got 'lucky' the first game and would not get as 'lucky' this time.

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

p.p.s - GURPS - go back to div. 2 cat where you actually play, stop hangin up here with the big boys in div. 1

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

PLAYBOI, I played in both games against you guys when we beat you and I play on both teams.

I didn't play in the one we lost.

You guys are still in the relegation zone, so stick to humping sheep you hillbilly!

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

wow, could you squeeze any more excuses into one paragraph 2-9. if we're playing that game, lets bring up the last match when we played you in that crazy rain/windstorm on a muddy pitch. needless to say those conditions took away from our game far more than yours.

fact is, we were missing players as well so don't say that was the difference. with 2 CAT teams, there should be no reason you guys only had 2 subs.

the turf thing is a non-issue. of course we know it suits our style better, that's why we scheduled it there. we didn't want to risk a repeat of having to deal with the elements as we did the last time we played you. totally our perogative as it was our home game and the league had granted us approval.
you guys called jas, begging to change the game to a shite park (kensington) as it suited your style better so you were trying to play the same game.
When we played meralomas at connaught, we certainly didn't call them up and ask them to change the field to a better one.

bottom line is, you guys deserved to win the first game and we made no excuses about it. we deserved this one, and if it weren't for you standing on your head, would have come away with the full 3.
as for us badmouthing fiji, that's a pretty stupid and childish thing to say and i'm sure the fiji boys, who I might add are good friends and many are ex-teammates, can see right through your attempts at winding them up.

grab your pom poms for the next 2 games and cheer real hard cause that's all you have left.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Grimm, I don't think us playing Sikh or anyone on turf puts us at a disadvantage. It just did on this particular evening. I used to think the Italians had it bad when it came to weddings and such functions. Now I've learnt that the Greeks have it equally as bad. A Greek wedding over the weekend didn't help matters, and that's putting it mildly. Yes, maybe it's an excuse, but that was the reason I tried to have the game switched to earlier in the day. It would've meant us having a couple more bodies out. I met with Jas after the game and explained to him why I had wanted the game played earlier, which I couldn't tell him over the phone for obvious reasons. A great guy, and he fully understood why I tried to sell him on the fact that it would be too cold by 6pm, and not come staight out and tell him it was because we'd be thin. It was my trump card. It had nothing to do with the playing surface, as I'm confident playing anyone on turf. But yes, I'd probably 'prefer' to play Sikh on grass, as they don't seem to like the physical element of the game. What can I say? You guys played a good game and deserved to win. We're just happy to have had a winning record over you guys;)

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

When we played meralomas at connaught, we certainly didn't call them up and ask them to change the field to a better one.

What's wrong with Connaught:rolleyes:

Based on current rosters from my perspective Temple is probably the better, more skilled team, BUT Lobban's would fair better in Premier. Temple is way too soft.

Good luck to both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0