Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Dec 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Club I 3 - Serbian White Eagles 1

Relatively quick start to the game with the Serbs scoring first 15 minutes in on a bit of a lucky bounce, nicely finished however by #10. 1-nil. Within 10 minutes Club I levels and takes the lead, one on a nice through ball, the other a long throw-in set piece and we take the lead going into half-time.

Second half has the Serbs trying to push forward looking for an equalizer. Club I withstands some pressure and plays counter-attack. That counter attack results in their sweeper taking a 2nd yellow and lights out for the rest of the game. 20 minutes in we hit another set piece to make it 3-1. With no more then 15 to go, Serbs take another 2nd yellow down to nine men and it stayed that way until the end. A decent result and we'll take the 3 points.

I must say some of that Serbian backline aside for the right back are a bunch of cheap plonkers. Kicking of heels when trying to make a diagonal run, elbows all over all day, fcuking classless. Too lazy to follow the runner so chop him down :rolleyes: Regardless, thats 6 points from two games against the Serbs. :)

Now, after that rant, any other results?

Yes, Cliff Avenue beat Royal United 1 - 0. To be honest, Royal United were a little unlucky not to get at least a point out of it. A couple of tricky players who made things difficult for Cliff Avenue who only had one sub too.... The ref was ****ing atrocious though....

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 - 1 Sikh Templle

Well it would seem both teams are a little shy to comment on what went on out in Richmond Saturday so I will get things started.

The game itself I thought was quite entertaining..........from a soccer point of view as well as how things played out in the end. Some dodgy tackles, lots of spirit and emotion and some quality soccer from both sides, just what you expect and want from two teams with so much riding on a single game!

The first half was scoreless. RUFC missed a sitter from inside the six in the opening five minutes while Temple missed a late spotter. The play was rather even and there wasn't much in the way of chippiness or anything else but Richmond did have a couple of yellow cards while Temple had one I believe.

In the second half the game opened up a little but it wasn't until the 78th minute when RUFC's Danny Williams got the all important first goal. However not 3 minutes later, the ref decided to make himself the focal point and issue a second yellow card to an RUFC player. The player in question was called for diving while defending a Temple player in the box on an attacking free kick! The free kick had yet to be taken and when the Richmond player got up he was cut in the mouth and issued the second yellow and subsequent red card! Extremely harsh considering the point in the game, magnitude of this particular game, not to mention he was the one cut on the play!

For the remaining 7 or 8 minutes the ref issued approx. 5 yellow cards as well as a straight red at the end of the game, all to Richmond. The Sikh's tied the game up with maybe 4 minutes remaining on a close offside play.

Not to discredit Temple for yesterday's result but it very tough to take what happened at the end of the game. We, I believe, were issued somewhere around 9 or 10 cards vs 1 to Temple. And to have the ref's decision to toss out a player on such a discretionary call is very disheartening. We may not have handled it as well as we would have liked but in the heat of the moment, with season possibly hanging in the balance, well you get my point. Factor in the fact the ref played for Temple just a few seasons back.....................FCUK is still stings 24 hours later :(

Onto Peg next week.............

John

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it was Miro, I agree with Harballz he is hard on everyone. We have him all the time for indoor and he is card happy and forget about trying to talk to him while the game is on.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 more big games this weekend for the "B" side.
Sikh Temple "A" vs Lobban's SC Hellas and
Pegasus FC vs Richmond United "A"
anyone care to make some predictions?

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Club I 3 - Serbian White Eagles 1

Relatively quick start to the game with the Serbs scoring first 15 minutes in on a bit of a lucky bounce, nicely finished however by #10. 1-nil. Within 10 minutes Club I levels and takes the lead, one on a nice through ball, the other a long throw-in set piece and we take the lead going into half-time.

Second half has the Serbs trying to push forward looking for an equalizer. Club I withstands some pressure and plays counter-attack. That counter attack results in their sweeper taking a 2nd yellow and lights out for the rest of the game. 20 minutes in we hit another set piece to make it 3-1. With no more then 15 to go, Serbs take another 2nd yellow down to nine men and it stayed that way until the end. A decent result and we'll take the 3 points.

I must say some of that Serbian backline aside for the right back are a bunch of cheap plonkers. Kicking of heels when trying to make a diagonal run, elbows all over all day, fcuking classless. Too lazy to follow the runner so chop him down :rolleyes: Regardless, thats 6 points from two games against the Serbs. :)

Now, after that rant, any other results?
Maybe 6 points in 2 games but you are still below us:eek: Maybe you should have a look at my shins that were beet red befor you make comments like cheap!You just got back what you dished in the 1st half.Was it not" BONO" WHO SAID YOU GIVE WHAT YOU GET!!The singer of that irish band.Cudos to the foraward with long hair!A classy guy but the other one!cheap elbows all over!Our left back shut him up pretty good,took him down all ball and got a free kick out of it!WE are still playing injured and missing 3 starters!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Fudballer, seems like it will be an even game tomorrow,not sure what the injury report is like on the Olympics side of things?
PHP:
WE are still playing injured and missing 3 starters!
Hopefully you guy's are in the season spirit and give us 3 points for christmas!!;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good result for the Blaze boys to say the least. I enjoyed a few drinks with the boys too at the Rose and Crown. You're a good man, Rainesy.......cheeers, bigyin..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crnogorski fudbaler said:
Maybe 6 points in 2 games but you are still below us:eek: Maybe you should have a look at my shins that were beet red befor you make comments like cheap!You just got back what you dished in the 1st half.Was it not" BONO" WHO SAID YOU GIVE WHAT YOU GET!!The singer of that irish band.Cudos to the foraward with long hair!A classy guy but the other one!cheap elbows all over!Our left back shut him up pretty good,took him down all ball and got a free kick out of it!WE are still playing injured and missing 3 starters!

Your team is shite.

Merry Christmas, m8.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Hey Fudballer, seems like it will be an even game tomorrow,not sure what the injury report is like on the Olympics side of things?
PHP:
WE are still playing injured and missing 3 starters!
Hopefully you guy's are in the season spirit and give us 3 points for christmas!!;)

Why would we not?YOu after all are our greek brothers.Only the real greeks will understand this...Bet hey we gotta make it look like we tried!!What the league don't know won't hurt it!Anyone care to make a injury report here?Our goalie is having a acl operation done?One more down!We have no subs!SHiiieeeet!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crnogorski fudbaler said:
I though mate was australian?Maybe yuo should stick to reffing?

No, mate is universal. BTW, I forgot to add a little smilie at the end. ;) :D

I think I might just stick to reffing......:)

Merry Christmas, Crnogorski fudbaler.

Tiocfaidh Ar La

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympics 1 - Serbians 1---------> Serbs had two shots on net!! One went in... Tuff break for olympics... Oh well.. life goes on!!!

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
royal united 4 almenia 1

We finally get all our guys out for the first time and we get a win...:wa: last week against cliff we came close but this week we finally tasted victory ...too be honets this game could have been a by 8 but their keeper played well ....and they ran our goalie to score their only goal , otherwise no real threats ...hopefully we can stick together for the rest of the season and fight off being relegated

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous said:
Olympics 1 - Serbians 1---------> Serbs had two shots on net!! One went in... Tuff break for olympics... Oh well.. life goes on!!!
Player of the match went to hadgi!!
Would you not agree mark?I know you wanna add something to this!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0