Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Dec 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm actually glad the game between Olympics and WFC was cancelled yesterday.Like the Inspector says this game will probably be the game of the year towards determining promotion.It would have been a shame to have it played with half the season left.This way all the other teams have a chance to play spoilers now and try and take points away from them.As for Cliff Ave, no one can count them out.If the Olympics were to beat WFC,with all 3 teams having a game left with each other it will make all those games very exciting.Looks that this is it for this year so hope everyone has a good x-mas.As for WFC be careful how much you eat over the holidays,you wouldn't want to pack on too many pounds, it would take away from your team speed!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
I'm actually glad the game between Olympics and WFC was cancelled yesterday.Like the Inspector says this game will probably be the game of the year towards determining promotion.It would have been a shame to have it played with half the season left.This way all the other teams have a chance to play spoilers now and try and take points away from them.As for Cliff Ave, no one can count them out.If the Olympics were to beat WFC,with all 3 teams having a game left with each other it will make all those games very exciting.Looks that this is it for this year so hope everyone has a good x-mas.As for WFC be careful how much you eat over the holidays,you wouldn't want to pack on too many pounds, it would take away from your team speed!

What is x-mas, Conductor? :eek: :confused:

As for the league, Westside will win it. The Olympics can be exposed too easily and despite having a strong attacking team, this will be their demise. Having said that, most of Westside's players will come back 10lbs heavier from the holidays, so they might drop points before they drop the lbs...........:) ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Westside premier go down can Westside 1 come up the same year and if so who will smally play for?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One team is Westside, the other is WFC.

*wink wink*

Thus, both can exist in the same division.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Having said that, most of Westside's players will come back 10lbs heavier from the holidays, so they might drop points before they drop the lbs...........:) ;)

It's funny because it's true.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous said:
I But on a different note .. they are very lucky to be where they are!! They should have easily dropped points but for some lucky reason have not... Luck only goes so far... There is another half to go and i bet u they will not concur the same luck as they did the first 9 games!! The only way WFC will win the A side will be with alot of luck... Mark my words!!!

So true!
We're on serious lucky streak....how many years has it been?
Blessed indeed.
I personally double down on 13's....Ranger has horseshoes so far up his ass that even his parole officer can't find them.
Stranger is the only SOB i've ever known to win $10 on a scratch and win....Cerebral Smallsy was born with an abonormally large brain.
the list goes on an on...........
Lucky!

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
On a side note......the Blaze officially signed Jolly Rogers again......and I think Mark might be joining too if his back allows him. This will help the Blaze immensely in their relegation worries. To be honest, having seen the teams in that bottom half of the league, I think Binger's Army is in the most trouble.......although I haven't seen Polonia yet..........
Captain, you may be correct in your assumption of the Binger's Army aka Old Man United, but we are also expecting some much needed reinforcements after the holidays so don't count us out yet.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kaiser said:
Captain, you may be correct in your assumption of the Binger's Army aka Old Man United, but we are also expecting some much needed reinforcements after the holidays so don't count us out yet.

Didn't mean to count you out, Kaiser. Just on what I've seen when reffing, Binger's squad was quite thin, so if reinforcements are on their way then I apologize. Good luck either way, Kaiser.

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any City FC Rangers know why this Friday's match against WFC has been changed to Beach Grove on Sunday instead of the turf at Holly Park? I was looking forward to a match under the lights.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf is not available to us this weekend. Lights are being worked on and they have no time block we can use.

Don't worry, Beach Grove is in pristine condition. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CIC, that makes sense as I had a hard time not laughing out loud writing it. :D

:rolleyes:

It'll be a Muckfest if the games are a go.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
CIC, that makes sense as I had a hard time not laughing out loud writing it. :D

:rolleyes:

It'll be a Muckfest if the games are a go.

A muckerfest ain't so bad BA, I mean, that's what your lot has been playing all season so far :eek: ;) We on the other hand don't look all that better mind you :(

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
its been changed because its their best chance at taking points.........if i remember correctly from last year it was the worst pitch in the western hemisphere....narrow,lumpy, lined by Helen Keller and surrounded by a thorny mess......great place to find magic mushrooms...but no good for fitba'

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
If Westside premier go down can Westside 1 come up the same year and if so who will smally play for?
God, Rino & Nicholas would have a fit. Good luck on seeing them at Awards Night. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
its been changed because its their best chance at taking points.........if i remember correctly from last year it was the worst pitch in the western hemisphere....narrow,lumpy, lined by Helen Keller and surrounded by a thorny mess......great place to find magic mushrooms...but no good for fitba'

Fcuk, a team as good as yours should be able to play anywhere and get a result. Remember, they have to play on the same park. You'll be glad to know it's a small field, so your older players don't have to run as much. Watch out for the baseball diamond though and you better not get down a goal because I can see many City FC clearances going into the bramble bushes behind the goals. And the home team is only responsible for supplying 2 so you better bring some extras, Blazearmy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0