Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcio604

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got to watch the Rinos v Campo match. I wanted to see this rivalry in action and determine if Campo has what it takes for promotion. I will say Rinos has one of the better goalies in Div 1. He not only saved the penalty but also saved a breakaway and various other chances.

That being said this game was one way traffic. If there was a possession stat it would probably be somewhere between 70 to 80% Campo. The Rinos team worked hard from beginning to end, they definitely didn't want to lose this one. They had good counter attacks and had fit fast guys all over the pitch.

That being said the campo back line did not look slow, they kept up with the pace of Rinos only allowing one goal on a poor error. Their keeper also did well. Campo was extremely unlucky to not get any points out of this one. The Rinos goalkeeper and team did everything to stop the Campo attack, with roughly 15 fouls, definitely displayed heart to get the 3 points. The Rinos goal came from a poor clearance from the goalie and then poor communication between two defenders. With one behind the other and with the first one sliding but not clearing. The touch of his slide tackle fell on the foot of the striker for a tap in. The defender behind seemed in better position to clear.

As for promotion they play a good style but something is missing. They can have a great build up and then the ball would go under someone's foot or rebound off their shin. Perhaps a desire to get to prem is not there or perhaps a few extra players for depth. They are very close, which is impressive for a team right out of div 2, but close may not be enough.

The1&Only

Jan 29, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got to watch the Rinos v Campo match. I wanted to see this rivalry in action and determine if Campo has what it takes for promotion. I will say Rinos has one of the better goalies in Div 1. He not only saved the penalty but also saved a breakaway and various other chances.

That being said this game was one way traffic. If there was a possession stat it would probably be somewhere between 70 to 80% Campo. The Rinos team worked hard from beginning to end, they definitely didn't want to lose this one. They had good counter attacks and had fit fast guys all over the pitch.

That being said the campo back line did not look slow, they kept up with the pace of Rinos only allowing one goal on a poor error. Their keeper also did well. Campo was extremely unlucky to not get any points out of this one. The Rinos goalkeeper and team did everything to stop the Campo attack, with roughly 15 fouls, definitely displayed heart to get the 3 points. The Rinos goal came from a poor clearance from the goalie and then poor communication between two defenders. With one behind the other and with the first one sliding but not clearing. The touch of his slide tackle fell on the foot of the striker for a tap in. The defender behind seemed in better position to clear.

As for promotion they play a good style but something is missing. They can have a great build up and then the ball would go under someone's foot or rebound off their shin. Perhaps a desire to get to prem is not there or perhaps a few extra players for depth. They are very close, which is impressive for a team right out of div 2, but close may not be enough.

binderdonedat

Mar 28, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
God wanted Campo in Division 1. So far, this has proven to be a correct decision.
@Soccer Coach where you at? Your beloved Rinos take 2 outa 3 matches for now ;) Looks like god wants to punish you for using his name alongside shitty campo. Why you being so quiet? How bad does it hurt to loose to Rinos? Express your feelings for us by posting a few youtube videos. looooool

Daft_Hunka

Dec 17, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are Columbus coming straight back to Div.1? ... Hard to imagine that name with the likes of other perennial bobbers. Sarajevo and Shaheen are also leading their respective Div.2 groups a quarter into the season...Everyone wants back lol.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahahahahahah. Campo?? Good banter good laughs. They technically didn't even get promoted to div 1, let alone get promoted to prem. They only came to div 1 cause surrey firefighters dropped out of prem and went to fraser valley :stop:
U r correct. They didn't get promoted to div1. They were actually the 3rd place team in div2. There was a rule....rule 6.3 missing from the rules. This is a rule for vacancies. The rule for promotions if teams r tied and there isn't time for a playoff game then it is awarded to the head to head winner. Norvan storm was that winner. Then magically after this missing rule was pointed out the league decided to make it a goal difference rule. So in the end the 3rd place team was promoted.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still do not have you on the ignore list, because I hope that you come around and stop with the fabrication of accusations (i.e. paying players, illegal players, etc). I sincerely appreciate that we have online registration. Thus, there are no more headaches and confusions with other teams and players about registrations.
I wish the best to your team.
Come on Eduardo. Own up as we all know. Even one players father who is well known in north van said his son is paid. As for the illegal player playing we all know Edson played in a lower division in the valley. Time to come to reality and own it.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week:

Bingers v Campo
We'll call this the MOTW as two teams who have hit the skids lately meet, looking to stop the rot. Two nil-nil's and a pair of hard fought 3-2 losses sum up the last month for Bingers who are slipping earlier than usual after a bright start. Campo have only a solitary point to show from playing what were formerly the bottom two teams in their last matches, so they too should be a motivated group. It's the wry veterans vs. the young upstarts and while you tip the scales in terms of skill towards Campo, the Army always seem to be right in every game. It will be interesting to see who wins out as Campo take on a "traditional" Div 1 team. I think it could go either way, but I don't see Campo running riot and Bingers are the draw masters so I'll predict this one ends all even.

GN v Romania
Also a strong shout for MOTW and this time the teams are going in the opposite direction. GN had won three straight before a narrow loss last time out against league leaders NorVan. Meanwhile, Romania are unbeaten in their last four, having picked up 8 points over that span. Time to find out who is for real and who is just a pretender. Both teams with a reason to think they could win, but I like the Surrey boys on home turf.

South Delta v Rino's Tigers
SD can't seem to get out of first gear this season and were complete whipping boys in a 4-0 drubbing at Guilford last week. There's no respite in sight as Rino's are coming off a bye week following a pair of disappointing results against their promotion rivals Guilford and NorVan which has seen them fall back into the pack. Expecting a statement from Tigers in this one.

Rino's Vancouver v Rino's Fury
Both teams find themselves scrapping it out near the bottom of the table and these points could prove absolutely crucial. Looking forward to a spirited affair in this one. The question is: will it be a bit of skill or hard work that wins the day (and does either team have that in their locker?) in this encounter? I see a blood a guts, mud slogging draw out of this game (followed by immediate claims that, whatever the result is, it irrefutably proves there is collusion in the Rino's camp).

Metropolitan v Guilford
There's just the slightest pulse coming from Students who claimed their first win of the season this week to follow up that impressive draw against Campo. A tough time then to see CCB on the fixture list, as the promotion hopefuls should have no problem picking up the points out at UBC. Metro will hope their no doubt improved performances continue and if they can replicate and take to the next level the form they had against Campo then they might be in with a shout. I think it's long odds though.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers v Campo
We'll call this the MOTW as two teams who have hit the skids lately meet, looking to stop the rot. Two nil-nil's and a pair of hard fought 3-2 losses sum up the last month for Bingers who are slipping earlier than usual after a bright start. Campo have only a solitary point to show from playing what were formerly the bottom two teams in their last matches, so they too should be a motivated group. It's the wry veterans vs. the young upstarts and while you tip the scales in terms of skill towards Campo, the Army always seem to be right in every game. It will be interesting to see who wins out as Campo take on a "traditional" Div 1 team. I think it could go either way, but I don't see Campo running riot and Bingers are the draw masters so I'll predict this one ends all even.

GN v Romania
Also a strong shout for MOTW and this time the teams are going in the opposite direction. GN had won three straight before a narrow loss last time out against league leaders NorVan. Meanwhile, Romania are unbeaten in their last four, having picked up 8 points over that span. Time to find out who is for real and who is just a pretender. Both teams with a reason to think they could win, but I like the Surrey boys on home turf.

South Delta v Rino's Tigers
SD can't seem to get out of first gear this season and were complete whipping boys in a 4-0 drubbing at Guilford last week. There's no respite in sight as Rino's are coming off a bye week following a pair of disappointing results against their promotion rivals Guilford and NorVan which has seen them fall back into the pack. Expecting a statement from Tigers in this one.

Both teams find themselves scrapping it out near the bottom of the table and these points could prove absolutely crucial. Looking forward to a spirited affair in this one. The question is: will it be a bit of skill or hard work that wins the day (and does either team have that in their locker?) in this encounter? I see a blood a guts, mud slogging draw out of this game (followed by immediate claims that, whatever the result is, it irrefutably proves there is collusion in the Rino's camp).

Metropolitan v Guilford
There's just the slightest pulse coming from Students who claimed their first win of the season this week to follow up that impressive draw against Campo. A tough time then to see CCB on the fixture list, as the promotion hopefuls should have no problem picking up the points out at UBC. Metro will hope their no doubt improved performances continue and if they can replicate and take to the next level the form they had against Campo then they might be in with a shout. I think it's long odds though.

As usual great predictions @Canucks4Ever. I think there might be few upsets this weekend. Here are my predictions:

Bingers vs Campo
Campo tend to play well against skilled teams but don't do well against "Canadian" type of teams (long balls, hard tackles, and physical).

GN vs Romania
I haven't seen GN play this year so I cant say much about them. I have seen Romania play Rino's and they seemed pretty strong and got some skilled guys, will it be enough? I am picking Romania just because I haven't seen GN play.

South Delta vs Rino Tigers
Tigers are young and skilled and should have no problem winning this game. South Delta are definitely capable of pulling an upset.

Fury are the new boys in this division and would try to prove that they belong in this division. @Soccer Coach will be there making sure that they aren't colluding against Campo.

Metropolitan vs Guildford
Upset of the week. Metro got some players back they are going to be a tough team to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0