Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that most people are not aware of the organic connections. People's behaviour, thoughts, habits, and perceptions are highly conditioned by the formal and informal institutions that mould, produce and reproduce them.

I do not have time to get into details. I just will give you a couple of examples.
First, check the second goal of Mexico and Canada. This goal is not a random error. It is the result of lifetime of physical and mental conditioning that prevents the player from recognizing the situation. Here in the VMSL most referees and players do not recognize many fouls. I was recently talking to player who played in Italy and other European countries; and he commented how people see as normal many plays that would be granting yellow and red cards in other countries.

Second, these days rarely Canadians learn to play on their own. Most players learn to play in a completely controlled and supervised setting. Most players in Concacaf learn to play on their own on the streets or the school or park grounds. You can easily see how Canadian players tend to be very predictable, and show little creativity on the field with respect to other players in Concacaf and Commebol. This goes back to the younger formative years.
At the national level, the video below puts in evidence. At the amateur, VMSL level you can see it. As mentioned, I went to watch Coquitlam Metro Ford and I saw exactly this limitation. Yes, those guys have some technique and speed, but it was so predictable to see them play. Very boring and un exciting.

I could give more details, but I just provide this to make consider the connections. I am sure that you can discover many on your own.

In general, Canadian soccer players (amateur) are usually not aware how behind they are with respect to their counterparts (amateur players in other parts of the world) and how limited is their view of the game. The professionals can see it when they get trashed or dominated in the international level.

Nothing really bad with this. It is the way supposed to be. Rarely when we are in a social and political setting we are aware of our limitations or the reality because there are mechanisms put in place to blind us from seeing the reality. For example, when I talk to most Canadians they rarely see the racism and exclusion of First Nation in Canada, but they are quickly to identify and see the racism and exclusion toward Africans in the USA or South Africa. If you doubt it, you can check all the social indicators for Aboriginals in Canada or African Americans in the USA. They do not even come close. You have a better life as an African American in the USA than as an Aboriginal in Canada.

Essentially, soccer players in Canada have been carefully indoctrinated not see and be aware of how behind they are with respect to the rest in the area.

again - I guess it is completely beyond you to realize that VMSL has NOTHING to do with our National men's team success.

You give examples of lifetime conditioning - do you believe that conditioning starts in an adult men's competitive beer league?

Come on - if you want to change the soccer landscape. Go start or join a club, get on the board, and start developing programs and leagues for our u-littles that apparently no one else is able or willing to do (in your opinion).

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that most people are not aware of the organic connections. People's behaviour, thoughts, habits, and perceptions are highly conditioned by the formal and informal institutions that mould, produce and reproduce them.

I do not have time to get into details. I just will give you a couple of examples.
First, check the second goal of Mexico and Canada. This goal is not a random error. It is the result of lifetime of physical and mental conditioning that prevents the player from recognizing the situation. Here in the VMSL most referees and players do not recognize many fouls. I was recently talking to player who played in Italy and other European countries; and he commented how people see as normal many plays that would be granting yellow and red cards in other countries.

Second, these days rarely Canadians learn to play on their own. Most players learn to play in a completely controlled and supervised setting. Most players in Concacaf learn to play on their own on the streets or the school or park grounds. You can easily see how Canadian players tend to be very predictable, and show little creativity on the field with respect to other players in Concacaf and Commebol. This goes back to the younger formative years.
At the national level, the video below puts in evidence. At the amateur, VMSL level you can see it. As mentioned, I went to watch Coquitlam Metro Ford and I saw exactly this limitation. Yes, those guys have some technique and speed, but it was so predictable to see them play. Very boring and un exciting.

I could give more details, but I just provide this to make consider the connections. I am sure that you can discover many on your own.

In general, Canadian soccer players (amateur) are usually not aware how behind they are with respect to their counterparts (amateur players in other parts of the world) and how limited is their view of the game. The professionals can see it when they get trashed or dominated in the international level.

Nothing really bad with this. It is the way supposed to be. Rarely when we are in a social and political setting we are aware of our limitations or the reality because there are mechanisms put in place to blind us from seeing the reality. For example, when I talk to most Canadians they rarely see the racism and exclusion of First Nation in Canada, but they are quickly to identify and see the racism and exclusion toward Africans in the USA or South Africa. If you doubt it, you can check all the social indicators for Aboriginals in Canada or African Americans in the USA. They do not even come close. You have a better life as an African American in the USA than as an Aboriginal in Canada.

Essentially, soccer players in Canada have been carefully indoctrinated not see and be aware of how behind they are with respect to the rest in the area.

credit to you for how much you care though. well done. (no sarcasm).

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
again - I guess it is completely beyond you to realize that VMSL has NOTHING to do with our National men's team success.

You give examples of lifetime conditioning - do you believe that conditioning starts in an adult men's competitive beer league?

Come on - if you want to change the soccer landscape. Go start or join a club, get on the board, and start developing programs and leagues for our u-littles that apparently no one else is able or willing to do (in your opinion).

Once again, it is the way that you are reasoning is what is preventing you from seeing the reasons for the FAILURE.
You are assuming a liner and independent connection from each stage (i.e. a-b-c-d-e-g-h....etc).

There are two issue that might help you see, if you are open to the possibility of an alternative view.
The structure is more organic. Each stage is interconnected with each other (i.e. a-b, a-c, a-d, .... b-c, b-d). These multiple connections happen through a multitude of social interactions. From the enthusiastic U9 coach who goes and sees train the Canadian National Team and reads on the newspaper and media the commentary of what he observes, to the former National Team Member (open U20, U17) who eventually becomes a Technical Director and plays in the VMSL or becomes its board member. The whole Canadian soccer scene is closely and organically socially interconnected.

In addition to the actual social connections, there is the more important and relevant aspect of ideology or soccer culture that unites AND reproduces the behaviour of the individuals. From the National Team to the the U9 kid; they have been constantly told: "we know how to do it, we will go to the World cup, we have everything for success, the way we play and coach is the way to success".

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I completely understand your perspective on this. Don't take my position as a dismissal of VISL, VMSL or FVSL. Good leagues that definitely have a place. But, has nothing to do with improving our national team standing.

I'll suggest that seeing you place this amount of importance on such leagues with respect to our national team standing provides me quite a lot of insight.

Now, should the Canadian Premier League come about, and then a recognized 2nd tier is created or identified, then the VMSL would quite possibly be able to put itself on the developmental map as it pertains to our national team. I say this because VMSL would likely be part of the identified 3rd or 4th tier. Thus, a potential critical step in development for our YOUNG players. Until then....

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic, which, to remind you, is VMSL Div 1 Predictions, Results and Banter...

Will the snow at Van Tech be cleared in time for Rino's Tigers v Campo?? I haven't seen how much snow cover Van Tech has, but I know the city varies wildly. For example Point Grey is nearly completely clear, while Memorial is still heavily covered.

The weather is supposed to cooperate with HEAVY rain forecast beginning tomorrow night and continuing all day Wednesday into Thursday. Will it come in time to get the game in Wednesday night?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Tech this afternoon was still about 80% covered, with the exception of a patch being used by a bunch of "freelancers" wearing orange pinnies. Snow depth is probably still about 5 cm on the rest of the surface. If the kids at the school are out on it tomorrow, then that will break up any crust, but it still won't melt the snow quickly enough to have it open for any mid-week games.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I completely understand your perspective on this. Don't take my position as a dismissal of VISL, VMSL or FVSL. Good leagues that definitely have a place. But, has nothing to do with improving our national team standing.

I'll suggest that seeing you place this amount of importance on such leagues with respect to our national team standing provides me quite a lot of insight.

Now, should the Canadian Premier League come about, and then a recognized 2nd tier is created or identified, then the VMSL would quite possibly be able to put itself on the developmental map as it pertains to our national team. I say this because VMSL would likely be part of the identified 3rd or 4th tier. Thus, a potential critical step in development for our YOUNG players. Until then....

I can not do more if you do not want to see it or are not ready to see it. Perhaps one day you will see it.
There is a direct connection (with a few exceptions) between the way the game is played on the streets and the amateur leagues in a country and the standings on the national team.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic, which, to remind you, is VMSL Div 1 Predictions, Results and Banter...

Will the snow at Van Tech be cleared in time for Rino's Tigers v Campo?? I haven't seen how much snow cover Van Tech has, but I know the city varies wildly. For example Point Grey is nearly completely clear, while Memorial is still heavily covered.

The weather is supposed to cooperate with HEAVY rain forecast beginning tomorrow night and continuing all day Wednesday into Thursday. Will it come in time to get the game in Wednesday night?
After seeing the most recent weather forecast, I suspect that the game will go ahead.
I am disappointed that the league puts the game in the middle of the week. There is really no interest in caring for the quality of the game. At this moment, we are short in players and I might even have to join the field to play.

A very tough night awaits us, but as you know Campo players sometimes play their best under overwhelming situations.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Tech this afternoon was still about 80% covered, with the exception of a patch being used by a bunch of "freelancers" wearing orange pinnies. Snow depth is probably still about 5 cm on the rest of the surface. If the kids at the school are out on it tomorrow, then that will break up any crust, but it still won't melt the snow quickly enough to have it open for any mid-week games.
IMG_9173.JPG

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went for a late walk tonight. @trece verde and others: you have more experience with the snow. Do you think that the snow will go away? I think that the game will go on as the rain should wash it. Not a good situation for us.
I wish the VMSL would organize the games in batches rather than all over the place.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, that has definitely melted a lot since this afternoon. At this rate it should be playable by Wednesday night, although that will also depend on the Parks Board releasing it to the league. We still can't play on a field if it's closed.

VMSL's field times are juggled around availability, as the Parks Board prioritizes youth sports over adult users, and we also have to deal with field lacrosse, ultimate, grass hockey, Urban Rec, and other users. A field like Van Tech has added pressure as the school has priority during school days until 5 pm. It would be a real challenge to organize games in batches larger than we have now on any of the fields without having dedicated facilities available to us, and that is definitely not a cheap proposition.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like fields will be clear for
Rinos Tigers vs Campoo
The battle of the filthy Rich vs the extremely Poor
The downtrodden vs privileged

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like fields will be clear for
Rinos Tigers vs Campoo
The battle of the filthy Rich vs the extremely Poor
The downtrodden vs privileged
I am sorry to break it to you guys. We understand that you desperately want to be associated with the privileged economic and soccer circles in Vancouver. However, I am afraid to have to wake you up from this dream. You are not "Westside" and will never be no matter how hard you try.
This is why you guys were excluded from that club.

Westside rightfully represents the economic and soccer elite from Vancouver. It is just the way it is.

Now what the Tigers represent? where their money comes from?
This has already been discussed at nausea. If you are willing to take funding from Prince A-Waleed and his associates, then this just makes a you mercenary [(of a person or their behavior primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics].

A more accurate depiction would be the battle between those who play for the love of the game and those who play for foreign oil money.

A very tough game for us. Very bad from the VMSL to schedule a game when they know it does not work for our schedule.
No subs. I might even have to play to help the team. Really terrible situation to play for our team, but I know and have full confidence that it will be a good learning experience for our guys.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
We do play for the love and fervour of this blessed game. You guys play for money or prestige. This is something that you will never understand.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of all your stupid video postings I'll admit I like that one, as you've posted it before at least once, and find it catchy.

One of my favourite cities I've ever been to and yeah, they're fitba daft down there - I'll give you that Argie.

LaCabreraforever

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd die for a couple of cold Quilmes, off to watch River Plate at the Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti, and then to La Cabrera for dinner baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0