Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course, quite typical from the trailer park. No wonder this site becomes every time less relevant.

Some one say trailer park? I'd be very careful with my words if I were you. rumor has it a Latin Version of the Canadian hit series Trailer Park Boys is in the works and producers are looking for a cast member to play bubbles.

Here kitty kitty.....

bubbles.jpg

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course, it is not surprise that people resort to this type of replies. Pointing out to the fact that we are ranked 120th in the World and that many things need to be changed is not popular. Oh yes, we were quite happy on that day after taking the cup from our friends from Rinos.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's Vancouver SC 0 Campo Atletico 4
Since our friends of Rino's did not make a report, I will proceed with an account of the events.

First of all, I have to give credit to Rino's for not parking the bus like the last three games. They tried to play an attacking style of game. They had quite a few skilled players. Their keeper was superb. Their striker is very talented and clever, and I also particularly like the play of one of their wingers. In my view, their keeper is one of the best in the entire VMSL.

He saved them many times. The result could have been easily 7-0 or even 8-0 if it not for the good interventions of the keeper.

Unfortunately for them, as they tried to open up the game and attack, their back line was very exposed. Our players were able to exploit their weaknesses with quite a bit of ease.

We hit the back of the net in the first five minutes, but the assistant disallowed the goal. The referee in the middle was quite good, but one of the linesmen was several times out of position. We think that he made an honest error. The play was quick and essentially both of our forwards were alone versus the keeper as they managed to pass the defenders. The first forward shot, and the keeper saved it, and the second forward scored on the rebound. There is no doubt that the second forward was behind the other one when the shot was taken, so there is no off-side.

Anyway if referees at the world stage make this type of error, we can ask too much.

I was really going to lose it because five minutes later a Rino's player dives on the penalty box, and for a while it seemed that referee was going to call the penalty, but he seemed to have second thoughts about it. He made the correct call and let play go. This was a difficult call, but he got it right.

The game became quite exciting as the ball was going back and forth from one box to the other. Very fast transitions in both sides, and actually Rinos was trying to keep possession. Thus, I was having a good time watching good soccer from both teams.

We made some substitutions and changed the positions of players. This worked quite well.
We had a couple of one on ones with the keeper, but he saved them. We knew that it was just a matter of time, and indeed the goal came.

The first goal came from a penetrating pass. This time our forward put the ball nicely by the post.

The second goal was from a fast transition. A nice low long pass took their defensive line by surprise.

The third goal was a jewel.
Our midfielder did a karate style of kick that left their keeper confused. Like Blanco's goal againts Belgium.

The fourth goal was again a situation of two forwards versus the keeper. One of the forwards very cleverly allowed the ball to go between his legs and the two defenders got confused and collided and fell to the ground.

Overall, I was very pleased with the performance of the guys in the team. They worked hard but showed quite a bit of creativity and imagination on the goals.

A few of Rinos players started to get a bit frustrated and one in particular was fouling every single time until finally he got his second yellow and was sent out.

Of course winning is nice, but to me the most important thing is that the team played well; they had their fun and it was not a boring game. Once again, kudos for the Rinos management for showing nice playing and attacking style of football. Even if they lost, I hope that they feel fine because their team played well.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
With a second week of reasonable temperatures, no reason to think that every game won't be a go this weekend.

Thus, the return of my Completely Baseless Predictions:

CCB v Metropolitan
Guilford shook off the rust of the extended holiday period last week and got the result on the road in Tsawwassen. It seems Santa did not bring UBC any savior(s) for Christmas as they were well beaten at home 3-0. It does not appear that the transfer deadline brought with it any help either and Students' decision not to enter the Imperial Cup would seem to indicate they are well aware that the writing is on the wall. The Surrey lads, meanwhile, had some more goal scoring on their Xmas list, but through the first game back it would appear that they are still suffering from an inability to fill the net. Surely then, a visit to Surrey by the leagues bottom team should be just the cure they need to mend their goal scoring woes? Look for CCB to cruise in this one.

Campo v Bingers
MOTW here as last time these two met it was a hotly contested match at Memorial with plenty of drama and some controversial refereeing decisions mixed in to boot! Memorial was one of the hardest hit by the snow, thus this is Bingers first game back after the break. Campo did not look to have missed a step coming off the layoff, as they cruised past the weakest of the Rinos triad to the tune of 4-0 last week. Campo seem to have the bit between their teeth at the moment and are buoyed by a desirable(?) cup draw. Not that I doubt Bingers, but Campo seem to play their best when the can build up the game in their own minds. No doubt feeling wronged by the outcome in the reverse fixture, Campo will have a point to prove against the classic "North American style soccer" boys at Bingers. Add in the build up to next week's cup run, the convincing win over Rinos and the fact that Bingers haven't played in two months and it points to a Campo victory.

Rino's Fury v Rino's Vancouver
Yet another installment of the Rino's derby and this time it's two teams headed in opposite directions who clash at PG. The Fury dusted UBC last week, while meanwhile Vancouver were shoved aside by club nemesis Campo. The teams are merely one place and four points apart in the table, but it would seem that they are moving farther and farther apart in terms of their footballing future. Fury are up from Div 2, have been holding their own and look to be establishing themselves at this level. Vancouver used to be the top of the Rinos pyramid but, with the emergence of Tigers, they have sort of become an afterthought. Derbies are unpredictable and, generally, the form book goes out the window given the emotions and how much the game means. In this one, though, I will take the up-and-comers to extend the gap both statistically and philosophically between the two sides.

Rino's Tigers v South Delta
Perhaps the SD boys should be the most fit of anyone given the reported lack of snow accumulations in their neck of the woods. However, if that is the case, it failed to show last time out against CCB. Rino's returned from the deep freeze break, only to have a bye and to be supplanted at the top of the table by an opportunistic NorVan side. The North Shore lads must now sit and watch this week as Rino's can reclaim their perch at the top with a win against the Tsawwassen boys. It's the home stretch for the kids looking to prove they belong at the highest level and a convincing win over a team that has struggled most of the season would be a good start. Will they be ready and raring to go after the extra week off? Or will they be rusty and disinterested? South Delta are some quality lads and they will no doubt make it a tough game, however I have to think the Rino's crew find themselves once more atop the pile come Saturday night.

Romania v GN
Romania were the counterparts to Bingers in the Memorial freeze out last weekend, so they too face their first fixture back after a long break. GN had the cob webs knocked out well and good by NorVan last time out as they were handily beaten on their travels to the North Shore. GN edged Romania at home in their last meeting at the end of October, but that was the Surrey boys' last victory, having plummeted down the table since that time. Romania meanwhile are enjoying somewhat of a renaissance in the Division and, despite a pre-snowmaggedon loss to Tigers, have been giving as good or better than they've got this season. I think a win for the home side is in the cards here.

binderdonedat

Mar 28, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the final score between bingers and almighty campo? @Soccer Coach ?
Apparently the ref did not call 5 pks for campo and the sideline refs were from sunnyvale trailer park. Also the weather dropped below 10 in the second half, so now the league is dealing with several insurance companies and personal injury lawyers after campo players were stretchered off to get frostbite treatment :rolleyes:

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the final score between bingers and almighty campo? @Soccer Coach ?
Apparently the ref did not call 5 pks for campo and the sideline refs were from sunnyvale trailer park. Also the weather dropped below 10 in the second half, so now the league is dealing with several insurance companies and personal injury lawyers after campo players were stretchered off to get frostbite treatment :rolleyes:
Posted as 2-2

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting and even game. 2-2. Binger tied 5 seconds to the final whistle on extra time. Their goalie made a couple of amazing saves.
They went ahead and then we tied with two good goals. deserved result. report to be posted soon.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Atletico 2 - Binger's Army 2
Or Bingers always scores on extra time.

This was a more even affair than last game were we clearly dominated possession and scoring chances. During the first half we had difficulty building up play. The defensive unit worked well and this time we were quite concentrated on not receiving a goal from a corner kick. The pressed with three guys instead of the usual two forwards. However, we created three good scoring chances that were called off-side and two of them ended up in the net. Do not get me started here.
Perhaps they were offsides perhaps not. I would tend to venture to say that two were not offside because the forward came from behind.

In any cases these dubious calls have an effect on the game. To make things more difficult their goalie was having a terrific night.

After those saves I thought there is no way that we will score this afternoon.
During the second half we made several substitutions in the midfield and this improve the possession and functioning of the team. We were able to move forward and dominated possession and the chances.
Fortune was not on our side, they scored from a free kick and a double header.

However, the guys kept pressing for the equalizer and it was found in a form a fantastic goal from a finishing volley after a long cross.

This time the goalie was caught out of balance.

We scored again from a header in a free kick. A rare occurrence to beat these towers, but our guys managed to do it.

The game ran into extra time. The referee said there is no more time; this is the last play. Credit to them they worked really hard on those dying 20 seconds and beat our guys fair and square on the cross and header.

At this moment, I really do not want to know if the keeper was the one that scored the header, because yes, they literally have their 11 guys,including the keeper in the box, and someone put that header after dribbling by one of our wingers.

You could not argue. It is a deserved tie.
The first half was not very good, but during the second half there was good football in both sides. CCB tied to last place Metropolitan, and Vancouver Rinos beat the Fury. Thus, it is a very even division with all teams very close in strength.

To be honest guys there are many division 2 teams that could compete here. Green caps, from @Farquea, Burnaby Athletic, Norvan from @gunners, Sarajevo, Snipers from @MasterTATA and many others could do well in division 1.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you guys came from behind and so did 'Binger'? Both teams with incredible comebacks to tie?
That might be one interpretation. My sense is that they were very happy and excited because both of their goals came against the run of play. First half was even, second half Campo dominated and it could have been 3-1. One wall with fortune for them landed right in front of the keeper. A bounce in the other direction and our player would have been able to tap the gol.

However, the most telling issue is that you have a former bottom Division 2 team dominating the poster boys of VMSL Division 1 (and almost perennial contenders for promotion). There is almost no difference between the top of Division 2 and Division 1.
Perhaps it is the time to go back to 3 spots for promotion and relegation. This really would make division 1 very competitive.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That might be one interpretation. My sense is that they were very happy and excited because both of their goals came against the run of play. First half was even, second half Campo dominated and it could have been 3-1. One wall with fortune for them landed right in front of the keeper. A bounce in the other direction and our player would have been able to tap the gol.

However, the most telling issue is that you have a former bottom Division 2 team dominating the poster boys of VMSL Division 1 (and almost perennial contenders for promotion). There is almost no difference between the top of Division 2 and Division 1.
Perhaps it is the time to go back to 3 spots for promotion and relegation. This really would make division 1 very competitive.
I think div 1 has got it right. I remember playing in the two groups of 10 and there was some easy games. Right now no freebies in div 1. It appears the snakes and ladders happens way more in div 1 to premier and right back down which may just happen again with Columbus and delta

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The creation of a single Division one with the elimination of two groups of ten also helped move teams/players over to Masters as well.

We finished 6th/7th that that year in our group I think and got relegated they really cleaned house that year....saw lots of guys move to Masters after that.

From what I remember the bottom 3 or 4? on each side got sent down...and there was some type of playoff with remaining fifth place teams?

Two groups had allowed some of the older teams hang on for a few years longer.....

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course, it is not surprise that people resort to this type of replies. Pointing out to the fact that we are ranked 120th in the World and that many things need to be changed is not popular. Oh yes, we were quite happy on that day after taking the cup from our friends from Rinos.

I guess it's beyond you to realize that VMSL has nothing to do with Canada's international men's world ranking.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess it's beyond you to realize that VMSL has nothing to do with Canada's international men's world ranking.
I understand that most people are not aware of the organic connections. People's behaviour, thoughts, habits, and perceptions are highly conditioned by the formal and informal institutions that mould, produce and reproduce them.

I do not have time to get into details. I just will give you a couple of examples.
First, check the second goal of Mexico and Canada. This goal is not a random error. It is the result of lifetime of physical and mental conditioning that prevents the player from recognizing the situation. Here in the VMSL most referees and players do not recognize many fouls. I was recently talking to player who played in Italy and other European countries; and he commented how people see as normal many plays that would be granting yellow and red cards in other countries.

Second, these days rarely Canadians learn to play on their own. Most players learn to play in a completely controlled and supervised setting. Most players in Concacaf learn to play on their own on the streets or the school or park grounds. You can easily see how Canadian players tend to be very predictable, and show little creativity on the field with respect to other players in Concacaf and Commebol. This goes back to the younger formative years.
At the national level, the video below puts in evidence. At the amateur, VMSL level you can see it. As mentioned, I went to watch Coquitlam Metro Ford and I saw exactly this limitation. Yes, those guys have some technique and speed, but it was so predictable to see them play. Very boring and un exciting.

I could give more details, but I just provide this to make consider the connections. I am sure that you can discover many on your own.

In general, Canadian soccer players (amateur) are usually not aware how behind they are with respect to their counterparts (amateur players in other parts of the world) and how limited is their view of the game. The professionals can see it when they get trashed or dominated in the international level.

Nothing really bad with this. It is the way supposed to be. Rarely when we are in a social and political setting we are aware of our limitations or the reality because there are mechanisms put in place to blind us from seeing the reality. For example, when I talk to most Canadians they rarely see the racism and exclusion of First Nation in Canada, but they are quickly to identify and see the racism and exclusion toward Africans in the USA or South Africa. If you doubt it, you can check all the social indicators for Aboriginals in Canada or African Americans in the USA. They do not even come close. You have a better life as an African American in the USA than as an Aboriginal in Canada.

Essentially, soccer players in Canada have been carefully indoctrinated not see and be aware of how behind they are with respect to the rest in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0