Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1 ] Results and Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all fairness, there are a few teams with mouthy sidelines in this league. I'm surprised more refs don't stand up for themselves and restore their self respect by calling games more often. It will make sidelines think twice before going off on them.

If a player plays someone onside for a goal, or gives away a penalty, scores an OG, misses a good opportunity.. basically makes a big mistake, he isn't subject to the same abuse a ref gets when he makes an equally game changing error (if indeed he did in this instance). If the player was he'd walk, that's all the ref did in this case.

People make mistakes, let's just relax and appreciate that the ref has a hard enough job without people venting their frustration at him. Without refs we have no league, and as much as people deride the standard of officiating at this level, roaring expletives and threats at them is not going to attract any new refs to the league.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilean Miners 2 Richmond FC 1

Well all in all a great game to watch and a hell of a game to have played in for the lads that took part in it today as both teams battled and some goalies made some great saves as this was a great performance I thought from both teams. Refereeing was as good as we will see all year I thought (chile prob have a different point of view) as the spot shot that was awarded was deserved as were both cards. The unfortunate thing in todays' match is although chile definitely had more of the ball posession and chances it was a hard way to lose with 2-3 minutes left in the game. Although I don't feel quite like dennis green I thought it was only fitting that we all have a good chuckle as there could be some relevance to todays' loss. IMO a tie was the way the day should have ended but the soccer gods saw it different and the chileans know they were in one today as they celebrated like it. Good game chile short turn around for us and onto next week .

If you insert chilean miners instead of bears in the clip it will all tie in ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well all in all a great game to watch and a hell of a game to have played in for the lads that took part in it today as both teams battled and some goalies made some great saves as this was a great performance I thought from both teams. Refereeing was as good as we will see all year I thought (chile prob have a different point of view) as the spot shot that was awarded was deserved as were both cards. The unfortunate thing in todays' match is although chile definitely had more of the ball posession and chances it was a hard way to lose with 2-3 minutes left in the game. Although I don't feel quite like dennis green I thought it was only fitting that we all have a good chuckle as there could be some relevance to todays' loss. IMO a tie was the way the day should have ended but the soccer gods saw it different and the chileans know they were in one today as they celebrated like it. Good game chile short turn around for us and onto next week .

Not much to add other than it was a hard fought game, but in all honesty, this game should have been 4 or 5 deep for Chile would it not been for the goal post and some absolutely splendid goalkeeping from the fellow between the pipes for Richmond, not to disrespect Richmond, but with the amount of quality chances Chile generated, a tie would have been a win for them and a loss for us. Habil missed two breakaways, Illia with a cracker of a free kick and Souza opting to pass in front instead of shooting on three different occasions really played into the equation. The Richmond goal comes off a miscommunication between Narcisse and Diego and the Richmond forward picked up the gift.

Possession was about 70/30 in this one with Ray potting the winner after a series of passes between himself, Habil, Souza and Carlos, which starts in the Chile right flank and ends up in the back of the net.

I can appreciate good defensive tactics, but Richmond playing with 3 centre backs and 6 defenders tells you where their mindset was in this one, and believe me, it had nothing to do with generating scoring opps. Not an attack on defensive styles, to each his own, just MY preference differs, flame if you will, given our style, this was a good test as Richmond is a big physical team that really pushed our guys to up their game, I thought it was a very good match. pd

Chilean Superstar

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

The score is flattering for Richmond, should have been 5 or 6 to 1 Chilean. On to the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes. I agree with most of the parts of the posts re: RFC vs Chile game. Possession was about 75-25, more chances to Chile too. But, the celebration after the GWG with three minutes left would've been worthy of a GWG in the FIFA World Cup. Not a team who was breathing a massive sigh of relief to get a win. Chile is, in my opinion, the team to beat in Div. 1, period. But, it would be be nicer if a team destined for promotion to Premier stayed off the ground (rolling around, showing the ref supposed scrapes, etc.). Number 5 must have been on the ground well over a dozen times this game and maybe got a whistle twice. Too much FFS. Good luck to PD and company as they should get through the year unscathed. Time for RFC to get a long over due victory this week. Cheers.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes. I agree with most of the parts of the posts re: RFC vs Chile game. Possession was about 75-25, more chances to Chile too. But, the celebration after the GWG with three minutes left would've been worthy of a GWG in the FIFA World Cup. Not a team who was breathing a massive sigh of relief to get a win. Chile is, in my opinion, the team to beat in Div. 1, period. But, it would be be nicer if a team destined for promotion to Premier stayed off the ground (rolling around, showing the ref supposed scrapes, etc.). Number 5 must have been on the ground well over a dozen times this game and maybe got a whistle twice. Too much FFS. Good luck to PD and company as they should get through the year unscathed. Time for RFC to get a long over due victory this week. Cheers.

Well, the referee was on his game in this one, what else can be said other than what you've stated, it was one guy. Our bench reacted that way because perhaps in previous years, we don't pull that game back and have to settle for a tie, I think our boys are starting to really believe in themselves and the fact that our bench was so happy sure tells you about how they feel about our team...I apologize if they offended anyone, it was just a sincere team reaction from a bunch of passionate guys who have been working very hard for the last 4 years, we'll tone it down. pd

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metropolitans 2 - Royals 2
Well, this game was poor on our part. End results felt unjust, but I guess they earned it. Our first goal was a shocker - their player and ours both poked at the ball from ~12 yards out. The ball was volleyed to the keep ~3ft off the ground and the ref called it a pass-back :confused: Anyways, with an indirect free kick from 6 yards out, there was no problem with the finish. Their first goal was lucky as their player went through 2 of our players, was check by two more, bounced off them right when the ball squirted past our keeper and was slotted in. Our second goal was put away when the next was booted a yard off the line when our player and the ball met the post at the same time. I don't feel it made any difference - I believe the ball was going in anways, but Mets felt somehow they had been cheated :rolleyes:. Their second was a great individual effort from the left wing, but even more so poor defending on our part.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 1 - 1 Olympics

Good battle at Memorial today. It seems the city decided to dump a truck load of sand on the pitch which made for tricky conditions with more than a couple of players stumbling with the ball. Fortunately none of those mishaps proved to be decisive, as both goals scored in the match were quality plays. Rino's up 1-nil at half, and Olympics tying the match early in the 2nd. Some good end-to-end action near the end, of which I thought we had the better opportunities, but no one could find the back of the net.

Excellent job from the man in the middle today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza is Kieser still coaching your first team? I did not see him when you guys played NK. I see Watcher has made a coaching change. It is going to be an up hill batle for them to stay in div one. Club made many changes. Looks like all went to play for Croatia SC.
Chiley is fun to watch. Good soccer always seams fun.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army 3 Royal 1. Well officiated. Good game by Army, strong play from TSA Royals goalie to keep them in it.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army 3 Royal 1. Well officiated. Good game by Army, strong play from TSA Royals goalie to keep them in it.

I didn't see our first goal - heard it was the result of a header off a good cross. Their first goal came from a lucky break when their player attempted a poor volley from outside the 18 that turned into a great cross and then some good finish. Their second goal was good finish - poor marking on our part as we left their winger wide open of a free kick and the ball came outside the 18 to him, he stepped inside and finished near side. Their third goal was off a corner, deflected home from just inside the 6.

"Well officiated?" Perhaps you were watching another game. I don't feel the officiating influenced the result in any way, but either standards in reffing are reaching new lows, or you haven't watched much professional soccer (and no, I'm not holding him to the standards of a professional ref). The red card was deserved. After being taken out buy one of their players, when that player got the ball right back, our player retaliated with a solid bodycheck into their players midsection/chest. Our player dealt with it very well, jogging away even when their entire team came swarming towards him. Very cool head, there, and it definitely helped deflate things. The aftermath probably deserved a red on the part of Binger's #19 - he got his hands in our players face (not sure what he was trying to do, maybe some kind of b*tch punch?:confused:) but somehow only got a yellow (no clue what the ref will write that down as - unsporting behavior? This should actually be classified as violent conduct). While I realize emotions were running high, if our player had retaliated, a fight between the two, at the very least, would have broken out - this was another display of poor officiating as the ref didn't have the guts to send their player off. I'm looking at this objectively - the game was over at this point and I'm leaving for the rest of the season - I just wish the level of officiating was both better and held to a higher standard.

Overall, we played very poorly - don't know whether it was the long lay-off between games or just a bad day; either way, it was a poor showing by us. Onto Sunday.

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't see our first goal. Their first goal came from a great cross and then some good finish. Their second goal was good finish. Their third goal was off a corner.

The red card was deserved. I'm leaving for the rest of the season.

Onto Sunday.

That reads better - just edited out the bullshit

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't see our first goal - heard it was the result of a header off a good cross. Their first goal came from a lucky break when their player attempted a poor volley from outside the 18 that turned into a great cross and then some good finish. Their second goal was good finish - poor marking on our part as we left their winger wide open of a free kick and the ball came outside the 18 to him, he stepped inside and finished near side. Their third goal was off a corner, deflected home from just inside the 6.

"Well officiated?" Perhaps you were watching another game. I don't feel the officiating influenced the result in any way, but either standards in reffing are reaching new lows, or you haven't watched much professional soccer (and no, I'm not holding him to the standards of a professional ref). The red card was deserved. After being taken out buy one of their players, when that player got the ball right back, our player retaliated with a solid bodycheck into their players midsection/chest. Our player dealt with it very well, jogging away even when their entire team came swarming towards him. Very cool head, there, and it definitely helped deflate things. The aftermath probably deserved a red on the part of Binger's #19 - he got his hands in our players face (not sure what he was trying to do, maybe some kind of b*tch punch?:confused:) but somehow only got a yellow (no clue what the ref will write that down as - unsporting behavior? This should actually be classified as violent conduct). While I realize emotions were running high, if our player had retaliated, a fight between the two, at the very least, would have broken out - this was another display of poor officiating as the ref didn't have the guts to send their player off. I'm looking at this objectively - the game was over at this point and I'm leaving for the rest of the season - I just wish the level of officiating was both better and held to a higher standard.

Overall, we played very poorly - don't know whether it was the long lay-off between games or just a bad day; either way, it was a poor showing by us. Onto Sunday.

I was hoping parts of this were a piss-take.Clearly not though. Just alot of bitch*ng and moaning...

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The red card was deserved. After being taken out buy one of their players, when that player got the ball right back, our player retaliated with a solid bodycheck into their players midsection/chest. Our player dealt with it very well, jogging away even when their entire team came swarming towards him. Very cool head, there, and it definitely helped deflate things. The aftermath probably deserved a red on the part of Binger's #19 - he got his hands in our players face (not sure what he was trying to do, maybe some kind of b*tch punch?:confused:) but somehow only got a yellow (no clue what the ref will write that down as - unsporting behavior? This should actually be classified as violent conduct). While I realize emotions were running high, if our player had retaliated, a fight between the two, at the very least, would have broken out - this was another display of poor officiating as the ref didn't have the guts to send their player off. I'm looking at this objectively - the game was over at this point and I'm leaving for the rest of the season - I just wish the level of officiating was both better and held to a higher standard."

Well, I have read some ridiculous posts on this site but this is right up there. I think we would have been fine to avoid any further embarrassment to your player and your team by leaving the red card incident off TTP and letting the ref and the league deal with it. However, since you raised it, I was about ten feet away and I have to say, it was one of the dirtiest things I have seen in 25 years of competitive soccer. I honestly can’t remember if your #14 (could it be you, Royal14?) was “fouled” in the build up, and quite frankly, it doesn’t matter. He looked for the nearest player, sprinted about 10 yards and leapt with his shoulder/elbow into the head of our striker, Matt Cooke style. Oh, and the ball had been gone for about 5 seconds. Interesting that you made went out of your way to describe it as a solid bodycheck into...the midsection/chest.” Some might assume you couldn’t see the incident clearly from 50 yards across the pitch and are just mis-informed. Others might wonder if you saw exactly what happened (including our player clutching the new shiner and lump on his head) and are downplaying it in advance of the disciplinary hearing. If it’s the latter, then I am literally embarrassed for you. Luckily the ref saw it as clearly as we did and I’m sure the league will deal with it accordingly.

As for the aftermath, I assume that any team worth a toss, including yours, would have been in the face of a player who just drove his elbow into the head of one of their teammates. For you to suggest that somehow the “cool” response of the player who had just tried to decapitate someone but running away from a mob was a classy move is laughable. The fact that half of your players were openly apologizing afterwards should give you a hint as to the relative severity of the two incidents. Credit to both squads for ensuring nothing further happened.

I get the impression debating you might be a pointless exercise so consider this another objective account.

Cheers,
GB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GB, Royal 14 wasn't playing in the game. It was a deserved red card as mentioned and it is good that there was nothing worse in the game. Binger's deserved to win the game comfortably as Val made some great saves to keep the score 3 - 1.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any updates from the out of town scorboard tonight? website has no updates.

Bingers Army beat a short sided Punjabs easily today any other scores?

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 UBC 0
The Train was back to its stingy ways Sat night at T-Bird Stadium. After surrendering 3 in their first 3 games, the Locomotive was deemed to have lost 3-0 to Van O's in the abd "lesbian reffing debaucle" and surrendered 3 to the Lobbans before roaring back late in the match. (They scored twice late, rang one square off the post and narrowly missed two more crackers that had the public jumping with excitement as the harrowing comeback was almost completed.) This seemed to be a turning point for the youth laden Iron Lung as they have played lights out to a man ever since. UBC played some nice soccer but couldn't break the NK backline. DeLuca opened the scoring late in the first half and future star Anthony I. added a carbon copy poke across the line to double the lead shortly there after. Thomas should have made it three buzz in the second half but missed the yawning cage.:football: Special mention to Jordy playing 90 min at right back who was robbed by the UBC keeper on a skying header and Paulo NK's sweeper for his bone crunching tackles.:wa::wa::wa: Someone said I never post after losses and if true it appears I have company. I notice Painful Deceit is awfully silent. Did he commit suicide or is he out collecting refunds from his stars.;););)

In the top half of the bracket:D
With the preseason we have had:confused:
Carrying so much youth:p
Losing players. Oh so sad:(

Really have to say:bronco:
Ive never been so proud:eek:
Pounding pivels in T-Bird stadium:wa:
With the Hrvati all around:football:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.