Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1 ] Results and Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll start it off. Thank you to the VMSL for somehow scheduling almost exactly against our field availability. Of our 8 homes games scheduled prior to the Christmas break, 6 of them are on dates we do not have the field :confused: Apparently when you submit your field availability to them they choose to ignore it. The time of 8pm Sunday is being considered - it works well because that way we can all miss Sunday night football and you'll get back to Vancouver around 11pm to start your Monday on an even better foot :rolleyes:. The other option is apparently a field in another town - that way we can play 12 of our first 14 games away. It seems like a fair and decent way to maintain equality between the teams :mad:

Other than that, I got nothin' - don't know any of the teams so no predictions from me except that we won't go down.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
R14...

who exactly is/are "we" and "us" and "our's" - a bit of a TTP PP of mine. But, how exactly are we supposed to know?

Best of luck with field scheduling - I'd hate to miss Sunday Night Football as well.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other than that, I got nothin' - don't know any of the teams so no predictions from me except that we won't go down.

In your case , Hopefully my predictions are off. This is the Strongest Div 1 has looked in years..

Here is some motivation 4 your squad

1-UBC Metropolitan "A"
2-Rino Vancouver SC
3-Estrella de Chile
4-Serbian White Eagles
5-Punjab (DU) Hurricanes
6-Vancouver Olympics
7-Binger's Army
8-Rich. FC Olympics "A"
9-Lobbans FC "A"
10-Akal FC
11-NK Hrvat "A"
12-TSA Royals "A"

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In your case , Hopefully my predictions are off. This is the Strongest Div 1 has looked in years..

1-UBC Metropolitan "A"
2-Rino Vancouver SC
3-Estrella de Chile
4-Serbian White Eagles
5-Punjab (DU) Hurricanes
6-Vancouver Olympics
7-Binger's Army
8-Rich. FC Olympics "A"
9-Lobbans FC "A"
10-Akal FC
11-NK Hrvat "A"
12-TSA Royals "A"

UBC Metro in first? What do you know about them that we don't know? They just got promoted like TSA....

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Metro Soccer League

As you can see that is a provisional schedule so you will be able to reschedule.

I know we can reschedule, and the league is trying to do so. My complaint is more towards the fact that this is required to start with. Our other "options" are Saturday night, which the league would like to avoid, Sunday night, which will suck, or an away field, which will suck :mad:. We submitted our availability to the league well prior to the schedule being created - unfortunately we have to split with FVSL - and we are being told that the VMSL does not run on an "every other week" basis. Not all teams are fortunate enough to have unlimited field availability, and apparently a couple other teams are in the same boat, so if a few teams can only play at certain times why not accommodate their field availability? The FVSL has been very accommodating - last season, when a similar situation occurred, the FVSL had not yet released their schedule and so worked around when we required the field based on the VMSL schedule. Unfortunately, this year the FVSL schedule was released prior to the VMSL schedule so we are SOL. I feel we won't go down this season, despite akslop's prediction :angry-left:, but the cause of a newly promoted team will not be helped by playing at an away field.

Well, that's quite the novel. Let's play some footy (barring a miracle it won't be this Friday at Winskill as we don't have the field - just an FYI for Serbia).

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
R14...

who exactly is/are "we" and "us" and "our's" - a bit of a TTP PP of mine. But, how exactly are we supposed to know?

Best of luck with field scheduling - I'd hate to miss Sunday Night Football as well.

While I agree the proverbial "we" posts are irritating when there's no indication who the person represents, in this case all you have to do is click Royal14 -> View Profile and voila:

Basic Information
About Royal14
Team:TSA Royals FC
Sport: Soccer

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal14, I found the perfect home pitch for you -- Beach Grove :D
My ankles hate you.

Captain, the game has been moved to Holly (according to the website). A season spent on away pitches should be fun - the perfect way to kill the momentum we've built up in the community regarding the club.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like a couple of UBC Metro players have jumped to ACBC Prem in the Valley. I guess they read the writeup that Polska linked to...

In response, the team has tried to avoid the negative publicity by dropping the UBC from their name and they will now be known as Metropolitan FC. However, I'm sure Polska can still back-link the page to them so the info isn't lost.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 1 Predictions anyone?

Here are mine...

Metropolitan FC "A" vs Estrella de Chile
Binger's Army vs Lobbans FC "A"
Akal FC vs Vancouver Olympics
TSA Royals "A" vs Serbian White Eagles
Punjab DU Hurricanes vs Rich. FC Olympics (draw)
NK Hrvat "A" vs Rino's Vanc. SC "A" (no prediction)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab DU Hurricanes? What kind of team they are going to have in Division 1 after that merger with Delta United!? One team plays in Premier (Delta Utd. Hurricanes) and the other one in Division 1 (Punjab DU Hurricanes). They should not be able to move players from one team to another on a weekly basis. Am I correct?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab DU Hurricanes? What kind of team they are going to have in Division 1 after that merger with Delta United!? One team plays in Premier (Delta Utd. Hurricanes) and the other one in Division 1 (Punjab DU Hurricanes). They should not be able to move players from one team to another on a weekly basis. Am I correct?

Correct

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
here are my predictions for week 1...

Metropolitan FC "A" vs Estrella de Chile
Binger's Army vs Lobbans FC "A"
Akal FC vs Vancouver Olympics
TSA Royals "A" vs Serbian White Eagles
Punjab DU Hurricanes vs Rich. FC Olympics
NK Hrvat "A" vs Rino's Vanc. SC "A"

I think this is the toughest Div. 1 in recent years should be a great season goodluck to everybody

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

1-UBC Metropolitan "A"
2-Rino Vancouver SC
3-Estrella de Chile
4-Serbian White Eagles
5-Punjab (DU) Hurricanes
6-Vancouver Olympics
7-Binger's Army
8-Rich. FC Olympics "A"
9-Lobbans FC "A"
10-Akal FC
11-NK Hrvat "A"
12-TSA Royals "A"

Switch NK Hrvat A with Metropolitan A and the rest looks reasonable:D:D:D

The train has a great new coach and a huge youth movement underway with enough veterans to hold the fort this locomotive looks like its steaming towards the upper half of the standings and another solid Imperial Cup showing. The mass exodus of foreign nationals, Croatia defectors and general malcontents will prove to be the best thing to happen to this squad. Now Mr. Pavlovic can put his stamp on the team.:wa:

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Estrella de Chile 2-0 UBC Metropolitan

Chile dominates this match from start to finish generating a ridiculous amount of scoring opps and finally putting a lucky one (half cross half shot which slips through the hands)by the unfortunate Metro's keeper who had himself an inspired game stopping chance after chance generated by the Chile offence. Chile makes this game a lot harder on themselves by hitting the crossbar on a penal awarded in the first half and giving life to a very enthusiastic Metropolitans side, who works estremely hard and will win some games on this merit alone.

The first half sees the Metros come out very hard making it very difficult for Chile to generate too much in the midfield as the teams felt themselves out for the first 15 mins or so, slowly and albeit imprecise at times, Chile begins to gain more and more posession and begin to generate some chances although more forced than clear and are finally rewarded with a penal on a sloppy tackle by a Metro`s defender who trips up Ray in the box, unfortunately Habil hits the crossbar on a hard strike that had the goalie moving the wrong way, a very compact Metros defense does not let Chile penetrate their final line which frustrates the entire Chile team.

Chile comes out and takes it to Metros from the 1st minute of the second half which sees the Metros reach the Chile goal on 3 ocassions including a potential breakaway that was nullified by offside. Chile breaks the game open with about 20 minutes left on a half cross half shot by Carlos Perdomo and you could see the Metro`s collective hearts break, 6 minutes later Habil Otieno pounds on a ball fed to the right side and takes it into the box for a low short side strike the keeper had no chance on.

Overall a decent match with some good pace dominated by Chile`s possession and passing game. PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0