Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
too young

Did'nt Beardsley see you do the move in a halftime game at old Empire when you were 10?

No.

I was 12 when Beardsley first came to town... and we played before the game, not at halftime.

Best 'Cap ever? In terms of consistency when he played here, I'd have to say John Craven... didn't he pass away a little while ago?

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about Willy?

Willy would fall of his Pub seat if he knew that I didn't include him with the all time greats.

First player to be sent home from the World Cup.

But for what?

HOS~:confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tino who?

Is'nt Tino on tour with Cocco B Ware and their Birds, Wrestling in the NWWA.

I think they are Tag Team Champs.

How about Randy Keen.
He played for the Caps and was never scored on.
How many minutes did he play?

HOS~ doing the Cocco dance:p !

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some punk 19-year old striker from San Jose turned the night from the Peter Beardsley testamonial to the Landon Donovan testamonial. What an ass-kicking that was. Other than JJ and Beardsley, the 'Caps were shite. 3-1 was a flattering scoreline. Donovan should have had three of his own, but settled for 2 goals and an assist.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cocco B Ware ha ha (do the bird)

The Earthquakes (speaking of wrestlers) put on a possession clinic in the second half, where the Caps chose to fcuk with the ball in the centre of defence and make mistake after mistake (see Rick Titus, Chris Franks, Charles Gbeke) or just thump the ball up the field. Painful to watch.

On the other hand, Landon Donovan, among other San Josers, played some nice footie. Way more finesse than the halftime dancers, not to mention the home squad.

Only the presence of Peetah Beardsley and JJ skinning pony-tailed Jeff Agoos in the first half made the Caps effort somewhat palatable (like wieners from Saskatchewan).

max
dothebird

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Air Brush

TB maybe we could air brush that picture up a bit, and then enter me in the chick tourny.
Or send it to see what DQ thinks, mabey she would send some more back our way.

On the Caps, I knew they would get out classed by San Jose, the gap between the two leagues is a lot bigger than we think.

Cheers to Peter for putting on a show for the fans last night.

I wonder what I have in my photo album TB:)

HOS~

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ's DNA

Regs,

The picture of CJ doing the CoCo Dance after a shower brings back some painful memories of my soapdish being contaminated by his DNA. Please don't bring back such painful memories. Ugh!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Balls

I'll try and not do that again, well not in this thread anyways...

'Caps won again last nite 3-2. I heard JJ got a red card but haven't read the paper yet to see what it was for.

Anyone know 'cause I don't think I'll be able to focus on my match today unless I find out.

Cheers,

~TB.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Dave Morris got one as well..........I don't think there is anything in the daily rag today, maybe in the provonce on Sunday???

John

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were both for violent conduct...probably something like that poor Middlesborough (sp?) sap--not Fasty although the description fits--who started the deluge in the game today.

I only posted to get your mind on our game today Regs, is that good enough? I've got more info FYEO if you need it...

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps are on fire

Does anyone know who scored for them?

Two men down and still came out with a win on the road,El Paso would probably have a tough go in our illustrious Premier league!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read that Kindall got 2 and set up another..........that's it though! But it sounds like someone knows more;) but only will share with TB! Crap really but it figures coming from a Westside guy..........

John

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hajduk

Johnny Sulentic has not been playing at all,he got the short end of the stick when he fell for an injury,the boys that they threw in to replace have played well and its hard to justify him getting back in.You know the old saying,if it aint broke then don't fix it.although i believe he should be playing.Loads of talent!

How about Craveiro and Alfredo,Craveiro comes out on fire gets hurt and now can't get a minute,where as Alfredo really has never gotten a fair shake out there also.

Tilley has to start scoring again,was last year a fluke or is he a flake?

Hopefully the boys haven't peaked too early!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who scored?

I read that the caps won last nite 3-0. I haven't bought today's paper yet so does anyone know who scored?

1 game out of first-place overall with a game in hand is, admittedly, impressive. They only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot now as well.

Over 6,000 in attendence apparently for the 3rd straight game. Were any of them TTPers?

~TB.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

You probably already know because you are watching Soccer Saturday but Sulentic scored twice and Valente once.

It looked like a great atmosphere.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shhh......I went.

Sulentic scored two goals, with the second coming on a brilliant finish. He should be pushing for some more PT after last night's performance. Did you know they stop selling beer after something like 10 minutes into the second half? Gomesy and I were not impressed. Not impressed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0