Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might as well start this thread now with the recent news that Peter Beardsley is coming to town to play in the inaugural Vancouver Cup (that sounds oddly familar to TTP's Vancouver Soccer Cups :)).

How many people do you think they'll pull in for this one?

~TB.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd pay money to see this mug,...

Here comes Peetah!

Runs like a Cheetah!

Petah Beardleeeee!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
How much money do you think the Caps are shelling out for this appearance?

Do people not think that perhaps it's possible it's in the same ballpark as what the insurance for Dom was to cost (10K)?

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Ammo

It's always nice for a VMSL defender to have some trash-talking ammo when the winter season starts...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
BTW

That's JJ and Ollie for those who like to know these types of things. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

~TB.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's actually an innocent explanation to the picture: a deranged Richmond (VA) player had Crazy Glue concealed in his shorts and during a particularly nasty collision, managed to just avoid being sandwiched yet still was able to squirt the entire tube all over his attackers. The photo was merely Ollie and JJ attempting to seperate themselves.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mind you, you can't be too harsh on them, as it is a very awkward looking kiss. Kind of like one of those kisses you give your wife before going out somewhere you shouldn't, like Kamloops.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They'll never live it down

Although their is no excuse for that kind of behaviour on a soccer field...I think we could give Ollie the benefit of doubt.

It looks like JJ was trying to do something he shouldn't be doing and it's plain to see that Ollie is very uncomfortable with it.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say sub 'em both off, let them get on with it in the changing room for 10 mins. then sub 'em both back on for the 2nd half. They'll play much better after they've had a good shag. Now I hear what you're getting at Captain. You were right all along. :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Gaffa

Gaffa,

Thanks. I forgot about that aspect of the game. That could be great for team unity.

Yours in subbing,

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
another win

Well love 'em or hate 'em, they certainly seem to be doing well as of late. 3-1 tonite over Portland. Over 6,000 fans apparently. I think it'll be really interesting to hear what the figures are for when Beardsley and the MLS lace 'em up.

On another note, why is the radio show segment after a 'Caps game called "The Third Half"? It just sounds so... gay.

Actually what I just wrote sounds gay as well. Go figure.

~TB.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
he's ugly, but what a player (perhaps my favourite all-time Cap, along with Lorimer)

TB:

"when Beardsley and the MLS lace 'em up"

that doesn't sound gay, just kinky.

anyone planning on going to this? sounds like a good "TTP event" (the kiss of death)

TB, Kurgan, anyone else?

max

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rudi Krol

Rudi Krol was the best player to wear a Whitecaps uniform, behind Bobby Lenarduzzi and Buzz "White Shoes" Parsnips.

Beardsley was fun to watch but not enough at 40, to draw Captain Shamrock to Swangard.....

Fcuking Benfica.

Yours in Whitecaps Nostalgia,

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't go Max

I have a, erm, ummm, meeting to attend.

Seriously.

Thanks none the same though.

~TB.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beardsley and Bob Lenarduzzi are on CKNW.

I'm not interested in the game at all. I use to love watching him in the good old days of the NASL.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sports Page

They should have just stuck with what Rick Titus had to say. A genuine praise worthy comment from a player who recognised a true pro...but no the lads at 'The Page' did some great work digging up what Beardo was truly famous for...his track back slide tackle...Fcuks sakes. Poor old bugger's gonna have to knee cap himself tomorrow night. Of all the bloody things they had to come up with...goals galore, but no...can we have a slide tackle please. See ya there.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps general manager Bobby Lenarduzzi, a teammate of Beardsley's when he was here 20 years ago as a 20-year-old, recalled a move he had never seen before.

"He sort of lifted his back leg which froze the defender and then he'd be off," said Lendarduzzi. "He did it in the first game I remember him playing up in Edmonton. I'd never seen it before. But he showed us a lot of things we'd never seen. He had such flair.

That's the worst explanation of "the move" I've ever heard... for those that have had the unpleasant experience of seeing me play, you know there's more to it than that :D

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best Whitecap of All-Time

Would have to be one of the two keepers that played for Vancouver.

Groebelaar or Parks.

TB, I am sure your move has beat more people than Beardsley's ever did.

Did'nt Beardsley see you do the move in a halftime game at old Empire when you were 10?;)

I think they will sell out tonight, only hope they leave Peter on for full 90, even though they will get slaughtered by San Jose.
There will be an Earthquacke in Vancouver tonight.

HOS~:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts