Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Vancouver Metro League Div. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone???

anyone seen our game ball? it's round and shiney and new and beautiful. i just hope the sihks take good care of it.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No shows con't

Cowboy,

I have to agree with you, yet I don't believe teams would pay.

One summer league I played in use this system:

If a team was a no show (no calls to anyone), then they lost by the highest score of that week plus one.

Therefore if a team in the same group lost 5-0 then the no show team lost 6-0.

This may not incentive for some teams, but teams in contention might make an effort to call someone.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No shows

Belfast Cowboy,

Absolutely spot on my friend!

Anyone who cannot field a team for the first game, or any game, should forfeit the points, especially if they have a CAT team.

Ole was trying weeks ago to get us to change our game from Sunday to Saturday so that City could play RUFC on the Sunday.

As I said earlier - complete cack. And dodgy too! Very dodgy!

Daz:D

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loma-PG

Kurgan, looking forward to a good Loma-PG :mad: rilvary this season.

Top corner, eh! Must have been quite the shot.

PS. Good luck on getting that game ball back!:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice one...

Thanks for that bit of info, Regs. It didn't sound as if Pasqua had been there on Saturday, he'd have beaten the 'Lomas on his own had he been. If he has gone to the Surrey Rangers they're going to have a cracking side this year and surely not a side to ever contemplate getting into a drinking compo with. My head hurts just thinking about their world class alcoholic line-up.

Luch, you want to do something about that coach of yours, he's almost as bad as that old fcukwit the 'lomas keep hanging about. At least Rude will have a nice easy game back to get his season underway. By the way, I sent an e-mail to you which bounced back to me. That hurts, Luch. You've changed.

Gaffa, I watched your old mob play Leicester last night and they were unlucky not to do better and, for the first time ever, I can say that Ian Walker actually made some top class saves. Good luck with the Div.1 comeback. Good luck to you in your Div.1 'Lomas comeback too.
:)

C

cheesey

#1 - Sikh's did not steal the game ball! And we resent the insinuation! If PG can't hold on to its own balls, its not our fault.

#2 - As far as the game is concerned, PG was lucky to get the three points! We didn't have a keeper for this game and it showed. A goal from 40 - 45 yards out is not a regular occurance. The Sikhs had all the play but could not finish. Kudos to PG for the win, but even they know they were lucky.

Firemen next week for Temple. A better performance will be needed.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks for the denial

cheesey:

nice of you to deny the game ball incident. as far as the game itself is concerned, you are right, your team was younger, fitter, and had most of the possession, especially in the first half. However, your defensive lapses (and ours for that matter) turned into goals.

We were lucky to come away with three points, but we scored three goals, not just one 40-yarder, which incidentally was perfectly placed, eh Kurganistan? Your lot scored twice. I have no desire to bring up reasons why you shouldn't have scored the two, only that you were unlucky in two goal-mouth scrambles to follow later in the game.

You guys do need to work on your finishing, but also your play in the offensive 1/3 of the pitch. I'm glad that we got the chance to BEAT YOU before you figure that stuff out. But I think you have a very good team indeed.

give us our ball back though,

max

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mr. denial

cheesey:

agree with max's assessment. you are a quick, fit team but 11 little, quick guys often don't win games. they do however excell at ball theft. you can return it any time please.

as max mentioned, kurgan's long shot should never go in but it was a great, hard tackle in the middle of the park (by max no less) that enabled our 40 pounds overweight star to make your keeper look silly. pretty sure you can't complain about the other 2 we scored as they were both deserved.

suck it up, take the piss and return our ball. it's round, shiny and has only been used in one, sweet victory.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game ball

I think it's time to put the game ball bit to rest. It's one thing to take the piss and another to accuse someone of stealing. Lay off. The fact is we do not know where the ball is. That is all.

If anyone, playing, watching reffing or biking by Trimble Park enjoying the beautiful view on a sunny Vancouver Sunday afternoon, picked up a shiny new soccer ball, please return it.

The Temple team was a good, very clean team that worked hard and played well. But, we'll beat them next time as well:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
by all means

I think it's time to put the game ball bit to rest. It's one thing to take the piss and another to accuse someone of stealing. Lay off. The fact is we do not know where the ball is. That is all.

But by all means, keep up the 40 pounds overweight star bit as I don't think it's outlived it's comedic overtures quite yet :D

~TBwhowillbestartingacontestsoonwiththewinnerreceivinganiceshinynewgameball.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes

Fasty,

Our coach is a prick. The situation needs to be sorted out. I hope he doesn't read this site but something must be said. He really hasn't a clue. Anyone have Higgsy's number?

As far a bounced e-mails go, you really must update your addy booklet.

~Luchhopingourcoachdoesntreadttp

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
svelt

......our 40 pounds overweight star.........

Congratulations on losing weight, Kurgan. What's your secret?

Luch, the calls are getting more vociferous for JR to go over-30's. There's even a new thread devoted to the cause. Maybe he should replace the dronger who coaches you now? I'm here to help and offer helpful suggestions. In terms of my 'internet booklet', I'm really quite taken by your odd choice of words. 'Internet booklet' has an endearing, inocent, almost child-like quality to it. Getting past that, however, I still haven't got your proper fcuking e-mail address, in my booklet or anywhere else. Please send it on immediately. Nice.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
me@ttp

Fasty,

Maybe you're on to something. You've got me thinking of a possible coup. I'll have a quiet word with JR and the lovely red-headed one post training. Our bastad field manager rarely sticks around for a Mike's Hard, I believe he goes home to his imports. Pompous ass.

JRasnewheadmanatpegolysilikethat

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
poor decision

Luch,

Involving the red-headed one is a decision so poor it's worthy of one of the clangers your manager usually drops. That little swine is bad news, always has been, surely his minging ginger pant beard should be some indication of the level of depravity the little oik is capable of. Stop the rot before it stops you, Fasty.

BTW, what the fcuk does !@ttp mean when it's at home? Sending me a smoke signal might be easier.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tragic for ACM

It was unfortunate for them, but ACM's keeper made an unstandably poor choice on a through ball in the last 10 minutes against Vancouver Olympics. Instead of staying where he was, he tried to beat the VO striker and lost, which resulted in the Olympics' go ahead goal. Tough luck for them, but great for the Greeks and even more so for Bimini's.

A good start to the year.

city

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR on fire!!

DCR is the only team in the league that blends physical play and finesse on the pitch! the rest of the teams in the league are to soft to make the jump to premier...infact maybe some are to soft to play men's (RUFC & PEG)...Enjoy your last time playing DCR next year back in premier!!

Wallace

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats Right City

I could not agree more City. RUFC, Clan & RUFC a village has lost a some of its idiots. You are the ashtray on a motorcycle. Your are the weakest links, DCR will win this division, good-bye.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Thats Right City

"the rest of the teams in the league are to soft to make the jump to premier"

It's "TOO" city. A simple glamical concept you obviously missed while you were likely out meshing that finess and physical play that seems so plentiful in your squad.

"a village has lost a some of its idiots"

Lost a some? On the contrary Wallace, I'd say the village has found itself two new ones. ;)

I don't doubt that your team is both physical and skilled. But for fcuk sake lads, we're only one week into the schedule. Might be a bit early for insults.

Willy

PS - with your combined total of 4 TTP posts between you, I think your piss taking could use some refinement ;)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City & Wallace,

Congrats on ..................FCUK ALL!!!!! Never has a team been declared champions in September and somehow I doubt you lot will be come April!:D

Your confidence is impressive and your result last weekend has been noted but after that what have you accomplished?????? You finished what........5th last year in probably a weaker division and have added what............NOTHING from what I can gather!

As for you City...........thanks for the tempting e-mail but if you wanta chat and threaten someone why not do it right here? I am pretty well know here and most guys, (even some on your own team) know exactly who I am! So ask around and I am sure you can figure out real fast who I am...............but in case your too ignorant to sus it out, I will be the guy ramming my right boot through someones knee cap and asking if I got 'city' this time and I probably won't stop till you and your ego are carted off the park:)

Cheers, and good luck this weekend,

John:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0