Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Vancouver Metro League Div. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's results

Nickel,

I don't know if that's a surprize. If you look at Sikh's results from last year, they were shocking, so unless they've gotten a whole lot better, then I'm not surprized.

Good for Point Grey though.

Daz

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas Div 2 CAT result

Nickel,

Did you stay to the end of the Lomas CAT game? If so, how did it finish?

Daz

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR v. Peg/Oly

cside17 is correct on his assessment of the DCR v. Peg/Oly match. DCR looked good with a lot of speed. Chasing guys like Rosie, Danny C., Moier, Roddy and Skippy gets a little boring after a while. DCR had the luxury of 12 guys. We only had 11. That one sub made all the difference... at least a four goal difference. Peg was missing the likes of Ginger (suspension), Rudy (suspension & injury) and Jimmie E. (injury). I believe we held our own in the first half and were unlucky to give up a goal in the 44th minute to go into the half 1-0 down. Our lack of subs and some bad marking early in the 2nd half resulted in a few early goals for DCR. Down 3-0, we had no option but to push up to try and get on the board. It cost us a few more against, but the result was not in dispute. We should be in better shape next week with injuries healing and suspensions served.
JR

p.s. - cside17 should go to Jenny Craig

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 1 CAT

Metro-Ford B 1
Croatia B 1

The sun was shining, the beer was cold, the football shocking and the result fair.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
???????????

JR, Is Ginge's suspension a carry over from last season? What about Rude's? Shouldn't all suspensions be 'expunged' at the end of each season? They fcuking well should, I reckon. With Gino and Marco shoving off to the glory of Peg 'A', who partners Luch up front to compliment his lightning pace? You should have a go up there, no one would catch you two rabbits.

Dazza, congratulations on a great first point in the dizzy heights of Div.1, that must be, and should be, a very satisfying debut. I can only imagine the Gaffa was in goal and that the doyen of footballing incompetence has been replaced as manager. Well done. Was Pasqua playing for the Firefighters? I asked this a few months back but, as usual, no one paid the blindest bit of attention to me.

The game of the upcoming week has to be the thugs of Richmond Utd. taking on Peg/Olys. With Ginge and Rude back, a healthy Jim E. and JR and Conway up front providing an aerial threat to compliment Luch's mobility and sheer pace, this could be a classic.

Maybe Luch will send me my hat soon, Fastshow.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas v Fireman

Fasty,

Thanks. Gaffa wasn't in goal, but was at the game and will be commencing training this Wednesday. To be honest, Firemen didn't really threaten our goal and the defence was superb at keeping them mostly outside our box.

Pasqua? Don't know, don't care? Don't even know who the fcuk he is! All I know is that I was told that it was pretty much their whole squad from last year in Premier. Still, it doesn't matter what level you play Firemen at, they love their hockey body checks. Our new right back got totally levelled after beating a couple of players, by a full-on check that Scott Stevens would have been proud of. Not a word from the ref, and the lad thinks his ribs are either cracked or broken.

And Mehmet, on his Lomas debut, went to hospital in the first half for 8 stitches to his head. He was getting really stuck in. Unlucky Mehmet.

Daz

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone else have this problem...

part of beating sikh temple means that you will have your game ball promptly stolen.

a strange but effective ritual.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs or anyone else from Peg have any idea why Peg's Div 1 CAT Team were a complete no-show for their season opener against RUFC Saturday?

Though I agree that City FC asking to postpone their first match of the season is a bit dodgy, its certainly strides better that an absolute no-show. A complete waste of a day for the RUFC lads who dressed and warmed up, only to be forced at 2:15 to remove their kit and polish off the cooler in the glorious sunshine. Okay so it wasnt a COMPLETE waste of a day but ....

Anyway, anyone know what happened to Peg B?

Willy

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
is that the Akal team?

Fasty,

I think Pasqua is playing for the Surrey Rangers over in the FVSL... maybe Ballbaby could confirm that.

Willy,

No idea really why they wouldn't show although I have heard some rumblings that the club isn't very happy with this team for some reason or another... perhaps that had something to do with it.

~TB.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 3 Sikh Temple 2

Nickel,

I don't think our win is quite as shocking as your getting a point off anyone, even an understrength Firemen team. As for Sikh Temple, they were a young skilled fit team that thouroughly outplayed Point Grey in the first half. We were luck to come away 1-1. We changed formation in the 2nd and settled down a bit after I hit the top corner from 40 yards out to make it 2-1.

I watched the 96er/Clan game on Saturday and I think the Sikh team will do well. They are young though and will need to learn to finish a little better. They were a very clean team though and it was a decent game to play in.

Even John the ref did a decent job.

Now if we can get our game ball back, bandcamp will be much happier

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgen,

How about a report on the Clan vs 96'ers game? I heard that Clan are short of players but promise to get some better numbers as the year progress.............and what premier players did both teams have?

John

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well well...that was Mehmet eh?! Hows the ear big fella? Hope my patch up job got you to hospital in one piece. Still can't work out how it got split that badly.

...not a game for the purists thats for sure, but the Lomas will take the point. The game looked like a hard one but not a dirty one by any means. Firemen had the run of the play for the most part but couldn't really create much in the final 3rd. The best 2 chances came in the last 5 mins to the Lomas. Firemens keeper made a good reaction save from a corner and Big Lee just missed with a header from 8/9 yards out.

It'll be a hard year for the Lomas but yesterdays performance was a good start. Everybody gave as good as they got and we deserved to come away with a share of the spoils.

...training starts for me on wednesday. Lovely. Maybe I should just stick to First Aid.

A proud First Aider.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done gaffa!

Is it true that you sent the dismembered ear lobe to Mike Tyson's residence to tantalize him into hiring you as his personal masseusse?

Was this ear lobe of Mehemet's large enough to satisfy Mr. Tyson's appetite?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another forfeit

City and Peg weren't the only teams to forfeit this weekend. Indo "B" couldn't field a team for whatever reason on Saturday and had to forfeit their game against Sporting "B"

Cheers, Gomesy ;)

Wallace

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR

It’s been a while since I have posted a thread on this site. Looks good.

DCR is definitely running on all cylinders. Just after winning the Sechelt tourney for the 2nd year in a row, we were going into Saturday’s game with Peg a few men down due to injuries and vacations. But the some of new additions stepped up to plate and delivered. There’s no team in this div that can handle our speed skill and toughness. By the way Big Mac Combo make sure you wear some better studs this year, last year at your home pitch we pissed you guys 5-2, where were you studs then.

Some comments on these rumors

Who cares about Clan. And for the 96ers paying players to play in div.1, that compares to being a cheap seat on the corner of Hastings. Well you never know, there may be more to this 96ers team than meets the eye??

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hat's in the e-mail

Fasty,

Opposite end of the field for myself this past weekend (our bastard of a Coach's decision). And yes, the suspensions were carried over from last season. Unfortunately, Rude is serving 2 matching for his antics last season, so we will not welcome him back until the mighty Lomas come to town.

Willy, John:

What's with the game change? Have you already lost out on your prime field allocation?

~Luch

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite! Luch lives.

Good to see you posting mate. Thought you might have lost your typing fingers in another cheap tackle from behind concluded with your cerimonial shove to the ground. ;)

In any event, the field change is not our doing, nor have we lost the spot all together. The fact of the matter is, the pitch doesnt open until mid october. A fact that has been known to both the city of Richmond and the VMSL for several weeks.

It still absolutely boggles my mind that our beloved city of Richmond spends millions of dollars to construct wonderful all-weather pitches for soccer, but fails to open them until (in some cases) as late as November. The logic in that is lost on me.

However, the city of Richmond is kind enough to open these parks in time for the (American) football season allowing these 10 - 15 year old meatheads to destroy these "soccer fields" just in time for the cold wet weather, leaving us to play on pitches about as well-maintained as an american football player's intellect.

So we'll see you on some shite field on Saturday Luch.

Willy

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Shows

Does anyone know if the league are going to fine some of these teams that don't bother to show up for their matches, i think they should , because it is unbelieveable that a club with a cat team can't field eleven players , or can't make an effort to phone the league or opposing team to let them know they can't get a team together, our game on the sat. was just one that had a no show, it was fustrating sitting there waiting with the ref to say the fiffteen minutes are up you win. I would rather have played than waste a day , we could have arranged a exhibition match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0