Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Holiday Dinner 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back for another year, La Rocca is pleased to host our dinner again, hopefully everyone from last year plus a few more will be able to make it.

Details:

Date: Saturday, December 18th, 2004
Time: 8:00 PM dinner served, be there around 7:30 PM
Location: La Rocca Restaurante (on Commercial Drive, one block north of 1st Ave)
Cost:
Early Bird Special
$25 per person (this includes GST and Tip) if paid before December 8th, 2004

$30 per person (this includes GST and Tip) after December 8th, 2004

It's a little more formal setting so wives/girlfriends/boyfriends are encouraged.

Dinner includes (subject to change):

- Platters of house salad and Focacciabread out to start.
- A choice of Chicken or Italian Sausage with a choice of Pasta to accompany it (either Fettucine Alfredo, or Penne in a Tomatoe sauce).

Drink specials include:

Double Martini's - $5.50
20oz. Pints - $4.00

I am personally buying a bottle of wine per 4 people at this event as a thanks to everyone on TTP. If you can't make it, don't worry, it won't go to waste (last year it worked out to pretty much a bottle per person... who knows what's in store for this year :D )

I'll make any announcements as I get further info and update this post appropriately.

Please PM or email me if interested. Please include your name, phone number, how many 'tickets', & your dinner and pasta preference.

Space is limited so please confirm with your payment ASAP.

Cheers,

~Regs.

=======================

IN
1. Regs
2. Mrs. Regs
3. Therob
4. Mrs. Therob
5. Yoda
6. Mrs. Yoda
7. Dude
8. Mrs. Dude
9. BlazeArmy
10. KNVB
11. Mrs. KNVB
12. Notty
13. Utah
14. Mrs. Utah
15. Zaurrini
16. White Shoes
17. Lion
18. Guinness
19. Knight Rhider

=======================

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just there last night for a nice dinner with my better half and dinner was fabulous. Although i did get some service from a guy that probably should have been wearing a hair net. I let management know about it.

Regs,
Put me down for 2. I'll get you the money ASAP

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Sounds good Yoda.

The IN list will be updated when monies are received from anyone. If you want to pay by Paypal, please PM me and I'll give details on how to proceed.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just thought you might want to know who's interested. I know your policy. No money, no "IN" list.

:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Gotcha.

TR and his lovely wife are IN.

Where's the rest of the TTP staff?

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mrs. Dude and I are both in. Cheque is in the mail.

Say, I know this is somewhat a little more formal, but KNVB and I have a little outstanding bet. See, we made it at last year's dinner. KNVB needs to prove he can drop off a dining room table on a skateboard, landing it successfully of course. One year is considered a fair time limit to make good on a bet...

Lion- I have faith that you can set this up, for the good of mankind and any TTPer who's ever lived.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sure this could be set up.
I don't know about in the dining room. Wouldn't want to see Dutch bones make hard contact with Italian ceramic tile.
Maybe we can do a pre/post dinner show in the back alley.
bring your cameras!! ;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skate or Die

After all, the back alley off Commercial Drive is where all of the real action is anyway!!!

Sorry Regs, I'm not interested in attending this shite establishment... What about the Dell or that very welcoming establishment in Maple Ridge where half a dozen GEU players were given first class treatment??? :rolleyes: ;)

Guinnessdoesn'thaveamissussowillborrowKNVB'safterhediesinalley!!!

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be there showing off my jingle bells...just as long as Dude doesn't tell everyone he loves them again. Stop drinking Dude...do the world a favour!!!

PS Dude...first rounds on me...ya big lug!!! :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should we start an over/under TTP Bookie event on the number of glasses of wine it takes before Dude brings his noise level above the 110 decibel mark? :D

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skate or Die

Guinness said:
Sorry Regs, I'm not interested in attending this shite establishment... What about the Dell or that very welcoming establishment in Maple Ridge where half a dozen GEU players were given first class treatment???

I heard they dumping a bunch of thier longhaired hippy employees to clean the place up a bit before our night.
That welcoming establishment was in in Mission not Maple Ridge. Maple Ridge has much classier establishments than that. For instance Caddyshack and TheRidge.
:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's an interesting proposal, Regs.

The human ear can perceive a broad range of sound pressures, from the threshold of hearing (2 x [10 ^ -7] microbar) to the threshold of pain (1 microbar). The threshold of pain is five million times louder than the threshold of hearing. This is what you get when your wife is nagging you to take out the garbage. The decibel is used in acoustical work to indicate sound pressure levels because it condenses this tremendous range of values to a workable range of from 10 dB to 130 dB. So, your 110 benchmark is within a measurable range.

If we are to establish a clear over/under, an acceptable noise level criteria must be established, based on the activity in the area, the nature of my noise, the relationship of the listening location, and the OSHA permissible noise exposure regulations. Local WCB guidelines call for a permissible noise level of 85 dBA at 3.3' over an 8 hour work period. Therefore, 3.3' should be used as the measuring point.

Location of the noise source (me) with respect to the listener is very important. The greater the distance, the lower the noise level. Use of absorptive and reflective materials usually control excessive noise. Therefore, if I'm sitting next to or near either Notty or Utah, that will help as large fleshy surfaces are considered to be absorptive to sound energy.

If I seem excessively noisy, an octave band sound analyzer should be employed to measure the noise level, before automatically jumping to conclusions that I have exceeded the benchmark. Because it analyzes the spectrum by octaves, it is helpful in isolating components within the spectrum that are major contributors to the noise problem. I argue that La Rocca is an environment that contributes to excessive noise, as marble flooring serves as a major reflecting surface.

Often, I am not the major source of the noise; many times it is nearby machinery or the surrounding environment that is louder than me. I know they have dishwashers (and I don't mean Guinness) at La Rocca. To reduce acoustical noise, a reduction in sound energy is important. Therefore, it can be argued that the wine, and my consumption of it, is a key factor in (eventually) reducing my noise level.

Anyhow, I'll take the under.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Location of the noise source (me) with respect to the listener is very important. The greater the distance, the lower the noise level. Use of absorptive and reflective materials usually control excessive noise. Therefore, if I'm sitting next to or near either Notty or Utah, that will help as large fleshy surfaces are considered to be absorptive to sound energy.
It's funny 'cause it's true :D

~Regs.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure why Regs wasn't included in on the absorption factor...you start stretching the skin surface length wise (and out might I add...ya fat bastard :eek: ), the top of his dome will either absorb or deflect the sound levels upward therefore being absorbed by the ceiling fans! Simple physics really! :D

Dude...you must work in an industry where sound is a factor....like industrial air cleaning!!! :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be honest here, John Candy, I'm no where near your proportions!

:D

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why dont we just stick Cliff Claven in the alley with his own table and be done with it.
His wif can stay inside with us of course.
Not like we won't be able to hear him anyways.

:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

Received your payment in the mail today, thanks!

See ya on the 18th!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0