Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie Event] Game 1 - Canucks vs Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Nucks will surprise many and win this one by 3.

The city will then go nuts for the next 2 days.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I can pretty much guarantee a win tonight. I'm 5-0 this year when I've been at the games and my uncle called me last night with a tickets for me. Look for me behind the net where the Zamboni comes out. Go Nucks Go!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Fcku....

Does this mean they lead the series 2-0??? :rolleyes:

I was hoping to see Luongo stop 100 shots!!

Off to bed...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk about away to play in your first ever playoff game. I know there are a few of them for the Canucks, but Roberto comes up huge and to top it off that was the 6th longest game EVER in the playoffs. With I believe 3 of them happening before the 50's!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great start to the series by both teams and the Vancouver crowd... though what were with all the empty seats as overtime went on?!?!?!

TTPer Bigun called me during the first period from the nosebleeds at GM Place... picked up a couple of scalped tix for $100 each... we're going tomorrow night!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game last night was crazy, I didn't get home till 1:30 (work sucks this morning). Luongo played great, he's taking us to the cup. The crowd dwindled at the end of each overtime, though you couldn't tell by how loud it was in there. Sitting behind the glass in the corner is great, tons of huge hits, plus the '82 Canucks were behind us and signed everything we gave them. Can't wait for tomorrow's game.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has Burrows figured out where he is yet???

And the beer cup stacking was hilarious... There must have been $150 worth of beer back there!!! Ron Mclean did the teleprompter.... man they must have been bored in T.O......

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game last night was crazy, I didn't get home till 1:30 (work sucks this morning). Luongo played great, he's taking us to the cup. The crowd dwindled at the end of each overtime, though you couldn't tell by how loud it was in there. Sitting behind the glass in the corner is great, tons of huge hits, plus the '82 Canucks were behind us and signed everything we gave them. Can't wait for tomorrow's game.

You think that was bad the game didn't end here till 4am.:(

Cooke was very lucky that he didn't go knee on knee. He got what he desevered for sticking his leg out on that hit (groin injury).....to bad I have him in my pool:(

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You think that was bad the game didn't end here till 4am.:(

Cooke was very lucky that he didn't go knee on knee. He got what he desevered for sticking his leg out on that hit (groin injury).....to bad I have him in my pool:(

I just missed him, got Nazzy and Pyatt though. (Bulis too, last pick, had to go with a Canuck :rolleyes: )

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
though what were with all the empty seats as overtime went on?!?!?!

Apparently only a few of the concessions around the building were still open as overtime went on - meant that there were huge lineups for those inedible oil product nachos sold there...:rolleyes:

Hrudy's call about "and you can see two more cups, but only if you have HD.":D

Tuning in again tonight...

Trece

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks 5 Stars 4 (OT4)

After the second OT, there were no venders open except for the Authentix outlets! :rolleyes: Who needs a hat by then?
They charge you $7.50 a pint, then after you could finally careless about the cost they close it down (5 mins into 3rd period). I was about to go and get a $4 bottle of water after the second OT to keep my screaming throat from dying, but nothing was open. It was something to be a part of, people were walking around the place like zombies and then as soon as the boys would take the ice for the start of each period the place erupted! Absolutely brilliant atmosphere, especially considering the lack of food or bevies after a few hours. However, I did notice some dwindling in the lower bowl more than anything. The missus was fading fast beside me, but she knew I was going no where and sucked it up pretty good.

I think the cops were happier than anyopne else, the Canucks won 3 1/2 hours after the beers closed down. Mellow downtown scene afterward.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Canucks 5 Stars 4 (OT4)

After the second OT, there were no venders open except for the Authentix outlets! :rolleyes: Who needs a hat by then?
They charge you $7.50 a pint, then after you could finally careless about the cost they close it down (5 mins into 3rd period). I was about to go and get a $4 bottle of water after the second OT to keep my screaming throat from dying, but nothing was open. It was something to be a part of, people were walking around the place like zombies and then as soon as the boys would take the ice for the start of each period the place erupted! Absolutely brilliant atmosphere, especially considering the lack of food or bevies after a few hours. However, I did notice some dwindling in the lower bowl more than anything. The missus was fading fast beside me, but she knew I was going no where and sucked it up pretty good.

I think the cops were happier than anyopne else, the Canucks won 3 1/2 hours after the beers closed down. Mellow downtown scene afterward.

i couldnt believe that, my throat was just killin me from all the turco chants. To be told if i wanted a drink to go find a bathroom was a bunch of crap, what a great game though.:wa:

http://minorcrisis.net/files/turcosuck.mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0