Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TSN scheduling

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suprise suprise, the UEFA Champions league matches have been moved from their original time slot (live) to accomidate a bunch of ladies sliding rocks down a sheet of ice!!! Absolute pish!!!
This is another perfect of example of the half wits in Toronto deciding that soccer in this country is not even 4th or 5th in the depth chart of TV rankings...
Behind Hockey is obvious, even the traditional "North American" team sports such as Football, Basketball and possibly Baseball, but Fcuking womens curling???
Rogers Sportsnet must be loving it!!! :rolleyes:

TSN game times (PST)
Feb 20th @ 9pm - Bayern Munich @ Real Madrid
Feb 21st @ 12:30am (yes morning) - AC Milan @ Celtic
encore replay @ 10am - AC Milan @ Celtic
Feb 22nd @ 12:30am (again morning) Liverpool @ Barcalona
encore replay @ 10:30am - Liverpool @ Barcalona

Only in Canada.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
Suprise suprise, the UEFA Champions league matches have been moved from their original time slot (live) to accomidate a bunch of ladies sliding rocks down a sheet of ice!!! Absolute pish!!!
This is another perfect of example of the half wits in Toronto deciding that soccer in this country is not even 4th or 5th in the depth chart of TV rankings...
Behind Hockey is obvious, even the traditional "North American" team sports such as Football, Basketball and possibly Baseball, but Fcuking womens curling???
Rogers Sportsnet must be loving it!!! :rolleyes:

TSN game times (PST)
Feb 20th @ 9pm - Bayern Munich @ Real Madrid
Feb 21st @ 12:30am (yes morning) - AC Milan @ Celtic
encore replay @ 10am - AC Milan @ Celtic
Feb 22nd @ 12:30am (again morning) Liverpool @ Barcalona
encore replay @ 10:30am - Liverpool @ Barcalona

Only in Canada.

What can you say, it's all about the ratings. Women's curling far exceeds soccer ratings. I hate it too, but ratings are ratings and business is business. I remember seeing numbers re viewership awhile ago, and curling in general had numbers rivaling if not beating NHL and Grey Cup numbers.

Maybe Sportsnet will have a go at capturing the Champions League now that they have lost EPL and World Cup

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
if you don't have time to go to the pub for those working near a computer at lunchtime, download sopcast at www.sopcast.org(free) and watch any footie game for free too. the quality isn't the greatest but it's watchable in the office. You can usually pick any game you want to watch instead of the regularly schedule game. you get the live espn american feed

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reminds me of the old I think it was McLean and Mclean spoof back in I think it was the 70s...(OK Sir M is dating himself a bit here), but if memory serves, it is a Monday Night Football conversation between Don Meredith, Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, and special guest from CTV Don Chevrier.

Don Meredith: "So that's it pardners... final score Pittsburgh Steelers 21, Dallas Cowboys 17. Terry Bradshaw with three touchdown passes. Thats our lee-ast Monday night game of the year, and we're all looking forward to the playoffs. Where will y'all be next weekend?"

Howard: "Well Danderoo, I Am Head-Ing Down to The South Pacific to call the Ali/Joltin' Joe Frazier Bout for the Heavyweight Championship of the World: The Thrilla in Manila!"

Don Meredith: "Frank what about you pardner?"

Frank: "Don, I am heading up to Lambeau field for the NFC Wild Card game where the 9-4 Packers are hosting the 8-5 Giants. The winners will face All World Wes Chandler and the Chargers over on the West Coast."

Don Meredith: "Well thanks Giff, I know I like San Diego myself a lot better than Green Bay. No offence to the folks up there, but things over there on the beach are a lot warmer if you know what I mean. And Don, what about you my Canadian pardner, what are you up to this weekend?"

Don Chevrier: "Don I am heading up to Moncton for the Brier".

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess during the day is when the old farts (who are retired) take advantage of curling...
There is something seriously wrong here!!!

LFC2 - who's got EPL for next year???

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did a little checking and if you have the channel RDS, which is TSN in French, they are playing Liverpool vs Barcelona on Tuesday and Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid on Wednesday at the proper time. I imagine that the feed would be in English so if you have the channel(256 on Shaw digital) it would be better than waiting until 9:00pm on TSN.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0