Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Transformers

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone seen this yet? Went last night and it was awesome, Michael Bay was the right man for this movie. No cheesy parts (except for the "your a soldier now" part), tons of actually funny parts, and good acting for an action movie. The special effects were fantastic, the Transformers looked great, I'd even pay to see it again. Can't wait for it to come out on BluRay and getting to see it in HD.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone seen this yet? Went last night and it was awesome, Michael Bay was the right man for this movie. No cheesy parts (except for the "your a soldier now" part), tons of actually funny parts, and good acting for an action movie. The special effects were fantastic, the Transformers looked great, I'd even pay to see it again. Can't wait for it to come out on BluRay and getting to see it in HD.

It was lame and there was a sappy love story.....the effects were pretty cool though. Stallion did you wear your Octomus Prime helmet:confused:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was lame and there was a sappy love story.....the effects were pretty cool though. Stallion did you wear your Octomus Prime helmet:confused:

No, in fact I don't really remember the transformers other than the toys when I was a kid. I didn't think it was lame either, but I also don't enjoy movies like Fried Green Tomatoes so maybe that's why you didn't like it?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, in fact I don't really remember the transformers other than the toys when I was a kid. I didn't think it was lame either, but I also don't enjoy movies like Fried Green Tomatoes so maybe that's why you didn't like it?

Don't try to hide the fact you enjoyed this lame flick....you also like star wars don't you:rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't try to hide the fact you enjoyed this lame flick....you also like star wars don't you:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that's what I said in my first post, although it does seem hard to understand when you go back and read it :confused:. Not really a big star wars fan, Portmann was hot though.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portman was 16 too, wasn't she?

Seriously, I'd like to go and see The Transformers, but I'm a little worried about "The Michael Bay Factor". He's kind of like Mike Keenan: he can take something that could be alright and fcuk it up beyond recognition.

Evidence: Pearl Harbour & Armageddon (arguably one of the worst movies of all time).

The Island was a pleasant surprise, but Bay kills me with his brutal love stories all the time. I'm hoping he doesn't screw up a subject matter that could be pretty damn cool.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portman was young in Beautiful Girls (excellent movie) as well and you knew she was going to be haught.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portman was 16 too, wasn't she?

Seriously, I'd like to go and see The Transformers, but I'm a little worried about "The Michael Bay Factor". He's kind of like Mike Keenan: he can take something that could be alright and fcuk it up beyond recognition.

Evidence: Pearl Harbour & Armageddon (arguably one of the worst movies of all time).

The Island was a pleasant surprise, but Bay kills me with his brutal love stories all the time. I'm hoping he doesn't screw up a subject matter that could be pretty damn cool.

I agree that he wrecks movies (also add Miami Vice) but he was definitely the guy for this movie, like I said before, it's awesome.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miami Vice was Michael Mann. And Michael Mann is awesome. He also did Heat which was spectacular.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always thought it was Michael Bay, woops. Heat was good, but Vice sucked.

Heat was just Miami Vice about ten years later. Cheesy but cool...just like that shaver they used to market to guys that hoped to make themselves look like Don Johnson with a bit of a shadow. Struttin' down the Drive in the peach coloured suit with the white wife beater underneath (ring a bell SCK?).

It was called the "Miami De-Vice".

I am serious.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a fun movie. The young chick was totally hawt.

RE: Natalie Portman...I'd hit it.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, went and saw it tonight and I've got to agree with I-tie_Stallion. Good action, some amusing bits, and some over-the-top-in-excess transformations.

A must for the big screen.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK... I'm guilty too... both of going to see the flick... and for perving at the young hautness.

Yes... I was entertained. Great FX.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mostly one long car commercial. They didn't quite fit enough shots of the Chevy logo into the flick though. Another four or five hundred would have been better.

Overall it was mildly entertaining I guess. Completely geared toward the pre-teen and teenage audience though. I've seen less kids at Disneyland than were at the movie. Where were the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll? Where were the girl-on-girl love scenes? Why the fcuk did Jazz not transform into a huge, autobot vibrator and diddle the hot, young chick?

Bumblebee was pretty cool until he uttered the cringe-inducing "I want to stay with the boy" line. Christ, who is he, Michael Jackson now?

Optimus was allright but I was honestly expecting him to kick a litle more ass. Pulling StarScreams arms off and beating KNVB over the head with them would have been a good way to engage viewers I think.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts